This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers 715c backhoe serial numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers 715c backhoe serial numbers
    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:34am
Just curious if there was any serial numbers kept on the backhoes. I haven't found anything online.
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 8:52pm
I have them in my serial # book. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:05pm
I will get the serial number tomorrow off of my backhoe supposed to be a 82 but I would like to confirm that.
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:05am
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:40am
Also how many 715c backhoes did they make?
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:47am
My book is a '99 edition but it only lists the 715 from '73 to '77 and I don't know why the records would end there for the 715 as it lists other Allis and Fiat Allis machinery into the nineties? The beginning of the serial numbers for the 715 in '77 was #1938. Up to that point 938 units had been made since '73. It's a bit of a mystery that not more information would be found online about this. 
It may be that this post of yours will get more input with a bit of time. Several members on here have or have had the 715 loader backhoes and you might hear from them. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:50am
Ok thank you for the info Eric B I appreciate it.
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:55am
They made the 715c between 81-85 with the allis chalmers 433t motor. Mine is supposed to be a 82 but hard telling I guess cds bought the backhoe line out in 85 and repowered them with a Cummins? Such a shame allis chalmers records got thrown out.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 5:29pm
#3237 - 3467 are the #'s , for 1982, in Swinford's construction book...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 5:48pm
Thank you very much DiyDave! Does it say how many where made? I'm looking to buy the construction equipment book even though the price is pretty steep.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:30pm
Production started at 1001, so the total would be 2467, not counting any produced after 1982, where the data disappears...Wink
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 12:40pm
AC sold the rights to MINNPAR - were produced under CDS brand and that was sold to Ingersol Rand , but that was sold to someone else - believe Koreans 
 My 715-B - D is a 82 but with Perkins engine , I bought it from Municipality that sold in in 87 with 2000 hours as they did not keep anything older than 5 years from purchase . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 12:51pm
Look up CDS hoes 

CDS INC.

715C (disc. 1989)

https://www.storeslider.com/allis-chalmers-cds-tractor-loader-backhoe-KXW8VQX81QHVNWNCM.html

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS627US627&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=CDS+-+tractor+loader+backhoe&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiguqH5uL7rAhUDCc0KHVBMDzIQsAR6BAgKEAE
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 7:56pm
Would anyone be willing to upload pictures of my backhoe? My phone wouldn't let me post pictures on here. Would also like to see any other 715c backhoe out there. My cell is 207-431-9826
Daedalus View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daedalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 2:05pm

Hello, first I would like to thank anyone who is willing to share knowledge on the first Allis Chalmers I have ever owned... that being said, yesterday I bought a 715-B sight unseen, and went to pick it up last night.  The old boy I bought it from said that they had ran it out of oil and that the engine was seized.  When I got home last night I wiped off the serial # tag so I could order a service manual, and try to get an idea of available parts.  That’s when I started having more questions than answers.

This backhoe Model says it is a  715-D, but the serial # looks to be double stamped.  it is either a 2469, or a 2569.  How do I find out what year this is? The web sites that I have found says “Unknown”.

ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 2:47pm
Does it have the allis chalmers 433t motor or perkins? Where are you located?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:46pm
Whichever number is right, its a 1979...
Daedalus View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daedalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 7:16pm

Hello AC89, I don't know which engine it has in it.  I put eyes on the machine for the first time last night at 5:00 p.m. and didn't get home with it until 9:00 and it was dark.  It never even occurred to me that there were engine variances.  I figured that it would be as simple as looking up a serial number and year, and start finding some literature on it.

On the tag is says:

NAME: 715-B-B/L

MODEL 715-D

SERIAL NO. 2469 (or 2569)

ENGINE SERIAL NO. 22682u599956E

DiyDave, that is awesome that you were able to find its year. For my information, how were you able to find that?  I began to stress this morning when I started doing some internet research on the model “715-D”.  When I looked on the TractorData.com (http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-loader/000/0/9/97-allis-chalmers-715c.html) website is said that the 715-C was made from 1981 to 1985.  So my assumption was that if a 715-D was a sequential model, it’s manufacturer date would have had to come after 1985, and that seemed to be in the years of lost documentation.  http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/allischalmers/allischalmers-tractors-industrial.html

Thanks again for your help.

ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 7:32pm
If it is a allis chalmers 433t motor they where also in the 6000 series allis chalmers tractors and gleaner combines and possibly gen sets. If you want to rebuild you can still get most of the parts online through gensals.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Daedalus Daedalus wrote:

Hello AC89, I don't know which engine it has in it.  I put eyes on the machine for the first time last night at 5:00 p.m. and didn't get home with it until 9:00 and it was dark.  It never even occurred to me that there were engine variances.  I figured that it would be as simple as looking up a serial number and year, and start finding some literature on it.

On the tag is says:

NAME: 715-B-B/L

MODEL 715-D

SERIAL NO. 2469 (or 2569)

ENGINE SERIAL NO. 22682u599956E

DiyDave, that is awesome that you were able to find its year. For my information, how were you able to find that?  I began to stress this morning when I started doing some internet research on the model “715-D”.  When I looked on the TractorData.com (http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-loader/000/0/9/97-allis-chalmers-715c.html) website is said that the 715-C was made from 1981 to 1985.  So my assumption was that if a 715-D was a sequential model, it’s manufacturer date would have had to come after 1985, and that seemed to be in the years of lost documentation.  http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/allischalmers/allischalmers-tractors-industrial.html

Thanks again for your help.

Norm Swinford's book on AC construction equipment...Wink
Daedalus View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daedalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:19am

Hey, DiyDave, thanks for your help.  It looks like Norms book is the Holy Grail of A-C books...  and its priced accordingly...

I also re-learned something again...  Fathers are still one of the best sources of info.  I talked to my Dad last night, and told him that I had bought this backhoe. I told him that I was confused as to what it was, because the Name was a "715-B" but the Model was a "715-D".  I told him that DiyDave, said the serial # put it as a 1979, so I wasn't exactly sure what it was...  He was quiet for a second, and said that he thought the "D" would have indicated that it was a Diesel.  He said that most manufactures made both a gas and a diesel version their equipment.  All of a sudden everything started making sense.

AC89, Thanks for the insight as to the other equipment that used the A-C engine.  Depending on what I find, I might be able to just do an engine swap.

Thanks for all you help!

Edited by Daedalus - 03 Sep 2020 at 11:17am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 1:56pm
My 715B - D is a 82 with a Perkins 4-236 engine with the late ROPES cab and a Digmore extend-a-hoe  , early 715B uses a different style cab more boxy straight line type .
 I believe other updates were added from first units and that is the area where prefex D was added to the 715B series . 
  I had looked at several 715 machines as local utility company had bought a group of them and they were phasing them out , I also looked at some 816 machines around the same time .
  The unit i bought was traded into John Deer dealership for a new unit - and they gave me the name of the contact at municipality to find out other info on machine - after I bought it I went up to the shop for that city and got all the service records on machine since new - and probably $1.500 in spare parts they had in stock there for the machine .

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 03 Sep 2020 at 2:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic