This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest Project! (not AC)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest Project! (not AC)
    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:18pm
i had the Rupp snow mobile, bought new in 1973. was a great machine. i also liked Rupp's 3 wheeled ones. forgot what they were called, the front wheel sat way out front, was easy to do wheelies on them. good job on the restoration! i also still have our honda 70 here
Sponsored Links

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:28am
Nice work!! I had a Rupp Go Joe. It looked like a snowmobile with fat balloon tires on it. It could ride across the muddiest field and the tires would keep it from getting stuck. It also had a 2 stroke screener of an engine on it.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:32am
I had one of those when I was 12. I let my little sis ride it once when she was 10. She cracked the throttle and took off, then she kept cracking the throttle. The faster she went the more she cracked open the throttle. Yep she found a tree and hit it. Luckily she flew off to the side missing the tree herself. I got off lucky as I only got grounded for a week for letting her ride it, and only the front rim and a bunch of spokes needed replacing. I had to save allowance for the rest of the summer ,fall, and most of the winter to buy the replacement parts. One of my first forays into mechanicals after cobbling up bicycles. I was hooked for life. LOL
I do like your paint scheme Mike I'm sure the grandkids do to, nice job. Thumbs Up

Edited by chaskaduo - 30 Jun 2020 at 10:33am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:20am
That's REALLY cool! Didn't know Rupp made mini-bikes. Those grandkids are lucky, riding was one of my favorite activities growing up. Have the scars to prove it! They are really hard to see 40 years later.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:46am
Thanks to all who commented! I'm more than happy with the outcome and even though it is not the right color combo for the bike I had to have something orange on it!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:17am
An you ol' boys were so overwelmed by MDM1's restoration that you forgot to mention he kept it in the right color theme....AC Orange... or at least it sure looks that way to me....Sure is pretty lookin now for sure.  Thumbs Up
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:37pm

Hey,,,that right there is a really NICE restoration,,,your grandkids will have a great time riding it all over the farm,,,,ClapClap
 Reminds me of a Honda Trail 70 that the people we bought this land from left it here,,said their two kids rode it all the time,,, I pulled the cylinder, put a new set of rings in it and all 5 of our boys rode it as the grew older,,,,Clap they all drove the pizz out of it an tried to tear it up,,,somewhere along the line both fenders came off but after 35 years,,we still got it out back and I'll bet with some good fuel and a push it would run,,,,????LOLLOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:29pm
NICE job Mike!  You've got talent I've never seen before!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:22pm
Looks good! I bet they spend a ton of hours on it
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 3:40pm
Nice restoration!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 2:59pm
This was my latest project. It's a 1970-71 Rupp mini bike that my kids used to ride. Was in my Dad's barn for years. Last time it ran it started on fire. (thanks to a nephew) Now my grandkids are riding it. Hope all the Grandads appreciate it. First pic is what I started with.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic