This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to do after your wife passes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do after your wife passes
    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 9:15pm

Dang, Gordy,,,She's leaving beautiful Magdalena to go to the freezer country,,,BRRrrrrrr. Magdalena people are some of the most Friendly people I've ever met. We went thru there on the way to some Elk Hunting country farther west from Magdalena and we were pulled over as a Fuel filter had stopped up on the boy's trk and an older fellow stopped and offered help to get us going. He offered us a used filter that he had "saved" from his trk as he said it was still good,,,, We put it in and the trk started right up!!!!  I felt good about the older fellow as there were several other people that drove by Honked at the old timer,,and him smiling alla the time,, Friendly people for sure,,,,,ClapClap
Sponsored Links

Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 5:10pm

Joe I don't think you would like it here very much now cause the temp is 11 degrees   supposed to be like the next couple weeks and it gets cold at night, I thought I may make it to the land of enchantment one of these days cause my daughter lives in Magdalena but she just retired and says she is selling out and coming back to Michigan.
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 10:06am

Well, Gordy,,you gots a lot of "WOWs" coming for your excellent taste in older cars,,,,,,ClapClap
 That T-Bird had to of been made and bought bought for a beautiful Lady,,,,!!!!!
 And that Baby Blue is outstanding,,,I believe it is the very first one I've ever seen in that color,,,,ClapClap
  Of course,,the El Camino ain't no slouch either. You're a lucky man, Gordy.  UMMmmmmm,,,do you know where I live,,,,,,???WinkWink
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Now that is PRETTY!!  My cousin had one exactly like it.  We got 5 or 6 of us in the trunk and 7 inside for the $1 night at the drive-in.  You could get in with a car full for only a buck on certain nights.  Brings back memories!!

Want to sell the 64 El Camino?  I always wanted one!  Got the 283 or the 327 in it.  I think in later years (66-67) it came with a 396.  A friend had one that had a 348 in it but I don't know what year that was.

Ted at some point I may sell not sure what I am doing yet I have only had it a couple years had a motor home we had not used in two or three years since my wife got dementia so traded that for the El Camino it has a 327 slightly modified. 

Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 9:40am

The 57 doesn't have a paxton has a 312 holly four barrel auto. That continental on the 52 was an accessory sold by ford dealers in 52 and 53 don't see many of them.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

All you guys could make it to a lot of the yearly shows if you'd want to.  Makes for a peaceful 4 or 5 days to sit and visit with the family on here.  After all, your life isn't over, just taking a train siding or a different fork in the road.  Life is precious and so are all the family and friends on here.  Seek them out and have a ball.  WTH, we don't have all the time in the world.
Me, I'd buy a smaller camper and just take off.  Sell the house to the kids, give the farm to the son (he's the only one that wants it) and travel.  So I'll be visiting as many of you as I can fit in in a lifetime.  You can run, but you can't hide.

Ted if it comes to that, don’t forget to swing through Michigan.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 11:38pm
Now that is PRETTY!!  My cousin had one exactly like it.  We got 5 or 6 of us in the trunk and 7 inside for the $1 night at the drive-in.  You could get in with a car full for only a buck on certain nights.  Brings back memories!!

Want to sell the 64 El Camino?  I always wanted one!  Got the 283 or the 327 in it.  I think in later years (66-67) it came with a 396.  A friend had one that had a 348 in it but I don't know what year that was.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 11:02pm

WOW,,Gordy,,,I love that 53 and with a continental kit even,,,!!  I don't believe I've ever seen one Built in to the turtle like yours,,,,!!!!ClapClap
  BEAUTIFUL,,,,,,for sure,,,,,!!!Clap
 UMMmmmm,,,,does the 57 have,,,,a,,,,a,,,Paxton,,,???ClapClap
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:55pm
I've set around and gained 4 lbs this winter.   Can't do a lot of physical work cause of my darn back. Now I gots a mission. Gotta build another 50 bee hives. If it would quit this darn snowing and warm up some. The dang cold air effects my darn back. When it gets cold I gotta stop and go get warmed up. My left hand only has 1/2 the blood flowing to it, it gets cold a lot faster than my right hand. Now that I got my router table and plainer set up I might try building the frames too. I did a few a year ago but they were real crude. Oh well, old gal sez we are headed for Menard's this week. Looks like a couple dozen 8' 1X12" coming home with me. I did cut up some 16' 1x12's last week, but their just too dang awkward to handle by my self.   Danged old gals, seems like I don't get enough snoozing done.   
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:44pm
I remember very well what a flat head V8 and dual glass packs sound like. Very nice.
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 9:22pm
Sorry to hear this Gordy, It really is hard after all that time.  It's kind of like half of you just went someplace else.  All of a sudden, the things you took for granted are something you wish for.
Keep busy and look for that silver lining in everything you do.
WHAT old cars do you have??!!  Got any pictures??!!

Sorry didn't reply Ted haven't checking much lately. I have a 57 T Bird a 52 Ford Victoria and a 64 El Camino.   This is picture of the 52. 

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 9:03pm
All you guys could make it to a lot of the yearly shows if you'd want to.  Makes for a peaceful 4 or 5 days to sit and visit with the family on here.  After all, your life isn't over, just taking a train siding or a different fork in the road.  Life is precious and so are all the family and friends on here.  Seek them out and have a ball.  WTH, we don't have all the time in the world.
Me, I'd buy a smaller camper and just take off.  Sell the house to the kids, give the farm to the son (he's the only one that wants it) and travel.  So I'll be visiting as many of you as I can fit in in a lifetime.  You can run, but you can't hide.
"Allis-Express"
cottngton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottngton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 3:44am
I'm very sorry for you. Well done for trying to keep yourself busy to forget about the tragedy. Traveling is one of the best ways out of this situation. I think you need to meet someone. Maybe during the cruise you will be able to have someone to meet you. You can't be alone all your life. When my friend broke up with a girl, he couldn't meet anyone for two years. Then he read how to get interested in Dating Successful Women and a couple of months later he had a new girlfriend. They are to be married soon.

Edited by cottngton - 09 Feb 2021 at 12:03pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:09am

Well,,,GOSH DANG,,Ted,,,,!!  You done caught me,,Ya did,,!  I like to throw out them ten dollar synonym words to,,,to see if anybody is payin 'ttention,,,,LOLLOL
 Actually,,I was referrin to what ole New Joisy Steve was sayin bout the beautiful fall colors of all the fauna and flora,,,,,,WinkWink,,,,LOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

I always been a horticulterist kind of guy,,,,
Joe, among your other talents, you are also a pimp??!!  I spose, extra money....

"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Happened to me Sept.12 after 64 good years I have old cars old tractors and a couple horses and the farm to keep me busy but it is hard to find the interest I once had, everyone  says give it a year before making any big changes guess that is what I will do,   This state being shut down by the dem governor makes it even more difficult and hard to get out to do everything.
Sorry to hear this Gordy, It really is hard after all that time.  It's kind of like half of you just went someplace else.  All of a sudden, the things you took for granted are something you wish for.
Keep busy and look for that silver lining in everything you do.
WHAT old cars do you have??!!  Got any pictures??!!
"Allis-Express"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:15pm
when i cooks, i gotta cook something for the old lady.....ooooops....i mean the loving wife, then cook something i like! she's a junk food junkie and i ain't! there are a few things i can cook that satisfies us both at the same time. the food Doc says: 1 slice of bread a day (sure makes a messy PB@J samwich), no taters, limited fresh fruit, lots of veggies, and meat is a free-bee. i didn't ask her bouts bacon cuz i was afraid she'd make me cut that out too...but....bacon is meat right? i eats lots of turkey-she hates it, i eat lots of veggies-she hates them,  i eats lots of fruits-she won't, i eats different kinds of meats-she's picky, i drinks lots of water-she won't, i late night snack with grapes/olives/oranges/fried eggs-she grabs snack cakes. i drink hot water in the mornings-she drinks rot gut coffee (black tar), bouts the only thing we can both agree on is that i cook everything on the grill, no grease/fat/oil that way. Tom describes his old lady....ooooops....i mean his loving wife, and i'm about the same way myself. if i stand or walk very far my back will go out. i do have a blue card for the vehicle and that helps bunches! i don't always use it, but it is handy in large parking lots. she likes walking with the dogs while camping and here at home in the fields. and she still hangs all the laundry outside to dry. Ted...as for the "coffin nails" , one still finds it's way to me once in a while. always if i have to talk to a stockholder. she still puffs and makes up for both us...i won't let her smoke in the house or her new burb, thought that would help curb it some...it does when there's lots of "pretty" coming down!    
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:44pm
I feel for you Tom, mine's in the same kind of shape and doesn't care either.  Won't take her meds, doesn't eat hardly at all and just has that "who cares" attitude.  The kids really pizz her off cause they never come around anymore or bring the grandkids and we've only seen the great grand kids at Christmas time.  You just CAN'T make them do what ever, #1 cause they don't want to and #2 cause you want them to.  I'm glad I keep busy.
I too do all the cooking and cleaning and sometimes I wonder why?  Instead of looking forward to tomorrow, she's just like her mom,,,just wants to let it go because they don't care.  Crazy.....
Coke, I haven't been on a bike since I left for Nam.  I had a 305 Scrambler and sure liked to ride around the country side with my buddy.  He had a 750 Guzzi.  I don't know if my back would allow me to do any traveling again.
Shamers ole buddy, you might surprise yourself if you keep on eatin healthy and how long has it been now since you quit them dang coffin nails?  Keep eatin less and better and who knows!!??
"Allis-Express"
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
Here's what I'll do. Check the status on a few old girlfriends and some others I never got around to. Nothing full time seeing how I get bored easy.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:47pm

Chit,,Steve,,,you is one industrious person,,,you are!!  Maybe,,,maybe I ought to bring Ole Red along just for funsies,,,,ya'll got lots of gasoline over there,,?? That 406 is one thirsty sob I'll tell you for sure,,,,LOL
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:40pm
Joe,
If I git' that Vicky done we'll go out for a nice ride in the country. If the Vicky ain't done, Jo Jo will take ya out for a spin in her T-Bird. I'll probably have the Nova Wagon done, so we'll take that out to one of the farms and git' some fresh veggies. Might even have the 26' T coupe done by then to!  We'll galavant around man!  Thumbs Up
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:19am
Mine would not take her cancer treatments.  Been over 20 years now.  Of course I was still working, so that gave me plenty to do.  A few years later I meet another wonderful woman, we have stayed busy.  It will all work out Tom.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:54am

Well,,Steve,, I'll surely take you and Jo Jo up on that offer,,I've always wanted to do just that 'cept the wife never was too keen on that sort of stuff,,,,,, I always been a horticulterist kind of guy,,,,WinkWink "sides,,I wanna get a closer look at the "Vicky",,,,LOLClap

Well,,Good Buddy,,,you best be takin care of yourself and don't be eatin so much of that great cookin you be doing,,,else,,,,,,,Wink

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 7:42pm
Shameless, if I fall over tomorrow, she'll Be in trouble. She can't walk more than 100 feet without huffing and puffing. I gotta take the mud tires off the old golf cart and put them on the good one for her. I do most of the house cleaning because she can't bend over and use a dust pan. She won't ask the Dr for a handicap parking permit, he won't give it to me without her applying for it. She can and does ride to her office in the Honey production shed and works in the kitchen out there, she is sitting on a chair or on a bar stool all day long. I'm surprised, she is sending applications for flea markets all over the country, Hutch is included. Probably gonna cut out most of the farmers markets, she can't do them in the heat. I did most of them last year, only had bad weather for the last 1. Not interested in another female in my life. Ones Enough.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 7:38pm
i'll prolly go first....it's cuz i married a young'in!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 7:06pm
Joe! If'n ya come up the Ees Coast wit yourself, don't forgit' ta' stop in New Joisey and see us b'for ya heads up norf'!! Gotsta' come round' the Fall time an' see all the purty trees! The wife al' cook ya a nice I-tailan meal that'll knock yer' socks off! Coarse, that's if'n yer' wearin' socks.......
Steve@B&B

Edited by Steve in NJ - 12 Jan 2021 at 7:08pm
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

You know why the husband usually goes first?

They WANT to.

Chit,,,and here I always thought it was cause the mens was the ones that worked their heinne's off all them years whilst the little lady  stayed home and raised the kids and,,,,and,,,went to them beauty Shops,,,and,,,chit,,I'm outa here,,,,,WinkWink
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:36pm
You know why the husband usually goes first?

They WANT to.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:07pm
Desert Joe... ... there are 8 of us and that is what we did... Dad was first to go so we all got together at the house and said, you want anything take it... of course mom was there to help, if more than one wanted someting we were nice together and decided which one 'really' wanted it.    Then we it came time to sell the farm everyone was in on selling it to one of my cousins who was farming and 'luckly' none of us wanted to farm.   for us, it worked.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:13am
Tom....does she know what yer writing here? or planning? what if you goes first?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic