This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Power Unit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Power Unit
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:59am
I have an AC power unit that was in storage acuI placed on EBAY and the buyer decided it was too far away for pickup. I am now trying to get it running so it will be worth more $$. It has a starter and I assume it would be POS to ground?  is that correct?  I want to spin it over until I get oil pressure before attempting to start.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 6:23pm
If its a U power unit, it may be 6V pos ground.  Don't worry too much, though, a couple of minutes of 12V might do it some good...Hug
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 5:14am
With just a starter ,Pos or neg will work .U have a mag and no charging system .Spin oil filer off ,when u get oil out tube you will be OK .Put filter back and go from there . Pulling the spark plugs out will help spinning it until u get oil. U can also check if u have compression be for starting ,if carb and mag work. 

Edited by Fred in Pa - 18 Sep 2020 at 5:18am
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:11pm
JCS,
 I have a friend that is interested in the engine. Please PM me with your contact information.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:26pm
JCS,
 Sent you a p.m.
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JCSinPITTS,PA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
i will call ur friend

had to remove starter to free up little gear on the end and used a jump box with NEG to the ground to spin over. Got oil coming outta the little tube now!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:48pm
I have received several questions about this. I don't know what its worth since it doesn't run. I got oil coming up thru the tube but haven't got magento sent out for repair yet. the starter works after i oiled the little gear on the end of the starter shaft and tapped it back and forth. I placed it on eBay at $200 and was hoping it would go to $500-600 but it didn't. SO make me an offer.
just remember its located in Western PA and its HEAVY!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:56pm
search COMPLETED ITEMS at EBAY for "Allis Chalmers Model U Power Unit" for more info 
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 4:19pm
Cost was $250.00 to get magneto repaired so its NOT going with power unit.  Guy that wanted last year ran into some $$ problems so Its for sale again.  never installed magneto since is cold  and will wait until spring to try to start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic