This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GM electric mini

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GM electric mini
    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:42pm

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:44pm

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:14am
I don't think it will be that cheap over here but might be under $6,000.  Don't think it has much range, maybe 80 miles, but good for a lot of people who only commute a few miles each way to work or school.  Not for the interstate but probably at least as safe as one of those little smart cars.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 2:53am
it'll prolly be more money over here if they are being made over there. shipping/glass replacement/emissions? still pretty cheap for an auto! i'm still looking for a cheap one, just cuz no one else around here has one! only problem is...i like noise, and i don't think putting dual exhaust or straight pipes on an electric vehicle will give me that! lol
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:22am
FORD seems to think that FAKE noise LOL will help sell the electric Muskrats Thumbs Down
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:44am

Just needs a place for 2 golf bags and it will be ready for retirement communities.

G
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:48am
hahahahaha...
I couldn't get to Toronto and back on one full charge !
seats 4 ??
hahahahaha

bet the replacmenty battery, installed cost more than a new one too !

Edited by jaybmiller - 19 Apr 2021 at 7:48am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:34am
Gary hit the nail!

Looks like a fancy Golf Cart!

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:00am
Looks more like a little kids pedal car to me!!  Might be a good idea to install pedals to increase the drive distance!!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:05am
Just what I need for side by side ATV on the ranch. Most days never close to 80 miles.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:53pm
I read that the convertible only has the front seat.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 3:08pm
Looks like the back seat face the rear, the way the head rest sets
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 4:43pm
can anyone find ANY pictures with 4 ADULTS in one of them sardine cans ???

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 4:55pm

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Apr 2021 at 4:55pm
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Alberta Phil Alberta Phil wrote:

Looks more like a little kids pedal car to me!!  Might be a good idea to install pedals to increase the drive distance!!
Yaba daba DO!

Edited by LouSWPA - 19 Apr 2021 at 6:01pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:09pm
still ain't no humans in them seats....
hmm backseat legroom ??? 2-3 slillymeters ??, headroom ??
oh wait THAT'S why there's a convertable !!

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:19pm
youtube has several short movies of the car.. here is a shot of a girl setting in the back.. of course she might be 4'5" tall !!

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:20pm
you ever try getting in the back seat of a Mustang or Camaro ??   Wink   Clap

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Apr 2021 at 6:21pm
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 2:46pm
By the time it got here it would gain 1000 lbs and 16,000 dollars. If I could get one that cheep I'd drive to work daily. I rode a moped to work for 3 years. I used about a gallon a month, lived 3 miles away and saved enough gas money to keep my corvette for fun my wife a mustang and a lifted blazer for the weekends. Parking was great I would have rode a bike but nomoterized vehicles weren't
allowed crossing the taxiway.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

youtube has several short movies of the car.. here is a shot of a girl setting in the back.. of course she might be 4'5" tall !!

Judging by the size of that steering wheel compared to her, I don't guess Shaq will be doing any commercials for GM advertising this one. LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 4:52pm
Dave hit the nail on the head.. It is SMALL, but the reason i posted it is the cost was $4400. in China...  A golf cart cost more than that in the US... If it was allowed to come here, it would cost $20,000. as Dave said ................ thats part of the problem with US manufacturing / imports. ....SCREWED by EPA, DOT, OSHA, IRS and anyone else that can get a hand in it !
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 5:42pm
re: you ever try getting in the back seat of a Mustang or Camaro ??

yes, 67 hatchback, my mom's car.. still have it(sortof)...
went 1000s of miles in the back seat, including down to DC to visit my 'American Aunt and Uncle'. He was head of MBenz sales, eastern seaboad, she was HR head for the CIA....
memeber that trip real good...came back south of Lake Erie, snowing bad, pop pizzed with doin 40, PASSES the slow poke, like he was standin still....pop KNEW how to drive ....

I'd still like to see an 'average' American family of 4 get in ( and out) of the car !!!

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:02pm
it is called a MICROCOMPACT  ......... dont think a normal family of 4 would be looking at something like this for TRAVEL..  its a 1-2 passenger commuter , short distance.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:09pm
but.... it HAS 4 seats, so it HAS to seat 4 adults, right ??LOL

Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Dave hit the nail on the head.. It is SMALL, but the reason i posted it is the cost was $4400. in China...  A golf cart cost more than that in the US... If it was allowed to come here, it would cost $20,000. as Dave said ................ thats part of the problem with US manufacturing / imports. ....SCREWED by EPA, DOT, OSHA, IRS and anyone else that can get a hand in it !

Won't argue that! 

They where importing those little cab over pickups.  There was quite a few around here at one time, they were cheap but lasted about that long too.  Any abuse and they were done.  Place in Dodge City sold them, guess I'll check next time thru town but I think they no longer sell them.

Edited by Kansas99 - 20 Apr 2021 at 6:36pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 1:16pm
All those micro trucks sold around here are still running. Farms that have them wont give one up you cant get plates for them now so no new sales. They were able to plate before as low speed farm or urban
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:36pm
around here they put SMV signs on them and can drive them mini pickups up gravel roads and on the shoulders of highways. and that EV looks like the one i posted about way back when, but it was about $1400. in China then, some have imported them to here and do a docu on you tube. 
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:57am
I first seen 1 of them, thought it was a Chinese built mustang. When I worked at the car dealership they bought a Chinese made electric pickup. It was a real pile of crap. You turned on the wipers and it slowed way down, no heater in it. We used it to haul customers around the lot. We kept a electric milk house heater in it, plugged in while waiting for the next customer. Kept it warm for a while.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:46am
Here I thought Tom was going to tell us he wanted one of them to make deliveries
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 5:42pm
This thread reminds me... Today a prius stopped at a flashing yellow light, about 4 car lengths ahead of my fully loaded NPR and trailer, hauling the loader.  Stood on the brakes and horn, at the same time, thank god the dumbass started movin before I almost hit him!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic