This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay Onan CCK shortblocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay Onan CCK shortblocks
    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:08pm
Anyone else get in on the smokin deal on the Ebay Onan shortblocks lately? I bought the last two that had the correct front crankshaft size/length for my 616 and 720. Although they may have to have the crank snouts drilled and tapped to hold the front PTO in place. No biggie.

I just thought I'd ask if any of you were able to snag some deals like I did. I only spent $900 for two brand new shortblocks and they still have the Cummins stickers/tags on them.

From what I can tell they're direct replacements for the 616/620/720/4040/4041/9020 series, although the only thing I'm not 100% sure on is the crankshaft taper for the flywheel. Although, if it is different than mine, I still saved enough to have them corrected. Worse case scenario, I have to resell them for the same price I have in them, and I'll have no problem doing that as fast as these sold.

The business had 40 of them for sale not long ago but they sold very quickly! There's one other online business advertising Onan shortblocks for affordable prices but they're still at least $750 to $1700 each.

GB :)

Edited by Bird76Mojo - 28 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm
Sponsored Links

Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:35pm
Correction: he has at least two left.

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:05pm
I stay away from Onan's altogether!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

I stay away from Onan's altogether!

None of the repower kits can match the torque of the original Onans though..

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:24pm
Onan made a good engine. As long as you perform the necessary maintenance they are usually trouble free.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:22am
That is tempting. Just to sit one on the shelf. I wonder which one was the welder application?
Learning AC...slowly
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by exSW exSW wrote:

That is tempting. Just to sit one on the shelf. I wonder which one was the welder application?

It's my understanding that to govern the engine to around 1800 for welder/generator use, you'll need a governor assembly that has 10 flyballs in it. To make it run the rpm necessary for our tractors, you remove 5 of them.

The welder/generator Onan's typically have a very short tapered output shaft on the front side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic