This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid electrical question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid electrical question
    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 5:53am
Thanks steve
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm
You can keep your present switch... Just doesnt do anything extra with the generator.. all it controls is the lights.. Resistor can just go along for the ride.. If you WANT to make it more simple, you can get an ON- OFF head light switch.... But not necessary.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:18pm
Should I then get a two position switch?
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:58pm
Should I then get a two position switch?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:54pm
you may or may not have an "L" terminal... it is sometimes part of the BAT terminal.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:51pm
you no longer need the wire or the resistor.  The REGULATOR is going to adjust the voltage and current.  Generator should have 3 wires.. BAT goes to the amp meter ... two other terminals are ARMATURE (GEN) and FIELD (F) ... those two go the the generator.. You may or may not have a GROUND wire... Make sure you regulator is grounded good, or has a ground wire to the frame.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:08pm
I have a wd 45 6 volt positive ground. When I rebuilt the motor, I rewired the tractor and had the generator upgraded to a voltage regulator. What do I do with the wire that went from resistor to the field generator. Do I still hook it up?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic