This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shop Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 56>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:47am
t, Folks,
Thanks! 
Trying some pictures, since the imgur hosting site went belly up. Good news is that looks like my pictures are still up on this thread.
moved to a new hosting site Postimage to try that. Getting to be a real hassel to store pictures for these forums!

Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:07am
Chris, you've done an incredible job on this shop! In a year or two, I hope to be building one myself. Maybe I could move you out here to help? Ha, Ha.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 5:59pm
Mike,
I like the build process, but not the stress. Will probably not build another one!:)
Materials are crazy high again.
Thanks for the positive comments. You guys have kept me on track during the build too!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 2:34pm
Chris, checking into see if you got my payment yet?  Making me nervous here!  

Thanks, Dave
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:01pm
For anyone that would like to use forced air for heat in a shop, I've a slightly used one, set up for LPG, could be changed to Nat. Gas. It would take a bit but could even set up to use fuel oil. If I remember right it is 97,000 but.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:13am
Dave,
 Got it! thanks! Grill something!:)
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 9:37pm
Folks,
 Getting some time this summer to enjoy the shop rather than work on it.
Friend John has his 42 Ford Coupe project car here and we just installed the engine and transmission using the jib crane. It worked very well!

I am also working on my engine to go into the 32 dump truck. Agan the shop is a pretty nice place to hang out and do some projects too:

Also did a repair on a green brush hog for the neighbor that brings me bees:

Added new skids:

Working on a drivers side seat frame for a friend in Bowling Green KY who has a 32 dump truck like mine.

Hope things are good in Orange land!
Regards,
 Chris
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 9:48pm
Chris, that awfully pretty flathead V8 is going into the wrong vehicle... Drop it in your truck! Ha. Having all that space for multiple projects and helping other folks out is nice. Oh, and air conditioning would be nice too!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 6:32pm
John,
 Lots of adult frosty beverages consumed here for sure. The truck will stay with the Ford Model B engine (4 cylinder) as long as I have it. 
Have a soft lead on another B engine local too.
I have a guy that has a 49 Merc engine that he might sell? Why am I thinking of another project?? Just what old men, that have not grown up do, I guess?
Thanks for checking in on me. Summer here is busy, as everyone is! Got to pack it all in a couple months. I need to go to a tractor pull!
This weekend is a trctor/ antique show in NE Ohio. May load the ragged ol' truck and drive over there. (Williamsfield) (Ashtubula Antique tractor show).
 July 15,16 and 17 is our Pioneer Steam & Gas Engine show in Sagertown PA.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 28 Jun 2022 at 6:34pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 3:08pm
  I remember them flat head V8s, had one in my 53 Ford convertible always ran good. Keep up the good work Chris
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 4:33pm
I have a Model B engine and radiator.  Took it off and old Allis All Crop combine.  
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 8:41am
Clay,
 You might have a Allis Model B engine vs a Ford Model B engine? Same name but not the same engine? Just saying. If it came off of a Allis machine it probably is a Allis engine?

We fired up the 59AB Flathead that is in John's 42 Ford here in the shop. Very nice sounding engine too!
Regards,
 Chris
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 4:21am
I will have to check the engine, one of these days.  There is a FORD blue oval on the radiator.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 7:11am
Clay,
 Well that sounds like it could very well be a Ford Model B engine, which they did make for applications other that cars and trucks. If you can get near the upper left rear area of the intermediate bell housing there may be serial numbers. Also severl pictures might help too.
 Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 6:18am
Folks,
I think this falls under the varmit topic: Me and Ruby (aka "Killer") in the shop taking a break as we wrap up the local tractor show event:

More varmits, The greatgrandsons at the kiddie tractor pulls at local tractor show. The boy to the right in the blue is one of the new "greatgrandsons" to the family, his name is Jaxson. His older brother Kolton did not get in the picture. I hope to see all these boys pulling Allis tractors in the future too!

Grandson Nic heading for second place in this pull with my WZ:

I did meet a real nice gentleman that mentioned he has a Allis CA, narrow front for sale, might go look at that sometime. It has not run for a while. Not that I really need another project. My idea would be for a light weight puller, 2500, 3000 lb classes. Humm maybe for the boys in the picture above! Yea thats it!

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 20 Jul 2022 at 6:24am
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 8:30am
We're going to need more pictures of Ruby. You definitely need that CA for the boys to pull!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 8:57am
 Yep, you need that CA
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:58am
Guys,

As I looked back over the Varmit thread, I may not have mentioned the fact that our 10 year old golden Maggie passed away June 30th. She was a great dog and will be missed.
I decided Cheryl and I needed another dog soon. So when a friend texted me the add for goldens it started the ball in motion.

Couple shots of Ruby and things:
Here is where we got her. She had many sisters and brothers and same number of cousins. All born May 5th, 2020. It was not a easy choice.

Ruby being on her best behaivior as we tried to pick one from the group:

The ride home:

Setteling in, or taking control:

She is doing all the puppy things for sure. Teeth are sharp as needles and her toenails can cut glass! Teaching her to go in the bean field behind the house. Sleeping 8 hours in her kennel at night. She loves the shop. Should work out good. A nice pup. Lots of work but they grow so quick and I need a dog around.

Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 6:15am
Mike asked for it! More baby puppy pictures!

Tiffany (granddaughter in law) with Ruby. Girls are attracted to puppies!

We play and rest and rest and play:

Part of her training program. 

Regards,
 Chris
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:18am
Thanks for the pictures Chris. Golden's are awesome dogs! Sorry to hear Maggie passed.

Bought an old girlfriend a golden pup, (have posted pics of her here in the past). When we picked her out of the litter, she was the ornery one, still is to this day! 
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 11:24pm
Darn, I'm sorry to hear about Maggie too. Goldens are near and dear to my heart as the bulk of my childhood was spent with one that didn't have a bad bone in his body... Unless you were a mole. Fantastic dogs. I'm looking forward to seeing Ruby/Killer in your shop/AC pics.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 7:50am
I to am sorry you lost your friend! the pics you posted looks just like when we went and picked up our new little golden, she looks just like her! you are gonna have sooooooo much fun with her! is the shop air conditioned? that couch and the puppy and I will fit together on it real well! enjoy her while she's still little, cuz they grow up way to fast....well their body does, the puppyness will last a few more years!  
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 6:56am
Folks, 
I appreciate all the Allis folks that have followed and put up with my Shop Talk blog!
Ruby is pretty much running the show here now. Daily training to teach her the basics. I dont need to have a show dog. Would like her to be somewhat leash trained, to heel fairly well. I hate to see dogs pulling their owners! Bath room duties are to be done in the bean field behind the house rather than in the yard, and to come on command when summoned. She is doing almost 10 hours in her cage at night without a sound. 
The shop is two years old and we all have been enjoying it. Setting in the dog trot breeze way on these warm summer evenings is a real blessing. Glad for all the support as I went through this build and tried to share the good and the bad. 
Still have some Allis tractors too. Pulled my 45 in 4000 lb class/s a week ago and got two first places. Going to Warren county PA fair on Aug 10 to try it again. May take the gradsons old WD also as he has a new trailer I can borrow that can haul two narrow fronts  easily. Diesel fuel cost? well as always you just fill up and pay up as needed!
Hope things are good in Orange Land. I am over on the Ford Barn Forum a lot. Still looking at other old Ford truck/s for future projecxts too. The shop will be way too full soon!
 Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 08 Aug 2022 at 7:46pm
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:21am
Chris, we're going to need updated pics of Ruby every once in awhile. They grow so fast! I had a Great Dane when I was young. I swear, he'd grow an inch in an eye-blink.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 8:06pm
Folks,
 Your Ruby fix:

She is helping me extract honey:

Regards,
 Chris
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:44am
Thanks Chris. Great looking pup, showed her to the former GF last night, she's a fan now too!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 7:31am
Folks,
 Last night at the Warren County fair tractor pulls. 140+ tractors pulled on two sleds. 12,000 lb down to 2500 lb.

The WD and WD45 did not do well on this extreemly hard track. Some of the small tired tractors like farmall C and Olivers did real well.
My new thought is "Put on a show, or dont go!"
Here is some pictures of our "Fat Bottom Girls" Was wonderful that grandson Nic let me use his WD tractor, and his new trailer to haul both Allis'.

The WD in the 3500 lb class. I tried 2nd gear and different route. exceeded the speed limit and DQ-ed, So I just let it run after that. The flames were about a foot out of the stack, and she never stopped spinning, I never stopped grinin':

Yea that tire mark next to the right side tells the the tale of the WD pull! That was smoking hot dirt. Several folks thought we were drag racing not tractor pulling!:):

The WD45. Didnt do much better in low gear and slow. Spun out way too early 100 feet short of the winners. Two years ago I won the 4000 lb class on this same track when it was a worked up as power track. Not last night!

Ready to load up and get on the road home:

Had a rim on our pulling sled fail and explode. Lucky no one was injured.
Regards,
Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 11 Aug 2022 at 7:46am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 3:07pm
  Good to hear that nobody got hurt from the rim exploding

aclongb56 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aclongb56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:28pm
Any building u put up think it thru...
25-40,A,U,UC,Styled,unstyl,WF'S,WC'S,WC ROAD PATROL,WD'S WD45,RC,IB,3 Waukesha B,B'S C,CA'S,G'S,D12,D15,D17,B-10 thru 919 L&G.... Father's and Boy's and Toy's... Just don't let MOM know!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by aclongb56 aclongb56 wrote:

Any building u put up think it thru...
Humm? I did think a little on this one. The next one may have all the improvements that I missed out on.
Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 56>
  Share Topic