This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looky what I found!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looky what I found!
    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:47pm
uploads/598/20210406_131209_480x640.jpg

SN25963, I'm not sure on the last digit,, it could be a 3 or 8, but looks more like a 3...
front axle is MIA, both rear rims are toast,but , them fenders are almost perfect...no rust at all..has belt pulley... didn't see a drawbar..

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 06 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
Sponsored Links

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:49pm
whats up with this,, I can only do one pic at a time..

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:50pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:29pm
without an axle, i guess " ran when parked" is out of the question ? Wink

NICE FIND ......... Is it yours yet ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:06pm
Well, it might have run when parked, then taken apart.  Looks like a propane tank mount.  Are you going to take it home, Michael?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:15pm
it was near where I delivered a load of fertilizer today, no one near to ask who is the owner,, I may look into finding out more when I gots some time to look around and ask some questions...
John, I think you are right,,looks to have been converted to propane sometime in its life...I know in the 50's propane/butane was really popular around this area because of the low cost..
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:41am
U found a A 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:34am
Yes, an A, and for those that were keeping track of them back about 20 years ago when the "A" was the hot tractor of the AC collectors, I posted the SN

thing is,, only prolly worth scrap price now,, well for the shape its in now...
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:09pm
That looks like a homerun to me Mike. I think you should do some quick inquiring and bring that puppy home man! If that thing ran on Propane, the engine is probably pretty clean inside of that thing.     Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Edited by Steve in NJ - 07 Apr 2021 at 2:11pm
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:02pm
+1 on that clean engine Steve. I'd find out who owned that puppy and if I was lucky enough to buy it there'd be a rollback winching her on within 24 hrz. Good find guy.
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:25pm
I can hear the chants now.  "Save another A-C"  "Save another A-C"!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm
I pulled the oil stick,,sorry to say,it was rusty,so,the crankcase has had water in it,also no cover on the exhaust so I'm sure the engine will need lotsa work....
Yea, yea, I know it can be fixed....
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:42pm
Doesn't hurt to try! It looks like it could be a fun project to me.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic