This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long shot-looking for Gleaner F3 bars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long shot-looking for Gleaner F3 bars
    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 7:12am
I know it's a long shot but I am looking for 8 cylinder bars for an F3. Used bars that haven't been reversed would be ok. Thanks.
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 7:58am
F-F2-F3 cylinder bars are all the same.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:18am
I wondered about that, thanks.
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm
Found this ad on CL. Not too far from you.

Edited by steelwheelAcjim - 05 Sep 2020 at 9:53pm
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 5:53am
Thank you, I may have to take a road trip, not too far and my grandkids are near there.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 5:31pm
Those look good and will out last you. Very good price too. Not great for wheat but great for corn/soys
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 5:52pm
Steve, isn't there supposed to be a "beak" in the center of the "flights" ?? 
Ben, we got a set of 8 wide spaced bars (used) for the F2 at Bryant Combine Parts and made an ANIMAL out of her Wink. Dad thought he paid around $450.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:00am
Thanks. The dealer I use is checking for used bars for me and I am checking with Bryant and Spallinger yards too. New bars are very expensive from Agco. I think parts are now getting harder to find for the old girl.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 1:27pm
Thanks. The dealer I use is checking for used bars for me and I am checking with Bryant and Spallinger yards too. New bars are very expensive from Agco. I think parts are now getting harder to find for the old girl.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 1:28pm
Oops, sorry for the double post!🙄
steve fischer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve fischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 9:36am
I have six f2 s for salvage $200 for set thanks Steve 5o7 766 o551
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:49am
Thanks. I already have a set coming.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 1:42pm
Freed...my previous A2 OP manual as well as my current F2 op manual has drawing of end view of cyl bars when new....yes they peak down the center. In my view the high spot (peak) has more to do with feeding than the leading edge which is farther from concave. Worn bars are same radius profile as cylinder and won't grab anything.
When you believe your bars are shot,reach in there with a welder and put a 1/2 in bead (2 passes) down center of rib and see what happens.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 18 Sep 2020 at 1:46pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 3:22pm
Performance tip for corn growers with any sidehills. The cylinder bars are installed every other one "V" and upside down "V". To help with sidehill shoe overloading, install 6 or all 8 of them with the "V" upside down when looking in from the top. It has no adverse effect on threshing. It may cut your throughput a little on flat land, but the benefits on any sidehill are well worth it. You could see 50% increase in capacity when leaning to the left or right. I have some other sidehill tricks, but this one doesn't cost any $$$$$.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic