This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

810GT restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 810GT restoration
    Posted: 30 May 2021 at 1:16pm
Hello All, I thought I would post a few photos of my recent 810GT restoration. It had belonged to an old gentleman who had used it to mow his property up until he passed away last year. I bought it from his son. The tires were miss-matched and pretty well shot, the wiring was messed up, and the crankshaft seal on the engine was leaking, so the whole machine was covered in oil and dust and grass clippings, but other than that it was pretty good condition - not banged up or rusted out.
I started out by completely dismantling it, down to the frame. It didn't shift very good, so I removed and opened up the transmission. It looked fine so I cleaned it up and painted it and changed the oil. I cleaned the frame with degreaser and a pressure washer and repainted it.
The deck was in pretty good shape, so I just cleaned it up and repainted it.

One of the biggest problems I had was with the wiring which had been 'creatively altered.' This tractor has safety interlocks for the deck power take off  and for the transmission neutral. There are two indicating lights on the dash controlled by two relays. The whole thing had been bypassed. When I re-wired to original, I had a short to ground that I had trouble finding. It turned out that one of the relays had been hit and the casing had been dented in, causing the circuit to ground internally to the case. I was able to bend back the tabs on the casing and remove the coil and contacts and tap the dent out of the casing to isolate the circuit.

Overall, it turned out pretty good and is ready for the shows (if we are ever allowed to go to them again).

I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to... I guess.
'44 B, '46 WF, '49 G, 810GT, 916H, 620
Sponsored Links

allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Nice tractor. You did a great job on it.
looks really sharp.

J. Carlson
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 8:20pm
Lookin' good!!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:25am
looks very nice , it should get the job done for a long time 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic