This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KW Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:30am
Now are scaring me Lars, have seen what is getting privilege to operate tankers and hazmat loads, most speak fluent Something other than English and poop in the open.  I had to get FBI Back ground checked for my license, how do these people even get that far!!!
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:04am
You are correct, HAZ & Tanker is where the money is,, but,,in April this year I retired and sold my truck, only reason I'm hanging onto my CDL is for a backup plan
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Oh, come on guys, haz mat and tanker is where the money is at!!

For the government agencies and the like but no one else.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 3:13pm
Special exam each renewal and Charged for, Special Background Check and Charged For, special considerations to every move made, and Charged For!!!

Did have a Good laugh the other day as to a CDL, friend is a trooper in MSHP, Latino tried the old game on this State Trooper issuing a ticket in a accident, Trooper was reading the ticket to the Truck Driver and asked if he understood, got a "No Habla Englis" back, still had his license and asked if he could speak English, Got the No Habla back so KEPT the license, had another Trooper take him to jail for Fraudulently received License.  Prereq, MUST Understand and Speak the English Language.  Company had to come get their truck, Latino MIRACULOUSLY Learned English once arrived at the county lockup where he was FINED Again for lying to a State Trooper!!  STILL Lost his License. 

OH OH OH, And From Chitcago TOO!!!!!!

Edited by DMiller - 29 Oct 2020 at 3:23pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 6:41am
If any of you have a pickup registered for RV tags beware.  IF happen to get caught utilizing the truck as a truck and not camping the net result is a fine and potentially lose of that license.  Very dear friends of ours bought a fifth wheel and a Dodge 3500 to tow it, license price was the major draw(RV $38) as to cover the 19500 lbs. total weight would have required 24BL Mo license plate at $96 per year.  He did not have to get a CDL but was warned that would be the next step as weights rating on truck may require per the DMV Rep.    He took his one ton truck to a nearby lumber yard and bought a sixteen foot trailer load of materials for a shed he is constructing.  An officer stopped him as spotted the RV plates at a Stop light, ticket is $85, has to warrant the vehicle to the DoR upon next renewal as Strictly RV as cannot use so much as a Shuttle vehicle to/from the store as when in their home town, is their ONLY vehicle.  RV plates are for Recreational Tow Use ONLY unless used while in camping considerations.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:51am
Cheapskate...$96 is a bargain....come to Illinois and see what they cost!!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:28am
More pics needed!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Cheapskate...$96 is a bargain....come to Illinois and see what they cost!!

No doubt! And come to MI to see what Insurance would cost!!! Insurance reform this year didn't help much!!!!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 1:49pm
Shop bay is pretty well ready.  Everything on Left side looking in is predominantly on wheels so mobile and moveable when truck gets here.  Scrap lumber bench on right is for arranging pieces once I get to that point.  Is just temporary.

farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:42am
So when is the KW coming to its new home?
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 12:27pm
According to current owner, a week from coming 'Saterday'!!  Was arranging a decent trailer and loaner tractor to pull it here and the trade goods back.

A little more progress this morning after voted, picked up a damaged Right side Tool Box will have to replace bottom and back stretch it 6" in length(Aluminum Sheet).  Two triangle plates at bottom are lower Step supports.

Edited by DMiller - 03 Nov 2020 at 12:37pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 11:15am
Sad to say, this project just came to a screeching Halt.  Biden gets the Win and it is history as unsustainable in that expense environ.  Most likely our little farm goes with it.  Been nice while had it but not getting beaten up in taxation games to pay for the Free Stuff.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm
I would not worry about it too much Dave.. If Biden gets in, the Kammy/ AOC policies are not going anywhere... McConnell still RUNS the SENATE..  That is a definite NO VOTE.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 10:41pm
Have faith, if there’s one thing we’ve learned these nearly four years;
every time it’s thought DJT is down and out, he out foxes his rivals and they wind up with egg on their faces.
This may be Pres Trumps greatest sting operation yet.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 3:52am
Have spoken to the trade guy, we are still on for delivery in week and a half.  It may be placed in the shop and leave it sit until this fiasco works out or the events developing set to running.  Should Kamelhumper get to POTUS I will not spend any funds on it and it can sit as the promise of destroying tax deductions or subsidy for farms is on her lips as to "Controlling Food Expenses" for the poor.  Seems the Retards cannot figure out the MIDDLE MAN is still a problem of foods and materials expenses.  She and her Demotard cohorts decide to destroy the last remaining small farms we are all in the crapper.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 8:11am

Hey Dave,,,no doubt,,there are a great many of us all over the country that just cannot seem to accept the way the sitiation appears to be. I'm gonna hang with President Trump cause I know he is gonna fight this until there ain't no more can be done,,,,, and he's got an awful lot of money for attorneys.
 I'm gonna keep my hopes up for AG Barr until that either produces or fizzles out,,,,,,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:53am
Unless the DoJ can find and defend the finding of Fraud in the voting seems this is a moot point.  The FBI and DoJ personnel do NOT like DT so doubt there is much help there these days either.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 8:21am
I am still getting the truck, will depend on how much other work I have to do prior to starting on it to avoid being taxed to death by the Political factor will determine when it actually gets started on.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
Keep praying for the President cause there is still a chance and enough votes to be counted to win.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 11:40am
Did See the SCOTUS has had enough, told the Ballots that came in after 11/3 HAVE to be sequestered, that could spell end for Biteme in SEVERAL states.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:50am
Were told to but don't sound like they did from beginning....so what is anyone going to do about that? One heck of dirty politics Job and likely to get away with it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:37pm
   How many people went in to vote and was told they had already voted absent tee? Seem that is being said in different states that it happened in.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 4:46pm
Received the battery box I ordered, box itself and step is fine, the bolts on the angles to hold the lid in place were as expected, aftermarket off dimension but easily fixable.  Shop I got it from is also a Truck wrecking yard, at Strafford MO.  And just happened, the metals shop I use near Washington Mo has the formed panels for the Tool Box rebuild ready, will pick them up tomorrow.  Ordered a 'Huck' fastener tool, should be here next week to assemble the tool box.

Edited by DMiller - 24 Nov 2020 at 4:51pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 2:51pm
Typical Foreign made aftermarket, even as cannot get a New box from KW and usable Wreck takeoffs only last hours as the machines hit the yards.  Tradeoff as to Quality has its own repercussions.  

Started off cleaning away the Extra Sprue along the Die Formed end caps and getting ready to reposition the Lid retention bolt brackets.  The Box manufacturer made their own and are pretty well worthless as to being EVEN Close enough to Use a Factory Lid.

And the Cutaway chunks

Then I stopped and worked on the Tool Box as Tins came in for it.  Cut away the bent up parts and fitted the side panels to a New Floor, awaiting Huck Fasteners should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, Huck Gun came yesterday.

Currently sitting with 1/4" bolts holding together as alignment pins.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:08pm
Boys texted me today, shooting for Friday delivery/pickup SHOULD weather hold.  Lose two Gas GMs and gain the KW.  Been ready for a month already!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:28pm
Much of the premium scrap load at the shop, are five buckets of Tins and misc steel here, still have about three hundred pounds worth at barn to pickup in morning.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 3:09pm
Further progress. Tool Box is assembled with Huck Fasteners and reinforced to combat a age old problem this length of box had, flex cracks where is braced floor to backwall.

Box is true and square, the Trial fit of the lid all fastener holes lined up.

Today was off to Battery Box Remodel.  The box itself was less than $500, where new End Caps for a basic box are $300 EACH and then still have to purchase or build the Battery Tray Floor.  So I am opting to Remodel a poorly constrained product.  Began by Squaring the Left Side to the Floor, The builder ALMOST missed Both panels with his drill.

Next up Determined location for OEM Style Cover Stud Brackets as bolting holes too far inboard of edge for cover, found less than a full hole off so Pilot Drilled for New location, Welded the OE Holes Closed, as cools and gain more time will dress the welded ares down and complete drilling the New locations.  Install the Stud Brackets and test fit the Cover then disassemble, configure for battery hold downs then sand and paint of BOTH boxes.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:39pm
Dressed off welds this morning, installed lid retainer studs and test fit the cover, Magically all the studs lined up!!

Next in process, sanding and readying to repaint this box, cleaning and readying for paint the Tool Box.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:22pm
Now all you need is the truck to install them on.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 3:15pm
Yes sir, that is true!!  Spoke with the current owner, he is going to Press to get that up here weekend of the 9th.  The truck he has attempted to borrow seems unfortunately unavailable as is that owner(Owes Jeff a favor), so Jeff has asked his boss to allow use of a Company rig he runs daily as a machinery haul truck, to bring it up and the two GMs down.  So far his boss has not said No.

Will see, between the virus, weather, machine faults and illnesses/distractions has been impossible to get into a schedule.

Edited by DMiller - 04 Dec 2020 at 3:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic