This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:37pm
i found the bearing.

any tips on getting the old race out. i dont have any special tools and dont want to have to take the pedestal off
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:05pm
Torch.  And yes, it's quite easy to burn out a race without a trace of damage to anything else.  
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:39pm
ok how do i burn out the race. you mean a normal camping torch right
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 3:29pm
No I mean an oxy-acetylene torch. Guessing you don’t have one…..Well, you’re pretty much left with hours of fun picking, chiseling, prying, beating and swearing. Unless you are very lucky.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 5:35pm
I have a propane oxygen torch but I think i will use the slide hammer I was given
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 7:59pm
If you heat one side of the bearing cup RED hot and then go directly opposite and do the same thing, when it cools off it almost will fall out by itself. WITH A REAL TORCH !!!
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:52pm
The best I have is the oxygen and propane torch
It uses propane instead of acetylene

Edited by hunter321 - 30 Aug 2022 at 9:53pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:29pm
It still uses oxygen.. thats what gets it HOT and can turn metal red..

Prop/ Oxy will work fine..... just concentrate the flame on the race.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:35am
Well, you at first said you don't have "any special tools".  Guess that requires some parameters! LOL  Torch?  Slide hammer??  

Anyway, I don't have a great visualization of what/ where you're working, but not very often can you get at things like that to "attach" a slide hammer.  Good luck, you might be able to.  I don't know.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:09am
Ok the pedestal is still on the tractor and is holding up part of the loader so I can't remove it. I have tried what you said to try but nothing is working I don't know what to do.
Sorry if all the questions are frustrating you
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:29am
Not frustrated, not me anyway.  Of all the suggestions, what exactly did you try?  Will the torch you have cut steel or no?  If you have never tried it, go cut some piece of scrap or a bolt or something so that you see what it takes, see how much fuel / how much oxygen is needed by adjusting the valves.  As I said, I don't have a great visual of where you're trying to get to, but it's hard for me to picture a race you can't get to with a flame.  You should be able to cut it in two, and get it out, or at least cut a notch out of it so you can chisel it, grab it , whatever.  But while you're cutting, might as well cut it in two and get it out of there.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:39am
That should work to CUT the race... I think what he has is the rollers and inner race out... and is left with the outer race still in the bore... but the SHAFT is still in the tube.???? . He has minimal clearance between the outer race and the shaft down the center.... It can be done with the shaft in the bore... but very careful........ Normally you remove the shaft.

Edited by steve(ill) - 01 Sep 2022 at 8:42am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

That should work to CUT the race... I think what he has is the rollers and inner race out... and is left with the outer race still in the bore... but the SHAFT is still in the tube.???? . He has minimal clearance between the outer race and the shaft down the center.... It can be done with the shaft in the bore... but very careful........ Normally you remove the shaft.
Well. . . .maybe. . . .I don't know.  If you can't get a flame in there, how in the heck would he have thought he could get a slide hammer in there?Confused  Maybe some dynamite would be in order?Wink
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:16am
Is there anything I can make to get the race out
Gatz in NE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:44am
hunter is having a tough time with this.  Is the race damaged?
If it's not, it may be OK as is.  This is not a high-speed application.
It would help if you could post pix of what you're up against.
I'm thinking the shaft will have to come out to gain access to that outer race, regardless of the method of removal if needed.
Once the shaft is out, there should be areas below the race in the main casting that are recessed and would allow a long punch or drift to knock it out.  Alternate from side to side as you drive it out.

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:45am
Pull the steering gear and shaft up thru the top. Then reach down inside with a shaft long enough to get behind the cups inner edge and drive it downward.

Edited by DrAllis - 01 Sep 2022 at 11:45am
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 12:05pm
What needs to be done to pull those things
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 12:23pm
You've apparently got the wheel spindles off the bottom, right ??   Remove the square cover ahead of the radiator and grab ahold of the greasy/slimy steering gear and shaft and lift it up and out of the front support. Probably has to be in the center of the steering range for the gear to clear.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:20pm
do i need to remove the crank start shaft as well
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:22pm
YES.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:25pm
is there a special way to remove it
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 7:50pm
Remove the cotter pin on the spring. Remove the bolt that holds the reinforcing bracket. Pull the cranking shaft as far forward as possible collapsing the spring. Clamp a vise grips on the front side to hold it there. Drive out the pin OR grind the pin off flush and pull the shaft thru and install a new pin when reassembling.

Edited by DrAllis - 01 Sep 2022 at 8:41pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:29pm
hunter... you really should consider making a NEW POST everytime you stare a NEW JOB... you have  11 pages starting with dont run / bad wires / carburetor problem..

If your really looking at a HISTORY of EVERYTHING you are doing on the tractor and trying to keep it in ONE LOG... i guess thats OK... but most guys would like to see things separated by  problems.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 12:14pm
I got the race out and it had the numbers 11480w
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 3:55pm
What oil do I put in the final drives and how
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 4:08pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 4:13pm
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:09pm
are the front rims reversable
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:30pm
I have no idea what you have for front wheels. OEM front wheels can be reversed BUT, on a narrow front end it will steer very hard and kick back more than leaving them narrow.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:40pm
Are they supposed to be at a angle? If so they where not. They are wider than the narrow front on my moms oliver 77
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic