This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1940 AC B..... magneto and Carb questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1940 AC B..... magneto and Carb questions
    Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:42am
I've made a few post on this topic before and I would like to say thanks for all the help on the last few posts.... anyways I have finally bit my tongue and told my self I need to rebuild my Magneto....as well as the carb....the mag is the Fairbanks Mores (no surprise) and the carb is a Zenith....I don't know the model number but like I have said it is on my 1940 Allis Chalmers B.

What I am needing is help finding out the best place to buy rebuild parts....I watched the video by J&D productions where they rebuilt the Magneto....they sell the rebuild parts for it on there website ( https://farmtractorrepair.com/ ) do you think this is good quality parts or is there somewhere else that I should buy the parts from (I'm trying to stay low cost yet still have some decent quality parts....I know that it kinda hard though!!).

As for the carb I need recommendation on where to buy the parts from also....or just like a complete rebuild kit

Thanks in advance, I'm sure someone out there will have an answer to my questions
1940 B
19__ WD
Sponsored Links

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:50am
First thanks for obtaining my favorite Allis Chalmers tractor - the B.   As to the Magneto don't forget Custom Circuits.  That is the company of SteveNJ one of the sponsors of this site.  He can also do a rebuild if that becomes necessary.
As to the parts for the carb I recommend Sandy Lake.  They are AGRCO dealers and have an excellent reputation for assistance.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

PS:  Since you are in Washington you may want to use Tony Carbaugh or OK Tractor.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:10pm
Your Carb should have a round dime sized tab riveted to the top usually. You will need those numbers to get the best complete rebuild kit and not just a generic gasket kit, unless that is all you need.

Edited by chaskaduo - 25 May 2020 at 12:23pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:51pm
Sent a PM with upload for #2846C  FMJ4B Instructions & Part Numbers Manual.

If it does not load up for you PM (Private Message) me your Email and I can send it that way.

Click the down arrow next to my user name to quickly get to PM page. New messages at top of page for PM also.
BraedonAllisB View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:12pm
Well I am glad that I got your favorite tractor for as I think it is now my favorite too. I will check these places out.... could you possibly find links to there pages...I'm having some troubles finding the website's
1940 B
19__ WD
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:22pm
Here is the link to Steve's website: https://www.bb-customcircuits.com/  He is a great guy with whom to do business and really knows Allis Chalmers. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:31pm
Sandy Lake Implement
Brenda is the gal if you call, or E-mail.

Tony Carbaugh 

Edited by chaskaduo - 25 May 2020 at 1:36pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 1:00pm
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 1:50pm
If you want to rebuild the mag yourself, watch this a few times to make sure you know what's involved.

[TUBE]2fmnP700qXc[/TUBE]

The parts supplier you mentioned is the same people who made the video and the parts are good.

As for the carb, it is really very simple.  If it were me, i would skip the rebuild kit unless you actually have damaged parts.  Get a gasket kit and just clean everything really well.

2 cents. 
1951 B
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 2:01pm
That is actually where I found out about the parts from them...from that video, I've already watched it about 4 times and feel fairly confident about tackling the project myself. Do you think there parts are reliable?

As with the carb I will start with just the gaskets, I would leave it but according to another post I had made, the carb is aperantly why it leaks a little fuel and not my sediment bowl

Thanks for the help!!
1940 B
19__ WD
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:31pm
All I can say is this:

1)  The parts look like the same parts everyone else sells,

2)  The family that runs that business are friends of my extended family and are solid, knowledgeable farm and tractor folk.  
1951 B
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:36am

You mentioned the video on the Mag, well if you enjoyed that , you'll enjoy this one too on the Carb.   I can't seem to get the vid to post up ??? so here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVraAXnh5jk&t
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:03am
I actually watched that one a few times also...that's how I found there website
1940 B
19__ WD
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 12:21pm
I should have known. She has a lot of them, and not just repairs. Smart Lovely Lady.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic