This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis HD11 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ric44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis HD11 Issues
    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 1:54pm
Found a HD11 not too far from home but has been sitting a while and the steering clutches aren't working . Runs good with good tracks and undercarriage . Owner says it worked well when it was parked and he suspects the problem is in the hydraulic steering assist valve body and that the spool valves need cleaning -freeing up . How likely is this to be the problem ? I kind of think its more likely the clutch packs may be stuck together . Any easy way to free them ? Thanks for your help .
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:45am
I am not familiar with hydraulic assist on a HD 11 but if working would think you could feel difference when pulling the levers with the engine running and not running. So if no difference the owner could be correct.   

If the hydro assist is working,lot of stories about pulling levers back and have blade against something large and letting it spin. Many say apply a bit of brake to heat things up. I have not had many that have had rust plates,but ones I have had it never worked.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 7:35pm
The pumps sit ABOVE oil level, most times the suction line goes to sucking air and the pumps will not draw for the boost pressure.  If run it very long to too long can destroy that pump.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic