This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuild of my Allis barge box more pic 9-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rebuild of my Allis barge box more pic 9-19
    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:23pm
Done same more work on restoring the barge box, started doing the sanding but didn't think it was turning out right so decide to sandblast it, she went the the weld shop to have a couple cracks taken care off then to the sandblaster. Hope to primer it soon if the weather or the humidity straighten out why to much moisture in the air, fought the moisture last night when finishing up on the old girl. Would like to get it down before harvesting this fall we see what happen. 

Edited by Kenny L. - 19 Sep 2022 at 7:52pm
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:32pm
That is all the pictures the forum will let me post I'll try late to post more of them
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 4:07am
  It's back together now just have to get it painted and new decals put on.

Edited by Kenny L. - 04 Apr 2021 at 4:15am
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 6:35am
Looks like you've been busy since I was there Thursday!
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 7:11am
Looking good. I’ve never seen one before, really neat wagon. I really like your shop. Look forward to seeing it finished. Are you planning to sand blast it or using flap sanding disk?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:21am
Gleaner missed the boat. They should have made a galvanized box with their name standing proud from the front or long rides of the box like their early combines. I think the oval/diamond panel of the Allis Chalmers boxes are the rarest of rare and way cool. I wish I had a few of them. Truly, a great project you have.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 10:31pm
Looks like you are making good progress, I like the MM sign on your wall too.  AC's cousin!
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:46pm
Thanks all for the comments.
  Mike after you left went in town pickup the hardware I need and start to work on it and before I know it it was midnight, Friday morning had to go get acetylene and oxygen work on her until 8:30 that night finish it up Saturday morning then put rear brakes in the daughters suv in the afternoon, I wanted to get it this far before I go to work for the neighbor this spring.
  AC I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I don't know about prep work or paint but have talked to some people that do know, what sad I've a nephew that does it for a living but willn't do it for me but will give advise, I've talked to my Napa guy and he told me he can still match the #2 paint but don't know for how long so I need to make up my mind what to do probably will get the paint and if I decide to let someone else do it will have the paint any way.
 Unit3 that would've been way cool if that happen, we need to get together some time bet we're not the far a part I live out side of Winthrop Ia.
 JohnCO The wife family used MM the sign came out of the old dealership in Scotch Grove Ia.    

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 11:26am
KennyL, I’ve enjoyed your barge wagon post. Thanks for sharing photos. Great job on it’s restoration. I see in one photo, a metal Allis-Chalmers ID tag tacked to the end of the wagon floor board. Is that the tag for the barge box? If so, please try posting a clear photo of it - thanks.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:40pm
i rebuilt a wagon box (not AC) in shop class when in HS. was all wood. i built a platform on the front to stand on to scoup feed off when full. was only used to hold feed in the cattle yard. would have worked well cept i was sick one day of school and the instructor sawed the platform off when i wasn't there! (^#$%@&%*) when i came back and saw that...needless to say...the school paid for more lumber! yours looks great!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 10:49pm
how soon can we see it in use
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 10:04pm
 This has been put on the back burner for now, I was supposed to help a farmer this spring but ended up burning my leg from my ankle to my knee about a week later I messing up my knee from the knee to the upper leg, go for a mri next Tuesday ( getting old sucks), I'm going to try to go to work Monday and see if I can handle it. Adding a picture of the serial number plate.

Edited by Kenny L. - 01 May 2021 at 10:06pm
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:18am
'
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 5:21pm
Done more work prepping wagon for painting, the only thing left is to finish is the under side of the front of wagon with plastic and one bracket in the rear then it will be ready to go to the painter after labor day. After doing this wagon I don't think I'll
ever do any more it sure take a lot of time and money.Big smile

Edited by Kenny L. - 12 Oct 2021 at 8:17pm
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 4:15pm
And on an A-C running gear, too.  Very nice!  Good project, good work.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 6:29am
Kenny, Oreilly can mix paint as well. I had the marion one mix spray can's of Persian II for the d15's final drives but they can also do regular cans. I believe Independence mixes paint as well.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:32am
[QUOTE=coggonobrien]Kenny, Oreilly can mix paint as well. I had the marion one mix spray can's of Persian II for the d15's final drives but they can also do regular cans. I believe Independence mixes paint as well.
 David I got my paint from Napa in Independence, I think Mark does a good job of matching PO#2 I guess I well find out in couple of weeks. I just painted the rims this morning at 3:00 I went with cream color may change it to a light cream going to wait until it's completely dry to decide for sure.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:57am
Kenny L, Yes, you’ve done alot of work to your AC barge wagon. It’s looking great. Going be awesome when it’s finished. An AC barge, AC hoist, & AC gear - that’s quite the combination. Nice cream paint on its rims. 14 or 15” rims? AC 701 gear - right? Thanks for posting updates.

Edited by AC7060IL - 13 Oct 2021 at 7:59am
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

Kenny L, Yes, you’ve done alot of work to your AC barge wagon. It’s looking great. Going be awesome when it’s finished. An AC barge, AC hoist, & AC gear - that’s quite the combination. Nice cream paint on its rims. 14 or 15” rims? AC 701 gear - right? Thanks for posting updates.

AC7060, The rims are 14" and yes the gear is a 701, Ryan Franzen is painting it for me and talk me into repainting the rim I had painted them before I took the wagon up to him and I'm glad he did they look a lot more like they should, it would had been done but his wife decide it was time for there son to be born the day he was working on the box.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
It's getting closer to being done.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 5:50pm
looks good Kenny
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:40pm

Edited by Kenny L. - 30 Oct 2021 at 11:40pm
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:12am
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:14am
Looks good Kenny, coming right along.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 5:44pm
Wow! Very nice!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 5:45pm
Looks Great!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm
Looks to purty to haul grain!  Maybe a load of pumpkins, but you'll have to make sure them pumpkins is polished up, too!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:26pm
Looks great. Now paint the boards at front Allis cream like the wheels on D17 to finish it off. Same as your wheels. 

Edited by Ed (Ont) - 31 Oct 2021 at 8:27pm
Wispitfiremike View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wispitfiremike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:28pm
Really nice work, I don't know if it would be original but I think some lettering in that raised oval or diamond area would look cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic