This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shop Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 56>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 8:46pm
Chris, Here's two different ones at Menards.
Moldex® Mold & Mildew Killer
and
Mold Armor® Mold & Mildew Killer + Quick Stain Remover

Have you got a Menards out that way?  Otherwise I'm sure that any hardware outlet would have at least one of these.
Hope this helps.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 7:02am
Ted,
 Thanks! I will try to find some of these type products.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 6:22pm
Good old bleach, cold water and a stiff brush may do the trick, too...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 10:23am
Folks,
 Had a really nice visit with Ross D. today in the shop! He stopped in during his travels back home to Ontario. Great to meet him and his enthusiasm for Allis tractors. We shared many life stories and solved many of the worlds problems over a cup of coffee.
 Looking forward to future visits from him. He was teasing me with pictures of his very nice 190 Allis that he is restoring! It is going to be super nice! Lots of work and fresh paint!
We did a tour of the shop and I saw some of his shop pictures which has a lot of the same features. Ross is a custom builder and has ideas for buildings from the start to finish.
Was a good meeting/ visit. He suggested that I should go look at a local D14 that will be auctioned off tomorrow near by.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 08 Apr 2022 at 10:24am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 10:38am
Well Chris, Are you going to look at it? What more could you ask for, it's an AC and close and would look good in your shop. What have you got to loose? You wouldn't want to run out of projects. 
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:43pm
Chris, sorry for the delayed reply here, I missed something.  I did mold removal for about 9 years.  Bleach does not kill the mold spors, it just bleaches them, slows them down.  Go to HOME DEPOT, LOWES, etc. get a bottle of your choice, Mold Control, what-ever the name of the product may be.   BUT be sure it contains     ""concrobium"",  it will work!!
I have used the Mold Control, with good results. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ac hunter ac hunter wrote:

Well Chris, Are you going to look at it? What more could you ask for, it's an AC and close and would look good in your shop. What have you got to loose? You wouldn't want to run out of projects. 

ac,
Yea took the wife to a fancy resturant and on the way we stopped at the auction and I took a bunch of pictures. Will try to post them somewhere on the forum soon. I dont need another tractor, but may go to the sale just to see what happens. 
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Dave in PA Dave in PA wrote:

Chris, sorry for the delayed reply here, I missed something.  I did mold removal for about 9 years.  Bleach does not kill the mold spors, it just bleaches them, slows them down.  Go to HOME DEPOT, LOWES, etc. get a bottle of your choice, Mold Control, what-ever the name of the product may be.   BUT be sure it contains     ""concrobium"",  it will work!!
I have used the Mold Control, with good results. 

Dave,
 Thanks! for the tip! Will try to pick some of that up!
Regards,
 Chris
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 5:48am
Well,,,,,,,we're waiting on the pics of the "NEW" to you D-14.  Anything else you picked up?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:02am
Folks,
The D14 (new to me has its own thread) 
On the wood: I picked up some of the Concrobium product. Not cheap. Have half the pile of wood coated and fan drying. Will pick up some more to coat the rest. Not the cheapest coating at $40 per gallon. Appling with a small weed sprayer. 
Also picked up a Dewalt planner and ran all the hemlock through that. removing some material from both sides.

Ok we do have a beer once in a while. Surprising that the planner is beer friendly! I dont recommend this while running power tools or machinery. It was more of a test to show how little vibration there was when running this planner , yea thats my story and I am sticking to it!:)

Will run the fan on the coated stack for a while and we should be good to go. 
Lesson learned: 
- Clean the fresh wet boards when you bring them home (remove the thick sawdust layer). 
- Could spray they with a bleach solution
- Sticker the wood. 
- Have lots of air flow. 

Looking forward to getting this material in the loft to kind of finish the wall coverings in the shop.
Thanks for checking in! Hope things are good in orange land.

By the way the shop jib crane is awesome! Picked that set of 2 bottom Allis plows up and moved them several times!
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 15 Apr 2022 at 1:24pm
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:20am
I like your story... ... ... sounds like you are having fun and enjoying your shop.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 9:16am
Folks,
 The saga of the hemlock continues:
 I got more of the Concorbium product, sprayed both sides and ends, stickered the wood, and have two fans blowing on  the pile.

Cheryl and Maggie on the couch in the shop:

Have the 32 truck steering to work on today. Worn components!
Happy Easter to all!
 Regards,
 Chris
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 1:16am
That's a nice comfortable couch you have!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 1:04pm
  She can set there and keep a eye on you to make sure you don't get hurt or fasll asleep on the job.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 7:47pm
Folks,
Our Golden Maggie is not a couch dog, never has been never will be. She is getting spoiled more now as she wont be with us long the vet says. She has some steroid meds to help a little and we allow here to stay in the house now. 

So the shop project moves in fits and starts. Working in the loft on the side walls. The east wall is almost done with horizontal hemlock 5 inch showing shiplap. These are the ones that have been brought back to good condition after some mold remedation work. And a tip of the hat to you guys that suggested the Concorbium material. Seems to be very effective:

yes there is some wane on some of the boards, but I am going to be very close on lumber so I need to use it all:

What I do best, rest:

Hope things are good in Orange land!
Thanks for checking on me!
 Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 21 Apr 2022 at 7:49pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 2:31pm
  Really looking good, that overhead is going to make have to set and get more rest.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:00am
t, Folks
Well it feels like I am building the inside of the arc! And the weather is still rainy so I plan to get out and complete the hemlock project in the loft!

Cheryl says this will just be storage, and she is probably correct. Would be kind of neat to have a retreat area, to hide out in!
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 2:49pm
  Can you open & close the door for up there from up there? If you can sure would make a good hiding place and no one would even know you was taking a nap.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 2:09pm
t,
Yes I can easily pull it down closed and the world kind of goes away. Kind of like Maxwell Smarts cone of silence but this one works!
Here is the material I have left over:

Plus one crooked piece of hemlock:

Need to get the ceiling put in at some point too:

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 24 Apr 2022 at 2:42pm
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 11:25pm
Looking good, I like the looks of the wood wall, I went with osb so when it gets dirt and it'll I can paint it and change the color of the wall if I want a different look. Kept taking them there baby step and someday you'll get it like the boss want it. :)

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 5:09pm
tadams, unless he snores too loud!

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:04am
AC Folks,
Well another few moves in the shop.
Last Friday the guy came and ran out the 5 pieces of White standing seam steel 27 feet long for the loft ceiling. Yesterday Jim from Bugs and Tugs, and Austin completed the installation of the loft steel material. I am very happy with the results the recessed lights look good too. 

Austin cutting the two outside panels to width:

Having the right tools and the knowledge sure helped!

Lay out and hand cutting the 5 holes for the lights:

All up and in position. Big thanks to Jim for helping set the lock on the seams!

Regards,
 Chris
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:44am
Looks pretty nice up there and see you have some chairs in case you need a break. Can't be too careful. You certainly have a great shop. When do you think you will officially declare the job finished? How about a christening party?
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:25am
If my shop was as nice as that one, Chris, I'd move in permanently and rent out the house!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 2:37pm
  Sure looks great.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 2:48pm
Folks,
 Thanks,
 Had not thought about a christening party?? Hummm??? Great idea! 
When will it be done? 
Well there could be finished flooring in the loft? 
Then there is the Jib crane to be wired. Maybe that will be about it till I work on storage.
Then the two post 12K lb lift.......
Maybe it will never be done??:)
Thanks for following along. It has been fun for me. 
 Regards,
 Chris
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 2:31pm
Chris, Dave here, sorry I missed this year's tour, but I do have a question or you?  I went on your web site, and I need more of the spicey maple mustard.  Looks like the stock may be low, or out?  If I am correct, are you making more?  Have a hidden stock? Or when able, I need or willing for at least 2 or 3 bottles. Please let me know, save them, and away they will be headed south, toward the burg'.  (that's Pittsburgh area for others)  LOL  Thanks Dave in PA
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 7:01am
Dave,
Sorry about the web store. I need to get in there and get it update too. Spring is always busy with everything. I do have Spicy Maple Mustard available and can ship direct.

Took on another project for this year. Getting a load of siding to trim the house in the same stuff as the shop. Need new windows in there too, as they are 40 years old.

Have our second annual plow days coming up this weekend at the Steam Show in Sagertown PA. May 14 th. Hope to get some pictures.
 But my complaint for the day is that the hosting site Imgur seems to have went belly up. Dang nothing is free, easy or forever!

Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:53am
Folks,
 Well its been 2 years since this shop started to really materialize.  Nic has now completed the electrical work on the Jib crane power, and added another eight foot LED light and outlet above the island in the kitchen. I will be able to put in a drop cord. 

Well I cant seem to get photobucket to add pictures?? So trying new hosting site Postimages recommended by a friend on the Ford Barn forum:

A little finish trim in the loft for the ceiling and most of the basic internals are complete.
Racking, shelves and storage will come along in normal hodge podge fashion. We had two meetings here in the shop over the last week and it was well received. 
Hope everyone has a good summer. Tractor pulls are just starting in our area.

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 20 May 2022 at 7:58am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:04am
Looks Great and you have a real nice mancave upstairs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 56>
  Share Topic