This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your Allis Today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 9:39pm
Took The WZ for a nice slow quiet ride at sunset. Reminded me of when I was a kid hauling two loads of hay home with a WD45! Nice cool evening after a scorching hot day!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 10:26pm
Well, we decided we needed to get back on the horse with the late landlord's wd 45. Tractor didn't kill him, keystone lite did. So got running and raked hay. Still at the end of the day, we feel probably should part it out. That, or name it christine
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:39am
Clipped about 40 acres of pasture with the 6080 and 15’ batwing.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Steve g View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:51pm
Not Allis but got Cat D2 out of barn. Trying to load pics. Can't figure it out to post.
Steve g View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:54pm
Followed the lovely bride around the yard while she was mowing with a WD 45 with the gleaner E combine motor
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:48pm
Raked 5 acres of new seeding Timothy with the wd45 and the side delivery PTO driven ac take. Then made a couple hundred rotobales. Sure beats pulling teeth
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:26pm
Went for a nice ride on my WD45. Real warm day here.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:27pm
Replaced the temp sending unit on the 170. I just finished the overhaul and couldn't get a reading on the gauge. Also the 3pt arms were stuck in the up position and would not go down. Reread the 185 post and did as the Dr said. So far so good. Am posting the pics there as it relates to that thread. Now I need to figure out how to stop the "deiseling" when I go to shut it off.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
Folks,
 Snapped this picture of a double headed Allis WD series. Very odd. but werent they all!

Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:59pm
Nice there Chris!! Wrapped round bales today with the 200 and moved them with the wd45! Now my back hurts— lol!!
Driverdan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driverdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Raked hay with the WD45, baled with the D17, pulled haywagons with the WC, and spread a load of manure with the other WD45...
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:53pm
not today but on the 4th out here in the land of fruits and nuts governor said no celebrating the 4th so we had a protest parade here in our small town.  Protests are ok right?  I was the only orange tractor.  Took grandpas B, not a masking sight.  Total FU Newsome.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:47am
Cultivated a couple acres of pumpkins with the WD45 yesterday. Then worked up some fallow ground.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Gregor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 8:37am
Made 49 round bales of brome grass from the ditches and waterways with the 8030 and hauled them off the fields with the 8070.  Air conditioning compressor locked up in the 8030.  Ordered a Sanden kit replacement and should be in today. 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:07am
Finally got one of them out today.  I took the 5020 down back to bring the wagon up to the house.  Gonna use it to get momma's flowers and other decor out of the way for a new concrete slab we're getting poured for a patio.  Hopefully the heat will break before I gotta start working on the prep job I have to do.

I also cut the grass with the zero turn, it's Simplicity so that sorta makes it AC!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
Too much to document over the weekend. Today I worked on painting more parts for the 'Wide-Front'. The decision to add a seat flip-over bracket led to a lot of work! Yesterday I got the broken bolt out of the shift tower that is going on.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 5:35pm
Hooked the 170 to the 3pt rake. After a minor issues the raking is finished just in time for the rain. Oh well.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:13pm
I let them all bake in the sun all by themselves.  I tried to stay out of 90 some degree sun as much as could. 
knkrein1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knkrein1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:54pm
I was going to get the WD45 out of the shed so I could connected up the AllCrop 72 so could combine my big (4-5) acres of wheat only to find a flat right rear. What makes a inter tube vale steam go bad just setting. SO I had to get the rim\tire off the WD45 in the shed I was lucky I had enough room to get the loader tractor in to get the tire out and on to the trailer to get repaired. Going to use windshield washer ballast this time.  Oh and I used one of the CA's to move the trailer out of the way so I could get to the 45.
Ken R.
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:20pm
Fussed with the carb on the D15 S2 yesterday, so took it for a run down the side road today to warm it up and adjust the jets a bit. Stopped by the shed this evening and have half a gallon of gas on the floor. Shut off the gas at the sediment bowl. Carb kit on the way!
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 8:12pm
Sorry,
 As usual a day late and a dollar short! 
( I was bad and ran the Ford for 4 hours mowing) 
The Allis tractors get to rest. They did get rinsed several times today. We needed the rain.
But here are some shots from this past week:

GGrandson Rhett teaching me how to drive "his" tractor. He is 5 going on 15!

Yea thats a CASE hat on me. I like those too. Dont have one yet!

Rhett and his little brother Cooper fighting about who uses the only brush to scrub Rhett's  WD.

A good bath and resting in the shade on a hot day. Note the 7 bolt front end!

Cooper on "my" WD45! At least no one has claimed this one yet!

The WZ called into action to demo the "vast warehouse"! Way past time for it to go!

Wide front in for the clean up:

WD45 in back ground staying out of the way!

Made one heck of a fire too:

OK I am pretty well caught up!Smile
 Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 10 Jul 2020 at 8:16pm
jlbintn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlbintn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 11:19pm
Installed new right side brake pads.
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:34pm
Had the D15 all ready to take out and do some mowing, and then it rained.  Waited a couple hours, things dried up nicely so dashed out to get the thistles cut before they bloom.  Hardly made a full round and a little cloud started to drizzle, and then proceeded to get me and the machines pretty wet.  
Finished up wet, but finished.

Video below

Dave
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 9:32pm
Yesterday I took 1 of my WD's to a celebration of life for a friend who passed away.  
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 10:45pm
Been mowing for last 3 days with my 170

I sure love this ol tractor...do some more mowing tomorrow.. And then the tiller goes back on to turn over the deer plots one more time before planting

Guy on you tube calls it sterile tilling...he says it helps with the weeds so you dont have to use chemical's... This will be the fourth time I've tilled them...and I got to say they are pretty clean...so next time I till it will be time to plant

Ocharry

Edited by ocharry - 12 Jul 2020 at 10:45pm
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:16am
Bought an AC snap coupler post hole digger and sickle bar mower.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:33am
Nice score!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:30am
Spent part of the morning working on the 'Wide Front'. The paint thing is on-going. I decided to add a seat flip-over bracket and that led to painting everything seat related. The down side of this is it's near impossible to operate a 45 with no seat.

When I went to start the thing it started rolling, I had blocked a wheel but didn't use a big enough block! I panicked and jammed it in gear, and now it's stuck in low gear. I have another shifter in process, this will get a little more urgency in getting it done!

Got the seat back on it, bruised up some of the new paint. Such is life, will have to have paint touch up day sometime.

So here she sits until I get the 'new' shifter done and installed.

Later I started on a red project I acquired on Saturday, wish I would have taken a pic of it.

Edit; got the picture figured out.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 13 Jul 2020 at 10:27am
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:00am
David , that's a very nice D 15 you have . Thanks for posting !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic