This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

united health care....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: united health care....
    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:35am
i keep getting these calls from a towel head saying they want to come to my house for a home visit for the insurance company. they want to do a physical on me here and then take pics of my house! i've told them NO for 2 years now, told them today that i won't have anyone from anywhere come to my house while this covid chit is still out there. dunno what part of NO they don't understand. i've already had my physical from my doc. and i just had a CT scan on my lungs that show negitive for any cancer, any of ya'll getting calls from them? called "home health care" i think. was told it's a company that insurance companies hire to do back ground checks on people so they will know what to charge for rates. maybe some of you have gone thru it with them?
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:46am
I have not, but with some of the crap that was attached to Obamacare, I wouldn't be surprised. 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:57am
Talk about the ACA, I was surprised to get a refund from my 2019 insurance. Nothing was ever mentioned during all the huffing and fussing about the ACA becoming law about the clause that mandated the at least 80% of premiums must be paid out in care costs. here in Maryland my insurance carrier did not meet that goal , so they had to pay out rebatesThumbs Up  Great to finally get money back from an insurance company for a changeBig smile
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 7:05am
Paul, I'm scratching my head on that one, because wife and I have not had medical expenses that come anyway near the premiums in the last two years, and no refund.
Wait for the Lord;
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 8:51am
Lou, I googled that, it tells of auto premium reimbursement, I got $50 back on mine, but I couldn’t find anything on healthcare premium reimbursement. I’m pretty sure that would have garnered headlines.
Maximum use of available resources!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 8:54am
Im on Social Security and have a Private Part B-D Insurance.. I got a call last year for a "house visit"... I dont have too many problems and dont go to the doctor often so i though it would be a good idea.. I was hoping to get a blood test and followup data........

Little girl shows up and asks my weight and height, how much do you weigh, what meds do you take, how often do you go to the doctor.... Then takes my blood pressure and pulse...OK, IM DONE !  ........... i say, i didint get a lot out of this... She says .. your good to go, see you next year !!

I turned them down twice this year... Dont do me any good.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:03am
Good to go... WHERE?
Smell like a sort of a scam to me...jmo
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Paul, I'm scratching my head on that one, because wife and I have not had medical expenses that come anyway near the premiums in the last two years, and no refund.

Lou, it would be on a group basis, not for individual policies. It’s intended to “limit” profits and premium increases. Not saying it always does, but that’s the idea.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:40am
Hay, next time they call, say 'I'm actually moving this week...but would like you to come by, My new address is ....( Pelousy's address). Please come anytime after....Oct 3rd.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Hay, next time they call, say 'I'm actually moving this week...but would like you to come by, My new address is ....( Pelousy's address). Please come anytime after....Oct 3rd.

We could use you on the "lower side the boarder" but being on the other side I give you a pass. Wink But me thinks you where meaning NOV 3 2020.Hopefully another Cry day for progressives.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:18am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i keep getting these calls from a towel head saying they want to come to my house for a home visit for the insurance company. they want to do a physical on me here and then take pics of my house! i've told them NO for 2 years now, told them today that i won't have anyone from anywhere come to my house while this covid chit is still out there. dunno what part of NO they don't understand. i've already had my physical from my doc. and i just had a CT scan on my lungs that show negitive for any cancer, any of ya'll getting calls from them? called "home health care" i think. was told it's a company that insurance companies hire to do back ground checks on people so they will know what to charge for rates. maybe some of you have gone thru it with them?

Hey Good Buddy,,I have NOT gotten any calls like you got but some other nuisance ones for sure. Here's what I do,,,on the call history of your phone on the far right there will be an "i" (lower case) ,,and you tap on it and it will bring up some options,,,, scroll down as it is always way down the list,,,"BLOCK THIS CALLER" choose it and your phone will forever block that number,,,,you can thank me later,,,,,,WinkWink
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:55am
I have U-care MN as insurance carrier - I got a notice they are discounting the premium for one month as their overall cost were lower so rebate of premium . 
 They also use a system of home health care nurse visit IF YOU REQUEST or AUTHORIZE it but do a phone review once a year . Last one they asked about a med I had not refilled but when i explained reason it was just mentioned to be sure to inform doctor about that. 
 So kind of second review but NO PRESSURE to come out to house . 
In fact they just asked if I had seen doctor since the date they gave me so as to update their records and then asked if I felt comfortable with information and or service the doctor had suggested on last visit . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:59pm
whatever you do, never tell any medico you tripped or fell....unless you have a real serious problem!
Wait for the Lord;
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
Yeah Shameless , they called me today . Caller I.D. said Maryland so I didn't answer . They left a number and told me to call . Yeah right !!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:40pm
Shameless. contact your state attorney general's office and tell them you are being harassed by this caller, have the number they are calling from handy. They should be able to tell you if it is a scam or legit. If it is from multiple numbers very likely a scam. Also check your Mediscare statements closely, they may be charging for a visit even if they don't come out. I don't bother to answer my phone if it is from an unknown caller and if I am busy I don't answer most of the ones that are identified. I have a special ringtone and text tone for my wife, daughter and granddaughter and those calls get answered every time.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:47pm
they are different incoming numbers each time, but same towel head sounding dude.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 5:26am

Well,,the scammers of these days are lots smarter,,,Plus they gots lots better equipment to get around the guvment regulations,,,
 I've got two AH's givin me fits as they are able to "Mask" where the call is coming from on caller ID,,, One is in a tizzy worryin bout my car warrantee fixin to expire and caller ID will show the call coming from these little bitty towns all over New Mexico,,!!  I block the number but they are able to change numbers almost at will. The other one is also worried bout my Healthcare Insurance,,,,I tell them I already gots obamacare and hang up,,,,,LOL
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 6:04am
I don't know who I hate worse, the scammers or the Cdn feds. To the scammers I usually say, sorry not interested..though I have had 'air duct cleaning service' drive from Toronto to my place  and I say' sorry, I'm not Mr. Miller.....' let them waste THEIR fuel and time !
To the feds, I've asked for FREE, user call blocking. Even though I've been on the National Do Not Call list, I still get 'Windows tecks' and others. What I want is 'press *666 and whoever the last caller was, gets added to MY blocked callers list'. This allows me to stop poiltians, 'surveys', and scammers from calling me. Sure, they can change their phone number,but I ould *666 them again. It doesn't matter if they 'hide' their number, under tarriff regs the number IS available(for 'billing purposes') and of course for NSA and other 3 letter  departments to listen in on.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

they are different incoming numbers each time, but same towel head sounding dude.

Come on how many times can you watch Gun Smoke.Wink You have the gift of gab and time. See how long you can keep poor old Ha Bebe on the line. When they are phishing I used 1234-56- 7890 as a social,but have decided the government might just use that one too,so don't go that far. LOL But can fumble around about what credit card I use.You can start laughing at him when he figures you out and starts saying them words your mother would not want you using.LOLLOLLOL

No cell service here at the house so land line and a stupid big charge for caller id. So if its handy I pick them all up. But everybody that matters knows to leave a message. I can hang up on any caller anymore even the ones for cancer research. Most times, thank you we are not interested. But some days it gets very interesting what kind of a story I get to "play" them. For some reason the ones that want to lower my credit card interest get the most played with.But ones that want to help with my college loans are right up there. It may have even worked to get me off there list cause it has been about like when the "pandemic" started the last month again. 
KylieCline View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KylieCline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:56pm
Because of these calls, I got into a deep depression, as they constantly reminded me of my health problems. Because of each such call, my mood deteriorated drastically. I felt very depressed for about a month, but after reading http://fherehab.com, I decided to get rid of my negative thoughts. My friends helped me with this, and as a sign of support, they joined a gym with me. That's when I realized my friends are the best in the world. They proved that they really are my friends.

Edited by KylieCline - 07 Jun 2022 at 6:32pm
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:54pm
I had to have a nurse come to my house and do some medical tests when my wife and I got life insurance as I was being added to her policy, we had a baby on the way and figured we would need a better policy. I guessing they checked for things like high BP, cholesterol, diabetes to gauge my general health. This was 20+ years ago and now I understand why as some doctors will write down/prescribe anything, I just need to look at the number of my coworkers who are now on some sort of FMLA intermittent  "disability". Funny how 4 of my coworkers were afflicted with their "problem" on the Monday after the Super Bowl. 

I don't know why they would need pictures of your house unless it would involve things like looking for steep steps, throw rugs on hardwood/bare floors, tripping hazards, etc... that could cause potential injuries in an older person.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 11:58pm
Michelle has called me 3 times wanting to help with my unpaid taxes etc,etc. She gets voice mailed. Keep thinking I should call her back and see how well she can play....just easier to delete her.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:13am

You know,,,I think I read some wwhere that the "window" for changing healthcare is now open till October,,,?? I am not too proud with my current coverage as it is terrible for dental and eyeglasses and I keep reading the original Medicare has much better coverage now.. Any one got an idee,,??
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 12:56pm
all them commercials we been seeing are paid for by private insurance, if you sign up with them, yeah...you'll get extra money in your SS account, it will be what you pay now for medicare, cuz you be dropped on medicare and there's no going back to it, then you are at the mercy of them insurance companies, i'm sure that the little amount back into your SS will cover what you'll hafta pay them companies
Wispitfiremike View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wispitfiremike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:36pm
Not old enough but I heard someone say if you are on medicare or one of those advantage plans the companies are supposed to do those wellness checks as part of their agreement. I told them no for the last number of years too for my mom who is in a dementia unit. They just keep calling though. 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:22pm
Medicare has never covered glasses or dental.. I dont think that has changed.. If you get SUPPLEMENTAL coverage above Medicare, then you can pay EXTRA for vision and dental.

AS JOE mentioned, another option is an ADVANTAGE PLAN that takes the place of Medicare and the Supplemental, all in one... "BY LAW" they have to be AS GOOD, or BETTER than the Medicare coverage..  Plans vary from $0. to over $300. a month, depending on the coverage you want.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:28pm
If ANY company calls and says THEY can get you BETTER than what you have direct, just remember:

That is the equivalent of someone saying they can buy from someone else CHEAPER than you can... And they're gonna 'pass the savings on to you'.

If they weren't making money out of that situation, they wouldn't be doing it.

All they're doing, is trying to establish a position between you, and the goods and services you're buying, so they can control, and then skim out.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 1:10pm
When we signed up for insurance years ago we went to meet with a woman and she told use not to use the same insurance company for drugs as you use for medical, she said it's cheaper if you use two different companies. So that has been the way our insurance has been handled for the last 15 years.
MarcoPoloG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoPoloG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 5:39pm
I have not encountered something like that personally, but my friends also got similar calls. I don't think you should answer to calls from unknown numbers from now on. As they stop seeing a response from you, they will stop calling. Honestly, even if this some insurance companies' scheme, it's a ty idea. My friend is still getting calls with offers to get the well-priced treatment for the disease she pulled through six months ago. It triggers her because she wants to forget it.

Edited by MarcoPoloG - 09 Jun 2022 at 6:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic