This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dang hot out here today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dang hot out here today
    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:07pm
Some body close to ol shameless have him turn that dang ol machine on, let's see if it'll cool off some. Never thought I'd be crazy enough to be asking for that to happen. Dang air cond dont work on the 200.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:38pm
Was near a 100 today in Midland TX, gonna be 106 in a day or two.
Was kinda warm w/the humidity, and not much breeze.
Beats the heck out of that freezing, snow, and crap like that.
Moved from Wisconsin almost 8 years ago, and I will take this weather any day, over what I grew up with.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 09 Jun 2021 at 8:42pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:44pm
Only in the high 80's around here today but the humidity is off the scale. Don't see how you stand it in a tractor cab with no air conditioning, but I have never had one with a cab or air.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm
to $%#&^(#@ HOT here! the "machine" is put away for the summer. Tom...i'll gits it out later this year and remember what you said! i was so hot today, i went out and sat in my dually and turned the ac on. usually when i gits overheated i go to the local convienence store and walk in their beer cooler and sit down awhile.
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:32am
   Its been in the 90s here for nearly a week
in the UP of Michigan. Very different. will be glad
to have it cool down. Real dry also.

J Carlson
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:33am
I prefer the heat over cold any day. I think I'm more productive on projects in hot weather
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:37am
As I get older, the heat sure does help my back, and the aches of arthritis are nearly gone when it’s hot .
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:31pm
Been putting on a new roof on the little shop for the last several days...
 Tore off shingles on the other side yesterday and rolled out the 30# tar paper last night...  sweat like a dog taking shingles off in 97 degrees, and then the musquitoes showed up in the evening when it was nicer and cooler.  Dang things could have carried the tar paper up for me instead of trying to carry me away.
 And today I worked at putting steel on...  96 degrees on the thermometer.  Got to wondering how hot the steel was, and the tar paper hotter.  Took out the point and shoot digital infrared heat sensor... the brown painted steel was registering only 148 degrees, while the tar was registering 164 degrees....

Shameless, you lazy guy, you could pull thet snow machine out and start it up for awhile right now... some would really appreciate that right now...And a few maybe not so much... LOL  ... specially those with crops growingl
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm
As hot as it is, I doubt he could run it long enough to freeze anything. And the snow might actually help considering how dry it is here. Weather man says 5" in June is normal and we have only gotten .04"
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:03pm
Been in 90's for a week +, had 2 days at 88 - 89, tomorrow mid 80's slight chance rain, then back to mid to upper 90's next 10 days according to weather people. May was dry 1/2 normal rain so far June is NO rain normal 1st 10 days at 1.5". IT's dry n hot like last year. Lawn mowing every 2 weeks in May n June. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:05am
i been getting up at 0400, down at my industrial lot at 0430 to cut heads off doc weeds. i hate them doc weeds! also cutting heads off musk thistle, then spraying the plants with roundup. leave a bit after sun comes up, gets to hot. 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:23am
Got sick from the heat Wednesday. Haven’t been feeling good since.
It’s really not that hot but humidity wise through the roof
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:23am
Thad, take it easy for a few weeks. The humidity will get to you just as bad as high temperatures, and it will slip up on you before you know it. Be careful out there and take care of yourself.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic