This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods Mowers - Online Parts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods Mowers - Online Parts?
    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
Found a decent deal on an older Woods 3 point finish mower.....an RM306. But it needs some parts in the form of some idler bearings and blade parts stack. All the cup washers and slip washers. Found blades and belt, but no good without all the rest.

Also need to figure out how to rig the center link lift chains.

Are these available on ebay or where? Nearest Woods dealer to me is 50 miles plus.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 1:24pm
Howard, Messicks Tractor are a great bunch to deal with, I get most all my Kubota and Ford parts from them. They ship quick and are helpful if you have to call

just enter 306 in the search and pick which version you have, your tag should have the version# following the model stamping

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:54pm
Have never ordered from Messicks, but use their online parts books all the time for my NH equipment.

May give them a try. Have printed the parts diagram and parts list, and it looks like they have most of the parts I need. As luck would have it, one of the bearings I need is for the idler pulley used to tension the belt. It appears the pulley I have has been changed to a new one.....that costs $100 (ouchy), plus you still gotta buy the bearing. And the only bearing they show is for the new one. Call may be in order to clarify.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:56pm
Another question for you Woods mower guys......blades on it were worn down clubs.....but had a high lift sail. New replacement blades I found are flat.....no lift at all. Are those gonna work?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:59pm
woods did not make bearings... if you can disassemble the pulley and get the bearing size, you can replace'
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:00pm
my blades are flat... ok
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:04pm
Got a Motions Industry storefront nearby. May take the idler to them to see what they can find.

The modern era is good about some things, but bad about others. Parts counter guys (or in some cases boys and girls.....out of diapers but not by much) can only find it on a computer......not back in the isles.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:09pm
Nuther odd thing I found. Middle spindle did not have a blade on it, nor did it have the stack of blade bushings, washers, discs, etc. Middle spindle also does not match the outside two, both of which have blades held on by left hand thread bolts. Single middle spindle has right hand thread.

Wondering if that is why miss-matched middle spindle is missing a blade and washers? Is that gonna spin off and go flying?
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:31pm
I would say mismatched. I have 2 L306 mowers and all the spindles are left hand thread.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

Nuther odd thing I found. Middle spindle did not have a blade on it, nor did it have the stack of blade bushings, washers, discs, etc. Middle spindle also does not match the outside two, both of which have blades held on by left hand thread bolts. Single middle spindle has right hand thread.

Wondering if that is why miss-matched middle spindle is missing a blade and washers? Is that gonna spin off and go flying?

Probably best to replace the middle spindle with a left handed one. I had a 59 mower and couldn't get the belt to hold up running it right handed on my CA. I bought left handed blades and re-routed the belt the way it's supposed to be for the CA, than used an impact on the blade bolts. I lost one blade while mowing with it for 10 years, and that was probably because I hadn't sharpened them for a long while and it happened to have worked loose.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:09pm
The blades online are junk.  The only good blades I ever found were from the Woods dealer.  The ones online are about half the thickness of true woods blades.  I got the idler pulley bearing from the woods dealer as well. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 11:01pm
Left handed bolts on the dang blades. No wonder I've never been able to get the dand things off. Will give them another try this week.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Left handed bolts on the dang blades. No wonder I've never been able to get the dand things off. Will give them another try this week.
L series mower decks have Left handed blades, so a left handed bolt. If the deck has right handed blades( spindle turns clockwise looking down at it) it has right handed threads.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic