This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

supper tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 2:16am
well tonight was a bomb! PffffT! i read about a bacon cheese burger type meal the other day. i needed to modify it some as it called for hot peppers in it. we DON'T do anything spiced hot! anyways...i grabbed some 82% lean ground beef (angus) and packed it into a ball about tennis ball size, wrap some thick sliced bacon around it, sometimes you gotta use a tooth pick to hold the bacon on til it shrinks while cooking. take your thumb and press a hole down thru the center, careful not to go all the way thru. pack your favorite cheeze in that hole. gotta pack it down in there to get a good amount, otherwise it will melt and absorb into the meat, which isn't bad, but you lose lots of flavor that way. now...these hafta cook offset of the heat, my flat top grill won't work on this one. (it does on some things). i bought some applewood flavored charcoal a couple years ago and never used it. i found it and dug it out, looked good yet. i went to wally world to get my prescrips, and i knew they sold weber grills there, had seen on last winter for $45. so i thought i'd just go pick one up and use that for cooking them balls! well...them weber grills (same ones) was marked up to $75. now! not gonna pay that when i could buy a gas grill for $49. lol. anyways, saw another type grill, bigger and kinda square with lots of adjustable air holes for $55. ona stand with wheels, and folds up for storage, plus has a tray inside to help keep the bottom from rusting out so fast! and ya'll won't believe it...it ain't made in china! was U.S.A. made! (not usa japan) anyways...i grabbed that one and pulled it behind my electric hot rod shopping cart! i got it home, it was all put together already, just unfold and go! i did puts a fire in it for a couple hours to get any oils or chemicals burned out before use. got my charcoal in, lit, and waited for the ash to start appearing, put my burger balls on the opposite side, put a foil pan under them to catch the drippings (less mess). i had some half burnt apple wood pieces left over from my electric smoker, i put them in too. adjusted the air intakes/outtakes and sat down with a Mikes! ohhhhh....ya'll gotta try that Mikes pomegrate/blueberry lemonaide!!! this cook was sposed to take 45 mins to an hour! burger was still raw in the middle at 1 hour, and at 2 hours, and at 2-1/2 hours, my tummy was growling, the old lady....oooops....i mean the loving wife was hungry, and we finally finished them in the oven. they didn't turn out as well as i thought they should have, they looked good when coming off the grill, but turned ugly out of the oven. PffffT!  had not been for the bacon, there wouldn't have been much flavor. i'll do them again, but use the smoker next time. i just wanted to try something i hadn't done for awhile! i still want the wood fired smoker, but not on my hafta do it now list. 
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 7:46pm
tonight i did a breakfast for supper. sprinkled sum olive oil on the grill, cubed up some taters (red), i like the red taters best for grilling, seems to have better flavor, you can use the kind you like. i then sliced up a red bell pepper, again you can use what every colored bell pepper you like, they all have a dif flavor to them. then sliced up sum porta bella mushrooms, i use the porta bella for their flavor, seems better than the cinimi type. cook them all up until the taters are soft with the fried look, ad some cooked bacon pieces, then sum garlic. you can use sliced garlic or ground garlic, don't over power it. keep stirring it all together until the taters are done, then make little pockets in the mix, put an egg in each pocket, can break the yolk or leave it whole. lower the heat a bit, cook until the eggs are done, then ad some shredded cheeze of choice on top. (i used cheddar) put on the plate when the cheeze is mostly melted, it will keep melting after taken off the grill. this is a very filling meal so don't over do the portion size. (left overs still taste good too). enjoy! 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:27pm
some good size  ham  chunks would go good ! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:44am
i do put ham chunks in another recipe i do, just not this one. the old lady.....ooooops....i mean the loving wife asked me to make this recipe again for last nights supper, she really likes it. 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 5:26am
Similar to how I make fried taters. I always use whole cloves of garlic from the beginning and slice up some turnip with the taters.
I like to add some good smoked sausage
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:39pm
the old lady....oooops....i mean the loving wife came home with 2 BIG t-bone steaks she found at the local butcher shop, sooooooo....i fired up the grill and that's what we had tonight along with wild rice (the real stuff from MN) mixed in with cream of mushroom soup. was a grand supper tonight! oh...and we did enjoy a glass of wine with it all too!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 9:02pm
tonight i made chili. rained all day, was a great day to spend in the cook shack cobbling up sum supper! the chili i made was chicken chili. started by putting a bunch of chicky in the smoker, smoked it with applewood. while that was in the smoker, i gots me a big pan with a lid. i put in sum white kidney beans (2 cans), sum sliced porta bella mushrooms about a cupped hand full, (1) can of chicken broth, a bottle cap full of garlic and herb spices, don't wanna use to much of this as it's really powerful. let this simmer awhile, bouts an hour. after an hour and a half take the chicky out of the smoker, cut it it all up about 3/4x3/4 inch in size, add to the pot, stir well and put the lid on. let simmer sum more (bouts a 1/2 hour), then ad a whole package of philly cream cheese, stir this up until all melted and mixed in. again...let this all simmer about another 1/2 hour. it'll be ready to serve then. enjoy! oh...when i smoked up the chicky, i smoked up extra and what i didn't use in the pot, i bagged it for future use. it will freeze well.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic