This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 26>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:54am
Freedguy MOVE ................why I am 4th generation on this property, got the 6th running around. Just as simple to kick the Fruits and Nuts out of this great state. I am enjoying the 100 degrees today with no humidity. And bigger than all that I am allergic to snow and cold.

If the property taxes go up to where it costs more than acreage makes they will force me to move. So I am looking at where I would go but no climate that compares. Cry  
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Even the Walmarts hit $3.099 this past weekend, but have since came down to $2.929 this morning Geek. It's not a lot, but I'm going to fill up tomorrow  morning Stern Smile .

Nice to know the oil companies are not taking advantage of me. LOL I payed 4.09 on the weekend. But I am paying a dollar a gal to save the world in carbon tax on top all the other taxes.Cry And it goes up the 1st of July.Angry

MOVE !!!!

Doesn't matter, no matter where you move, idiots will follow, gain (or feign) the majority, and change the laws...Wink 
Isn't it pretty much COMMON KNOWLEDE that Cali is (other than Hawaii) the MOST expensive place in the US to live as WELL as the state where EVERY known processed material in "their state" is KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER WinkWink ??? 
MOVE !!!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Even the Walmarts hit $3.099 this past weekend, but have since came down to $2.929 this morning Geek. It's not a lot, but I'm going to fill up tomorrow  morning Stern Smile .

Nice to know the oil companies are not taking advantage of me. LOL I payed 4.09 on the weekend. But I am paying a dollar a gal to save the world in carbon tax on top all the other taxes.Cry And it goes up the 1st of July.Angry

MOVE !!!!

Doesn't matter, no matter where you move, idiots will follow, gain (or feign) the majority, and change the laws...Wink 
Isn't it pretty much COMMON KNOWLEDE that Cali is (other than Hawaii) the MOST expensive place in the US to live as WELL as the state where EVERY known processed material in "their state" is KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER WinkWink ??? 
MOVE !!!

So you expect that people should move to a different state, away from family, friends and everything they have known their whole life, to save money?

I know some states have a high cost of living (NY is one), but home is home. I may pay more in taxes, but I have absolutely no plan to  move anywhere else. 
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:45am
$3.20 here yesterday for regular 10% alki gas.  $3.08 for something that says 88 on the pump. -- I assume 88 octane which nothing will run on!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:04pm
$2.82 this evening at the local WalMart. 3 cents off of that with a "gift card" payment Smile

Edited by FREEDGUY - 19 Jun 2021 at 7:05pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:31pm
Awaiting week lead up to the Fourth of July
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 10:28am
Gave $4.28 here in Kona Hawaii yesterday
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 2:33pm
Put this in perspective, a Truck brings fuel to stations, those trucks are no different than the fleets I see cannibalizing their machines to keep a majority moving, manufacturers have moved to Light Duty switches working on Can Bus type theory multiple module electronics where a common old style HD switch will not suffice and is no realistic way to hardwire the components as twenty years ago.  Leads into a point MORE machines dead with COMMON cause failures and NO PARTS, so NO FUELS.  Does NOT matter what price the fuel sales can exact should they NOT be able to acquire fuels to sell.

Spoke on this earlier this spring and the Libtards here scoffed it off, welcome to Reality.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Gave $4.28 here in Kona Hawaii yesterday
HOW'S it going over there Thad??!!  Still gots yer boots on?  The IMPORTANT part of the whole thing,,,,,,,, is Jenn happy??
Are YOU enjoying yourself?  The last time I was there was in 1971 when we came back to the states.  Couldn't afford to drink on a 2nd class Electricians Mate salary......
Have a GREAT vacation and ............see you and Jennifer at Hutch?  Bring Joe along?!?!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:53pm
  Everything is shipped into Hawaii, only thing they have is pineapple and nice weather year around
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 6:58pm
last evening the South Bend Walmart (NORTH) was an even $3.00. Today the same place came down to $2.96 Confused.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:47pm
Gas here crossed $2.90/g, fully expect to see that over $3 by next Friday.

Edited by DMiller - 26 Jun 2021 at 7:48pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 8:12pm
My immediate family is headed to Orlando this coming weekend (driving Unhappy) for the ENTIRE week of the 4'th. I shudder to think of the price this coming week Cry .
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 1:45am
Gas has jumped up to $3.35 at almost all the stations, diesel is $3.19.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 4:47am
Found an interesting article...

Once again, gas prices are on the rise. Along with pain at the pump, the costly increase comes with consumer frustration, extensive news coverage, and plenty of fodder for late night talk show hosts and politicians alike.

Here in the beer world, we've seen a recent surge in graphics, t-shirts, and signs emblazoned with the witty saying, "Beer – Now Cheaper than Gas. Drink Don't Drive."

While we certainly appreciate the clever wording we couldn't help but wonder how much truth there is to the claim. Our research shows that it all depends on what you're drinking and how that beer came to be.

The price of gas has already risen by 44 cents per gallon since December, and this past week the national average in the U.S. was $3.72 - 40 cents higher than a year ago, 15 cents higher than the price the previous week and 28 cents away from matching the United States' all-time high of $4.05 (on a national average basis).

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, about 80 percent of the cost that an American consumer pays accounts for crude oil and refining, while 10 percent of the cost covers distribution and marketing and the remaining 10 percent is taxes. In many European countries, taxes are close to 50 percent and prices at the pump are nearly double.

Beer is a different story. When you compare the cost of homebrew to the price of beer purchased in a bar or at a store, the difference is substantial. Approximately 3 percent of the money you pay for a commercial beer covers the ingredients and production, while the rest is for packaging, marketing, and distribution. Regardless of who's doing the brewing, ingredients for a super hoppy double IPA are going to cost about twice as much as the ingredients for something like a blonde ale or cream ale, made with just a single base malt. More complex beers sometimes calI for multiple kinds of specialty grains and an over abundance of hops, further increasing the production costs. This is why craft beers are obviously priced much higher than macro lagers. No matter how you look at the costs, there are far more variances than there are consistencies.

With all of these variables to consider, we decided to stick to what we know and use some real life homebrew and commercial beer examples for the sake of comparison. Here’s what we came up with:

Beer Versus Gas Prices Infographic

In conclusion, if (and only if) you're brewing your own malty beer with well sourced ingredients - beer is cheaper than gas.

If you have a draft system, a ½ keg of non-craft beer may soon be about the same price as gas. If you have a draft system and you're buying ½ kegs of the good stuff, gas will likely always be way cheaper than your beer. Guess that's the price you pay for being a snob.

Bottled and canned beers are not likely to ever be cheaper than buying gas. If it even gets close, driving will be a privilege reserved for the very rich.

We won't call anyone out on their claims, as the statement can technically be true - we just thought it was an issue worth exploring.Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 9:23am
here is a post from ONE YEAR AGO....

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 9:26am
and a month before.... May 2020

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 1:06pm
Oh well  and I was kinda happy to still be  paying $2.77 a gal this morn . Thanks !
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 2:56pm
Wife and I took a trip last week.  On the way home, I filled up in Paducah, KY for $2.64.  When I got into good ol' Illinois, my local price was $3.25.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:30pm
I paid today $1.39.9 litre chepp gas near MONTREAL
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by gemdozer gemdozer wrote:

I paid today $1.39.9 litre chepp gas near MONTREAL

$1.399 x 3.78 (liters per gallon) = $5.29 (Canadian) x .81 (today's exchange rate) = $4.28 per gallon US. 

I guess our gas prices aren't that bad, when compared to the rest of the world.

By the way gemdozer, I live about 70 miles from Montreal - Go Habs !!!

Edited by WF owner - 27 Jun 2021 at 5:52pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 7:03pm

Found an interesting article...

Once again, gas prices are on the rise. Along with pain at the pump, the costly increase comes with consumer frustration, extensive news coverage, and plenty of fodder for late night talk show hosts and politicians alike.

Here in the beer world, we've seen a recent surge in graphics, t-shirts, and signs emblazoned with the witty saying, "Beer – Now Cheaper than Gas. Drink Don't Drive."

While we certainly appreciate the clever wording we couldn't help but wonder how much truth there is to the claim. Our research shows that it all depends on what you're drinking and how that beer came to be.

Thank GOD you did NOT spec YT  propoganda  WinkWink !! TIK TOK might be a better source of your spittle Confused ?

The price of gas has already risen by 44 cents per gallon since December, and this past week the national average in the U.S. was $3.72 - 40 cents higher than a year ago, 15 cents higher than the price the previous week and 28 cents away from matching the United States' all-time high of $4.05 (on a national average basis).

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, about 80 percent of the cost that an American consumer pays accounts for crude oil and refining, while 10 percent of the cost covers distribution and marketing and the remaining 10 percent is taxes. In many European countries, taxes are close to 50 percent and prices at the pump are nearly double.

Beer is a different story. When you compare the cost of homebrew to the price of beer purchased in a bar or at a store, the difference is substantial. Approximately 3 percent of the money you pay for a commercial beer covers the ingredients and production, while the rest is for packaging, marketing, and distribution. Regardless of who's doing the brewing, ingredients for a super hoppy double IPA are going to cost about twice as much as the ingredients for something like a blonde ale or cream ale, made with just a single base malt. More complex beers sometimes calI for multiple kinds of specialty grains and an over abundance of hops, further increasing the production costs. This is why craft beers are obviously priced much higher than macro lagers. No matter how you look at the costs, there are far more variances than there are consistencies.

With all of these variables to consider, we decided to stick to what we know and use some real life homebrew and commercial beer examples for the sake of comparison. Here’s what we came up with:

Beer Versus Gas Prices Infographic

In conclusion, if (and only if) you're brewing your own malty beer with well sourced ingredients - beer is cheaper than gas.

If you have a draft system, a ½ keg of non-craft beer may soon be about the same price as gas. If you have a draft system and you're buying ½ kegs of the good stuff, gas will likely always be way cheaper than your beer. Guess that's the price you pay for being a snob.

Bottled and canned beers are not likely to ever be cheaper than buying gas. If it even gets close, driving will be a privilege reserved for the very rich.

We won't call anyone out on their claims, as the statement can technically be true - we just thought it was an issue worth exploring.Wink

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 7:10pm
Noted on the Highway Station signs while working today, Gas is Higher than Diesel.  

$2.99/9 Dsl   $3.01/9 Gas
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 9:21am
  Ashland yesterday was $3.15 today $2.97 wonder what they will do next, and they are blaming it on no drivers for the trucks
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:09pm
I just paid $2.92 this evening "here".
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 11:02am
Payed 4.16 on Sunday. Yesterday the gas tax had 6 cent increase. Just because politicians never have enough money to waste. This was part of a carbon tax enacted several years ago to save the world. Media says this is for road repair. Which is needed but  Wacko bike lanes and walking trails are now part of roads.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 2:16pm
RAY........ the land of Fruits and Nuts rules !!  Clap   LOL
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 11:53pm
Gas has gone up quite a bit here in Colorado regular is $3.39, Diesel $3.19, will see  what happens in a few days.  News claims it's the truck driver shortage, maybe...

Edited by JohnColo - 04 Jul 2021 at 11:54pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:27pm
My family just got back from a trip to Florida yesterday afternoon. We paid an average of $2.90 from Kentucky south and the Orlando area. As soon as we crossed the Kentucky/Indiana line headed north, the price jumped to $3.25 Angry.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:34pm
man that's CHEAP !! Up here, $5.25+ USD/USG...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 26>
  Share Topic