This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7g recovered after 10 years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tjsauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7g recovered after 10 years
    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:30pm
Got a 7g out of the woods after sitting there for 10 years or more the man that owned it was clearing 0ut some land but there was no belly pan on it ripped out some hoses then let it sit at the time it was sitting on the ground but years later was washed out under neath finally got it home the injector pump plunger is broken I've been looking at this site and no there are little or no pumps out there I seen someone talk about a pump head that had serial number # 5900ar that is what mine has new to this site will show some pictures

Edited by Tjsauto - 29 Sep 2020 at 7:14pm
Sponsored Links

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:09am
I've got a .pdf listing of heads.  This shows 5900 as a replacement for at least one earlier one (I haven't looked hard) but not having any successors.

The "R" means the head has been rebuilt
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:23am
AMBAC pumps are no longer parts available by Am Bosch, the availability of repair parts has gotten so limited few will even look at them around here.  About the only way to procure the internals is find another pump on a engine or on a shelf that has not been rolled to break the plunger and disassemble that pump, CAREFULLY.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 4:46am
Been a while since I went through this on an AC Forty Five.

Likely there is a stud that goes into the head on the rear (towards the back of the machine).  It is an oil feed and you have to take it out to remove the head - including the square rubber ring on its tip - which will hold the head if you don't.  And you take it out carefully as it is one of the "unobtanium".  I've seen a suggestion that an o-ring can be used but no details - IIRC it would have to be a fat one.
Tjsauto View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tjsauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 7:34pm
I'm still trying to figure out this camera to post some pictures
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:31am
I check today if am still have a pump plunger because have 2 injections pumps dismantled for parts
Tjsauto View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tjsauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:11pm
Thanks let me know it broke the spring and drive plate also I read some where the drive plate is still available but I don't know where
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 8:13am
I check yesterday and have a plunger 3 1/2 inch long and a spring 1 1/4 inch long and if you could send a picture for the pieces to make sure.
                              gemdozer@hotmail.com
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:18pm
What's the chance another pump could be adapted. Seen Cummins semi puller with a Cat injection tied on it. Anything is possible.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:37pm
I found a complete pump PSB4A-100EH 5007A1 and parts number  4336644  and this pump should fit on 344 motor hd6
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
" What's the chance another pump could be adapted."

IIRC - Big problem is that PSB pumps run at crank speed and the reduction is in the pump
Tjsauto View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tjsauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:41pm
do you still have pump
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 1:06pm
Yes am still have the injection pump -PSB4A-100EH5007A1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic