This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

farm for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:06am
Sorry to hear that Dale.......... all you can do is try to look at the positive side.. time to down size and move ahead... ought to be a big burden lifted from you going forward.... you dont need the stress.

Edited by steve(ill) - 25 Feb 2021 at 9:06am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:55am

Oh My Gosh,,,!! I feel for you, Shameless,,,I know how very much you cared for that land that came from your father,,, It's almost a slap in the face to say,,"It's the sign of the times". Hopefully,,YOUR attorney will represent YOUR interests before the stockholder's.
 I will "always" remember a commercial many, many years ago when we still lived on the farm,,,," There will always be more people,,but there will never be more land"
 Just look at it this way,,,now, you can come visit a spell,,,,,Wink
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:14am
     Sorry to hear about your farm. I assume it has been in your family for a long time? Difficult to think about parting with some of one's past. I think it becomes part of our personal culture. Brother and I have a farm that has been in the family for over 150 years and no children or grandchildren that are interested in preserving it; just the money I suppose. On the other hand we shouldn't get too attached to "stuff". Just appreciate the enjoyment we derive from it during our life. Hope for the best in your situation.
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:52am
You should start a go fund me page to buy the others out
I would donate
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:46am
That is so Sad Dale.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 6:29am
Dale, you and your loving wife will be in my thoughts n prayers. I truly am sorry to hear this.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 6:23am
I’m saddened to hear this!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:31pm
Shameless, mom has 220 acres that isn't bad farm land. 20 acres of pasture. We had the choice to put it back into crp at 110.00 per acre for another 10 years down from 156.oo per acre or rent it for 3 years to a young guy for 150.00 per acre. She is 98 and doesn't want it sold as long as she is alive. I don't want to sell it, older sis doesn't want to sell. Don't know about younger brother or sister. Havn't spoke to them for years. Brother has Parkensons so bad he doesn't know where he is. We agonized for a year about this. Several guys wanted to rent it. We're gonna lime it and replace the crick crossing after Oct 1 this year. We took soil samples in a grid pattern so the renter knew what he was looking at. Its amazing with the computers in the spreader trucks just how they can vary the fertilizer rate on the go. Lawyer will draw up the 3 year contract. Taxes are 4000.00 per year on it. It isn't gonna be all fun and games but we are lucky enough to keep it in the family for a few more years. Got a 45 x 35 open front shed on it no other buildings. The 2 miles of Road fence was put in in 1961.   Its shot. The rest is decent. 1 crick gap to maintain.   I didn't get to finish last night, had to chase a darn cat. Mom sold the north 320 acres 10 years ago. Even though never liked that farm, I wish she had not sold it. She does too now.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 25 Feb 2021 at 10:16pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
yep....ours! the stockholders decided they don't wanna mess with it anymore and wanna sell it. this has been tearing me up since i found out about it. i did tell them that we can't afford to have the big green farmers farm it. this years profits went to taxes, and paying them input costs. i didn't recieve 1 cent from it from last years crop! guess i gotta start liquidating my treasures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic