This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Tractor Front Mounted Planters Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBaucom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Tractor Front Mounted Planters Questions
    Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:55pm
I just inherited my grandfather's CA tractor and equipment. I have found a lot of the Front mounted planter parts (rough shape). Does anyone have a complete manual for it or pics of them set up on their CA? I now that I am missing a lot of parts for the planter and the cultivators. I may just sell the parts I have to fix up the tractor but really want to see how much I am missing. Has not been on the tractor since mid 60s. My manual is falling apart. I also have my other Grandfather's C. I have both of their two disk plows. Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:11pm
welcome to the forum. Put some pictures on here for us to check out and give guidance. I’ll check see if I can find a picture in manual.
BBaucom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBaucom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:27pm
I will start posting pics as soon as I get all of it together. It is spread across 4 different sheds and buildings. The hard part is trying to figure out what goes with the CA or not. The man never threw anything out. Thank you for the welcome.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:20pm
I have some advertising literature. Can you post your address on PM and I will mail it to you
Turnerman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:08am
If you find a fertilizer base I need one!    Part number 310962 cast into it.   I have a ca with both mid planters down for engine rebuild.
BBaucom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBaucom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:06am
I will keep you in mind if I decided to sell. Do you have any literature on the setup?
Turnerman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:42am
I have the planter book
BBaucom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBaucom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:48am
Do you know who I can buy one through? Thanks
Turnerman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 2:14pm
Got mine on eBay
Cernunnos View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cernunnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 5:49pm
Mike Becker "The Paper Farmer" in Chippewa Falls, WI is a great source for hard to find manuals.  He may be able to help....(715) 726-1942
1951 CA, 1952 CA with cultivator, 20 Series 8' disc harrow, 2 bottom pick-up plow, forage blower, 2-row rear mounted drill corn planter, Allcrop grain drill, No. 80T sickle mower, MN No. 130 barge box
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:00pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
BBaucom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBaucom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:26pm
I was going to post some pics but file size to large and there is a lot of pics.
Countryboy92 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countryboy92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:36am
I have a CA with a complete side dresser if that is what you are calling the planter. I'd be happy to send pics of what I have. Inbox me for my number. I also know where parts or whole assembly may be
BBaucom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBaucom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:23am
I have ordered the same manual as above. It is a CA front mounted planter with cultivators. It is an amazing piece of machinery. My mother remembers her dad spending all day setting it up on the tractor for the planting season. I am on the fence on restoring it or the CA. My grandfather was a very practical man and would tell me to use the tractor lol. The tractor is in running operable shape but needs some tlc to keep it functional. I have other implements with it but the planter setup was the most interesting one. Thank you all for the info. If I ever decide to sell I will sell it all together to someone who would restore it and not part it out (hopefully).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic