This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Allis Let me Down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:32pm
not gonna help the sales pitch.  LOL
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:52pm
Don't I Know!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 6:32pm
Old FA is sitting quietly outside tonight, found the seepage on the Bucket Curl tube to hose connection Left side, was tight but loosened then repositioned and retightened, got a full flat after reposition tighter.  Suspect much of the problem there and at the transmission transition fittings from Hose to machine is forty year old JIC angle wear and distortion, only real way to shut it all off is drain the entire system, replace all the weeping seeping fittings the hoses attach to in reducing said seepage, did try retightening and repositioning hoses I could see as weepers.   Not happening in my wallet, next owner can do that as does a drain filter change and refill service.  Oil currently is least expense.  Was down almost No discernable level on hydraulics, down MAYBE a pint to a quart in trans.  Back to work tomorrow.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:06pm
Sad day today, a 4900 lb load of the derelict went to the scrapper, mostly junk parts and the stuff not really needed now as well the pile of discards off FA the runner.

Loaded the old rails on the gooseneck, will be further dismantling the derelict come Tuesday then the big chunks going on with the rails.  Then another load to the scrapper and barn will be opened back up for parking machines that run.

Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 9:41pm
Bright side Dave, be awhile before we ourselves are shipped off to the scrap yard!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:41am
Dave,
 Reminds me that I have a  tracked binder machine that needs attention, hydraulic leak on a 70 year old machine. Seems like they should last longer than that!:)
Good pictures of your events with FA.
They are great when they work. Not so great when they dont!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:26pm
Sad at Mullins, had a IH TD15 Long track, rails looked great hole in engine block, gas axe lit off and hacking on it, old 955H almost completely de-assembled, a Clark US GI Pan Scraper next to the shredder claw.

I am with you Mac on the response, we have a few years yet before we get dragged to the pile!!

Tire Kicker is coming down Monday, stay overnight, late 90s Topkick GMC dump truck Juice Brakes small Cat Diesel 5&2 with a 20T tag trailer, to haul it back 300 miles to North of Davenport IA.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 2:13am
Hi Dave; bit of a bugger you gave up on Fat Al; but you sure had alot of headaches with her. Honestly thought you had her beaten; but that brake band must have been the last straw for you. Fixn machinery can sure be hard on the body. Am a weee bit younger but my body gives out ditress signals too at times. And know sure as hell a few of my machinery projects may have to go to another man too sometime.
And like Mac says, hopefully we all have some time left before the fuel gauge hits 'E'. !
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 5:11am
She had been a labor of love up to that last event
Had big aspirations turned to sad emotions was tired of beating my head on a wall

Has been entertaining and educational is about all can say where will not be very sad as she waddles out the drive on a trailer
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 3:05pm
Monday Morning Delivery loaded but need to chain down

Tuesday the pallet loads to the front of the 180 leave with FA.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:54am
Fella from Clinton(Comanche) IA is coming down Monday.  Bringing a GM Dump truck and a 20T tag trailer to take home the Allis if he likes what sees.  Agreed to a price and he seems to really want the tractor so will see come Tuesday Morning.  May end up a dead head run for him and a no sale for me.

He has a 300 mile run to haul the old Fat Allis!!.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 7:29pm
Alrighty then, old goomer is at New Florence MO, I-70 and MO 19, gonna be here at 7ish in the morning determined to try it out and take it home.  

Long Story LONGER and More Boring.  Forewent having a REGULAR Hauler bring it to him, is driving down in a SINGLE Axle GM Top Kick Dump truck and a 20T Tag trailer.  Left at 7 this morning from Clinton IA.  Popped two trailer tires by Davenport IA had to buy Two to get back on road.  Gets to New London MO and Pops a Steering tire, has to be towed to tire shop.  This is what I find STRANGE.

He states: "the shop did NOT have 8Ply Rated as he can get at home so HAD to buy 16 Ply tires and replace BOTH Fronts"  {HAD TO}!!  Not sure what he had put on Tag or what is STILL on that tag trailer but 8ply will NOT take any load or heat.

This guy I may NOT allow to leave with the tractor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic