This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michlen tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michlen tires
    Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:59pm
Got a new to me 2012 Dodge Challenger with Michilen tires about 60 % tread and theres a bubble on the sidewall - I never buy this brand because have seen this happen before - do you think a dealer will do any warrenty on this ?
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:34pm
I would guess a lot would depend on the date the tire was manufactured. There is a code on the tire that tells the date.

I have had Michelin tires on several different vehicles. I never had a problem with any of them.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:51pm
I liked Michelins for handling and drivability but for wear sucked, 3/4 the miles of GY or Goodrich or even Cooper.  Toss up as to Dealer giving much IF warrant the tire.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 7:56pm
My Kubota developed sidewall blisters at about 120 hrs (1st year), dealar swapped me new for bad X2 no problem. Got 400hrs on them, picked up a nail Saturday, dealer fixed for free !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:14pm
Have had them on my 94 truck since new. No issues and getting ready to put a set of five on it since the spare is original.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:19pm
As a former tire shop owner, unless they have changed something, the age of the tire will pretty much negate any warentee. If you have been a very good customer of the tire dealer you are using, they may adjust the tire, using tread depth, for you out of their own picket. We did that a lot.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 1:05pm
I see on the Construction Equipment daily update that Michelin is raising their prices by 8%. 

Edited by JohnColo - 04 May 2021 at 1:06pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 2:06pm
Have always gotten excellent wear and service from Michelin.  My first car I bought out of college came with Goodforayear.  When they quit making that tire, I switched to Michelin and nearly doubled the mileage.  Pushing nearly 70,000 on my daughter's car presently, and they look good still.  
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 3:02pm
Bought a 1989 F250 2x4 new.. Had 235 x 80 x 16 Michelin tires. Ran them right around 70K miles till replaced.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic