This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keen Work Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Sooo…..they didn't make you so mad 28 years ago they'll never be on your feet again?

I got feet like a Blue Jay.  my heel slides around in a regular D width, Redwing makes a narrower boot that actually fits.  I drive past company owned Redwing stores because of the service these people give.  Sadly, the store is huge and the wife usually finds something overpriced to bring home but what am I going to say with a $100+ pair of shoes under my arm.
Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:53am
 Boss told me I had to get the heat on, no way to get parts from anywhere. Shaft was 1”, I had a short piece of 1”PVC, i cut a piece to fit the bearing housing, I added a bunch of grease, cut a few more pieces , split them to build up the mass but didn’t have enough to fill the housing. Cut the end off a wooden handle broom, made wedges and got it running through Christmas. And that’s why they paid me the big bucks.

YEP... what ever it takes... Dont know how many times i have been told " I dont think that will work"..!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:47pm
  For work I buy Thorogood boots they make some over sea's which I don't buy, but they do many here in WI. I'm not very hard on shoe's/boots and they last me years. 
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 3:20pm
Since I retired I wear Justin pull on boots. They have a line made in the USA, style number is 4 digits, and a line made in China, style number is WH (I think) followed by 4 digits. The chinese line is crap. When leather bunker (fire) boots first came out I bought a pair of Pro Warrington leather bunker boots and a pair of station boots. These were the best I have worn. The station boots also doubled as flight boots when I was crewing Hueys and Black Hawks in the Guard. Still got the station boots.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Not only do I wear Red Wings but I drive 70+ miles to get them at Kleinschmidt’s in Higginsville, MO. If you don’t know what particular shoe you want you you have to tell them your size and they will take you to that section, they have over 30,000 pairs of boots and over 200 brands, you’ll never find them on your own. Afterwards they keep a record of your brand, size and model number, (used to be in a recipe box, now on computer). Now I call them, tell them who I am and that I need a pair of boots, they check inventory and either set them back or call me when they’re in.

IMO, you drove 75 miles too far LOLLOL !! I'm going to see if MASON boots/shoes are still available, a MUCH better bang for the $$ back then WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:51pm
MASON stopped making boot in the USA 15 years ago... Now they buy their JUNK from China.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:06pm
You buy your CHINK junk... i will stick with quality..

About Red Wing Shoe Company
Red Wing Shoe Company Inc. is a global leader in the design, production and distribution of work, safety and lifestyle footwear and work apparel. Established in 1905 in Red Wing, Minnesota, today the privately held company's family of brands includes Red Wing®, the premium choice for purpose-built work footwear, workwear and accessories including a collection of Heritage styles created for any occasion; Irish Setter®, the footwear brand of choice for hunters and workers who want uncompromising quality and technological innovation; Vasque®, a pioneer of performance hiking footwear; WORX, a trusted brand for the industrial safety footwear market; and S.B. Foot Tanning Company, one of the largest U.S. producers of fine tanned leather for footwear and leather goods. Its brands are distributed to more than 110 countries in an immersive multichannel
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

You buy your CHINK junk... i will stick with quality..

About Red Wing Shoe Company
Red Wing Shoe Company Inc. is a global leader in the design, production and distribution of work, safety and lifestyle footwear and work apparel. Established in 1905 in Red Wing, Minnesota, today the privately held company's family of brands includes Red Wing®, the premium choice for purpose-built work footwear, workwear and accessories including a collection of Heritage styles created for any occasion; Irish Setter®, the footwear brand of choice for hunters and workers who want uncompromising quality and technological innovation; Vasque®, a pioneer of performance hiking footwear; WORX, a trusted brand for the industrial safety footwear market; and S.B. Foot Tanning Company, one of the largest U.S. producers of fine tanned leather for footwear and leather goods. Its brands are distributed to more than 110 countries in an immersive multichannel

I'll bet they get their shoe strings from the SAME place as KEEN ClapClap !! 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:32pm
I doubt it...
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Red Bank Red Bank wrote:

THANK YOU RED !!! This is from my Keen boots. If I am not mistaken aren’t there some foreign made Red Wings available at Rural King?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
YET AGAIN, there are "some" on here that CAN NOT read regardless of their "post points" TongueTongueWinkWink. MY original topic was about LACES !!! Not the actual FOOT COVERING !!!!! One of you is too busy trying NOT to have a roof fall on him when the "consensus" was to get a dumpster and a FEL Embarrassed
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 6:02pm
POOR IGNORANT PISSER..  You dont run the show and your not in charge of POSTS... So you talk about LACES... Everyone else is talking about BOOTS... SO WHAT !  Get your panties out of a WAD !
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:06pm
My original post pertained to the "strings" !! Every body else-including you -brought up the carcass of a shoe WinkWinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
Every body else-including you -brought up the carcass of a shoe

EXACTLY... the post expanded to cover ALL WORK SHOES... SO WHAT ?  You dont OWN the post !

another sat**day night... one too many beers ?? LOL

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Dec 2020 at 7:52pm
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

I've been wearing Red Wings for about 50 years. Don't plan on changing.

28 years ago when I was "scraping by" as a newlywed with rent to pay, I went "ALL OUT" on a pair of RW's, needless to say, I've NEVER had another pair of RW's on my feet again Angry !!
You didn’t have a problem with getting off topic about a pair of red wings
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 6:45am
Conversations evolve and flow. Really not much of a stretch to go from laces to boots. And besides, look at the topic, it says Keen work shoes, no mention of laces. And you yourself said show me any footwear made in the USA, which you were shown several. And besides all that, BIG FLIPPING HAIRY DEAL, people can post whatever they want whenever they want even if doesn’t meet YOUR standards of “YOUR” topic. That’s just too bad!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:11am
This is a prime example of society's problem.  One side is not interested in the open exchange of ideas and opinions, once facts and public opinion starts favoring the opposite side then they attempt to put a stop to all discussion rather than accept opposing views.
I just replaced the laces on my Red Wings, only complaint is the originals are longer than necessary and I always replace with shorter ones.
Maximum use of available resources!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:22am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:55am
Well at least you guys are only talking about LACES now! 😅 phew, back on topic!!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:42am
Working at the Utility they had a requirement of a Defined Heel on work footwear, so would not slip thru a ladder when stepped onto a rung.  Wedge Sole shoes were not allowed.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:47am
Originally posted by kenziereb kenziereb wrote:

Work shoes are my greatest weakness. I have to change my shoes all the time because I spend a lot of time on my feet and they wear out quickly. I don't pay attention to cheap models anymore because I need comfortable boots; otherwise, I can't work properly. Thanks for your feedback on Keen Work, I haven't tried this brand of shoes, but I'm thinking of trying them next time in the store. I've been wearing wedge sole work boots now for 6 months already, my feet have started to get less tired. My brother wears these boots every day and gave me a pair as well.

Spam Reported...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 7:39am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Working at the Utility they had a requirement of a Defined Heel on work footwear, so would not slip thru a ladder when stepped onto a rung.  Wedge Sole shoes were not allowed.
You sure told him.  No Spam for you!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:43am
I have big feet 11EEE. I have worn all brands of workshoe. Red Wing,Danner,Belleville, Thorogood,Carolina,Bates,Wolverine. The last pair of Red Wings I wore hurt my feet and were made in China.Currently wearing Thorogood and my feet don't hurt!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 12:46am
i wear camo slippers
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 2:48pm
I used to wear Red Wings... sole wear was substantial, making repeated tracks from one end of my worksite to the other, and company would not pay to 'repair' shoes, I was only allowed to 'replace' them, and once-a-year, with a $180 limit.  I could not do that with my RW boots.

The RW staff found that the Irish Setter oxford met my jobsite requirements, and I could buy ALMOST two pairs (I had to cough up $15 to cover the diff) which would get me a year's service...

however, the Irish Setter line of Red Wings, are made in China.  I was actually IN Red Wing, at their facility, discussing this wihile they were in process of shutting down a significant chunk of the namesake-city's production facility for transport to China.

I could purchase FOUR sets of KEENs, with safety-shank soles, defined heels, and wear-protected toes, for the same price as TWO pair of IS shoes, and much less than ONE pair of RWs.

I'm currently wearing some really comfortable and durable Keen athletic shoes, my truck has both high and low-ankle OSHA boots.  They'll wear fast (having half a left foot naturally does this) but they'll be replaceable where nothing of 'higher pride' will.

Laces on these things are elastic... they slip on and off, hold tight, protect the arch, toes, heels, etc very well for being largely open.

If RW offered something that'd work within the means I'm provided, I'd certainly buy them, but my circumstances don't allow that option, so I don't.

Edited by DaveKamp - 25 Jul 2021 at 2:50pm
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:11pm
Got a nice fitting pair of RW shoes out of the box. Went through several pair same model and now discontinued. Wife shopped the nation and bought me 6 more pair. Think there are 4 left in the closet. Told her to go buy the store and buy me some new laces for the last pair. They wouldn't sell them but instead gave them to her. Who does that? They work for me.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Got a nice fitting pair of RW shoes out of the box. Went through several pair same model and now discontinued. Wife shopped the nation and bought me 6 more pair. Think there are 4 left in the closet. Told her to go buy the store and buy me some new laces for the last pair. They wouldn't sell them but instead gave them to her. Who does that? They work for me.
Steve, will you say what color your 6 pairs are  Big smile ?? 
My daughter has officially told me what  "shoe" color is off limits for me to wear while in her presence Cry. Thanks
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 9:52am
I wear what fits! The only work boots I know made exclusively in the USA are Danners,some Red Wings and Thorogood. As a salesman told me when I was looking at a Terex Backhoe and asked what make of engine ,he responded Perkins.I said Perkins is owned by Caterpillar! He said yes,it's a prostitutes market!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic