This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frustrating Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frustrating Day
    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 1:38pm
So I have a couple of Safes for documents and such, main one being a 4 hour burn thru Liberty Centurion.  Misplaced the Combination Card where had it open and had only been using the key tumbler lock out to gain access.

Finally get a wild hair, been unable to find the damn card so called Liberty last week, got a recording as to If want to be called back enter blah blah and will be placed in line.  NEVER received a call back so called again today, same recording but can hold so Did.  On Hold 39 minutes and then get some Middle Eastern accent Person, asks if I have original Receipt, DUH that would be in the envelope with the combi card.  If Had that would have the combination.  
So asks if I registered, KNEW I had sent in the card with the safe but cannot locate in their files.  OK Then we register the Safe, now explains that I need to fill out Combination Request Form, $25, Need Notarized and without the Original Receipt need to have Police fill out on their letterhead is My Safe.  Now just how in HADES does he expect a Sheriff to Sign That off??

So I explain I DO have the tumbler Key.  I DO Have the Safe Door OPEN, I can photograph the s/n and my license for validation.  Nope, $25 and police verification with Notarized signature of myself.

Well I called Browning, whose other safe I have, Customer Service accessed the Original Sales Registration and VIOLA I can SHOULD I REQUEST, get my Safe Combination mailed to my address.
Only need a Driver License number to Verify and DONE.  NO CASH Required.

So I dig around for a few hours, in the envelope with all my Titles there was the Combination card and Owners Manual.

Pretty well certain NOT buying another Liberty EVER and NOT recommending based on the Customer Service received.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 3:09pm
It wouldn't surprise me that if you Googled the PITA safe, it'll show you HOW to change the combination. Friend(locksmith) did that for me...to #s I know but 'weird ' to anyone else....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:40pm

Boy, Dave,,I FEEL for you on tryin to decipher what them  Customer Service people with them THICK, THICK accents are trying to tell you.... At least you gots good hearing (I hope) but with my pizz poor hearing,,, I generally wind up asking for a Supervisor that speaks some english. If you ask them if they are here in the US,,most of them tell you they are in Thialand or Timbuctoo or somewhere and don't place a very high priority on solving your issues,,BUT most of the Supervisors will help you.
 AND ,,if that don't get a rise from them I threaten them with a call from ole Shameless,,NOW THAT will make things happen,,,,,LOLLOL
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:24am
My frustrating day. Mom had no hot water after her pipes were froze up for several days. I go down and hear water running thru the water heater. I shut off the valve in the pipe going to the water heater. Outlet line starts to get hot so we know it is working. There is no way to get under the house to look for a broken pipe. I turned on the water to the heater and got hot water out of the kitchen faucet. I apparently shut off the valve to the water heater, went upstairs looking for a working flashlight. While there I looked at the upstairs sink. No water running. So I call the plumber. Gal says he'll be there in the morning. I go home, 1 hour trip. When I get here the plumber calls, he's there looking for a leak. He looked for about an hour. Found she needs a new valve in her stool and he went upstairs and found the leak. She had turned the hot water faucet on in the sink and it was full on. It wasn't running when I was up there.   Shes 98 years old and is sleeping down stairs, cant manage the stairs every night. guys don't get old, stay young and good looking. Guess I outta be the one to pay the plumbers bill.
bobkyllo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:50am
You talk about customer service representative that have though accents. I had paid my credit card bill, next month I get my statement that I'm 30 days late plus current. What the heck. Call the bank yup the check went through. Ok perhaps things just crossed paths. So I pay current plus the late fee. I know i should call but a 5 dollar late fee is much simpler then calling. Next month I get my bill now I'm 60 days 30 days and current. Holy cow!!! Plus now they changed their policy they are going to charge $150 a year to have their service. Back to the bank to find out that they have also cashed my last check.

I called the credit card company and i got a lady who I can't understand at all but I try. My top hasn't blown yet. About ten minutes with the lady and my bill has gone from 1200 now it's up to 2400. Finally I said you know I'm sorry but I am having a hard time with your accent is there someone else. I got another lady even worse. Now mind you I'm into this at least 45 minutes. I said get me someone else. Finally I got an American lady. She tells me that they are going to send me to collections. Collection??? For what lady you've already got my money. I told her to clean up my credit, delete my account, and refund me my late fee. Or I'll turn them into the BBB and have the South Dakota attorney general look into this.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:24am
 I had a terrible situation with a M. bank in South Dakota over a "gift Card" I had received from a business that went thru this bank in SD, They would not give me the info I needed on the gift card,, so I go online and look up the name and address of  the Attorney General of SD,,then called that bank and told em I had contacted the AG of SD and had been instructed to try one more time to receive the info I needed before filing a Notice of Dispute. I got the info I needed!! Amazing how a name dropper can produce results.
 So,,Bobkyllo,,feel free to try my method,,,,,,Wink
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:16am
I got a customer lady one day.  A baby in the background started crying.  The first person you get is someone anywhere in the world.  They have a checklist they got thru with you.  This could go on for hours.  Just ask to speak with someone of a higher authority.  Then you will get real assistance.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 11:40am
We had that trouble before Christmas and it was all mail related and delays
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by bobkyllo bobkyllo wrote:

You talk about customer service representative that have though accents. I had paid my credit card bill, next month I get my statement that I'm 30 days late plus current. What the heck. Call the bank yup the check went through. Ok perhaps things just crossed paths. So I pay current plus the late fee. I know i should call but a 5 dollar late fee is much simpler then calling. Next month I get my bill now I'm 60 days 30 days and current. Holy cow!!! Plus now they changed their policy they are going to charge $150 a year to have their service. Back to the bank to find out that they have also cashed my last check.

I called the credit card company and i got a lady who I can't understand at all but I try. My top hasn't blown yet. About ten minutes with the lady and my bill has gone from 1200 now it's up to 2400. Finally I said you know I'm sorry but I am having a hard time with your accent is there someone else. I got another lady even worse. Now mind you I'm into this at least 45 minutes. I said get me someone else. Finally I got an American lady. She tells me that they are going to send me to collections. Collection??? For what lady you've already got my money. I told her to clean up my credit, delete my account, and refund me my late fee. Or I'll turn them into the BBB and have the South Dakota attorney general look into this. You can skip the BBB part, that is a scam!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic