This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snowed in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snowed in
    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:33am
how many you guys snowed in. 3 ft drifts here, high wnw winds. too cold and windy to get out and move snow. can't see stop sign 1/8 mile down the road. may be mlk day before we get out.

Edited by trace - 18 Jan 2020 at 10:22am
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:42am
trace,
 Not snowed in here. We are down on snow this year. Today is most wintery we have had in a while. 27 degrees ligth wind driven snow but only about 1 inch on the ground.
Throw another log on the fire and try to enjoy it if you can.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:00am
We're supposed to get some snow today. Not sure how much, but we've been getting them damn ice storms which has been keeping me a little more at work than home. I'd rather have the snow than the ice though......
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:02am
I got 4-5" so far and they're saying 3-4" yet to come today. 23* already, but saying a high of 25* expected. Wind ain't bad but still drifting with the fine dry light snow. But But But I'm almost out a chili. Disapprove
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:51am
Here in central Ia., don't feel 'snowed in' but it sure is ugly out there! Got around 6" yesterday with some freezing rain on top. Pheasants are going to be about nonexistent next year. Wind is just howling outside, though it seams to have went down just a little since I got up this morning. This will be a good test for the 720 when I get out to mom's to move snow out there. Not looking forward to that!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:14am
Ice here, no snow, high winds, 40 degrees  now but colder than hell, s'posed to get zero tonight, not looking forward to that.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:21am
Went out at 8:30 and cranked up the WD.  Plowed out the driveway with 3 point blade.  Could hardly stand the  cold wind at the end of the drive way, but got it cleaned.  Weather man said this morning would be the warmest part of the day. Must have 4-5 inches of snow with frozen rain on top.  South central Iowa.
Dennis
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:25am
I don't know how many inches they got up on the flat. I am down in a u shaped bottom. The wind blows over the top of us and dumps the snow on us. I just got in from pushing snow. We've got about a foot down here. It is crusting over now. Did I say, I hate snow about as much as I detest a filthy old goat. I guess I am lucky. It only took me 2 hours with the blade on the pickup and a shovel cleaning up around the mail box. Old gal got out to the shed to work. I outta dig her golf cart outta the snow drift so she don't have to walk back up the hill.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:28am
supposed to get 4-6 inches ,dang sight better than Newfoundland ! They got 3 FEET  and hopefully can dig out before next mess comes ...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:32am
just out with the snowblower. made a path to mailbox to get yesterdays mail, no mail today. looks like an alien planet out there bout worst i've seen out here in 15 years. 5 degrees -20 wc and 47 mph gusts. think i'll stay in and take a nap.
LOADER
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:18pm
We got a little of everything. 3 to 4" of snow,sleet and freezing rain. Temperature is 34 up from 27 this morning. Really a yucky day. I got the 7060 out and plowed some driveways. Snow is like trying to move wet concrete! Put a pot of Chili on the stove and let it simmer. Ate 2 bowls full. Now I might have to take a nap!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:52pm
You could all move over here for the winter not one snow flake no matter how hard Shameless blows his "pretty". ClapIf enough of you come for the Wink March electon coming we could slow the march over the cliff. LOL It is 44 which has me putting more wood on the fire but you tough guys,call that warm.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:11pm
Snowed in here, don't know how much snow but wind from SE yesterday at 40mph, today it is NW at 40, gets you from both ways, maybe see a couple hundred yards, supposed to blow til nite so will wait til tomorrow to clean out.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:47pm
From Michigan, but in Belton Texas. Sunshine and 61 degrees. Think we’ll stay here for a couple months more.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
Snow in here drifts ate hip deep wind blowing 30 mph started with frezzing rain yesterday i wont start a tractor till it stops if you try to open the road in the middle of a blow it just drifts in twice ad dee as it was before you even get back to the house. WD45 with 7' lower is pluged in inside tractor shed and 1 ton dualy with plow is pluged in outside.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:33pm
We got 5 to 6 inches.  Wet heavy stuff.  Really made the little tractor earn her keep.  I cleaned the drive this morning and we've had snow, sleet and rain all day long.  Nothing accumulating just continual.  Making it slick out there, but I don't have to go anywhere so that's fine!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm
Got snow, sleet then rain.  Only about 4" of snow but it is COLD!!  Wind is STILL howling.
Klinemar, I'm coming over for some of that chili!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:15pm
East central Iowa got 4"snow first then the freezing rain. 33 degrees this morning dropping to-1 tonight with high winds all day thru tonight.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:16pm
Got the farmstead plowed out later today. Went into Burt and plowed out a few of the town folks. Some of them I don't know, but you sure can make friends in a hurry by plowing them out.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:36pm
Another sunny, 45 degree day here in Colorado.  I feel for you guys but glad I'm here.  I believe it's all Shameless's fault.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:25am
Yes John we must not forget Shameless at times like this. Hope he's warm.

Edited by chaskaduo - 19 Jan 2020 at 12:25am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:52am
be ALOT of babies made this year!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:58am
leave it to Shameless to find the silver lining in them clouds of white he's famous for !!LOL
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:42am
     Here in central Ohio temp is now 16 degrees, down from 18 at 8:00 AM with 30 mph wind gusts and a few flurries. No accumulation, just feels colder than bejeebers. Supposed to be a high of 20 today. Birds are all over the feeder this morning.
     All you guys with the real winter don't take any chances out there.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:50am
Gotta go and push You know WHO's Dandruff out of the yard today... only 8" deep except where drifted...
 Wonder if Shamerz isn't one of them illegitimate stepchilds from momma nature that gives ye what she wants to and old man winter, Mr. Blizzard...?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:21am
50s and sunshine here in southern Utah....have to put up with it for a couple more months. It is nice to heat the house with a 1500w electric fireplace...and watch the snow fall back in WA, I have 5 Blink cameras up there, so can get an instant pic of the farm anytime I feel the urge! Keep warm!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:29am
got out at 9 am this morning. ol allis started at -5 sitting outside. got scooped out to the road which has not been plowed yet. at least can get out, been home since thurs evening. worst blizzard since we been out here 15 yrs. at least power stayed on for a change.
LOADER
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:27pm
Power went out here at 1:20 am, alarms go off on my Cpap and oxygen concentrator when their switches are on and power goes out. Got the lines changed over to my backup tanks and the power comes back on at 1:45, changed em back at 7 am. Glad I still have a wood burner if I need it.
Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 1:08pm
Hi all good to hear you are all keeping warm in the north here in the Southern Hemisphere it looks like we’re going to get to 80F in the next day or two so time to get the combine harvester out and make a start on the ryegrass keep warm and safe
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:29pm
rub it in, lol. beautiful country new zealand on my bucket list to visit. enjoy the weather.
LOADER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic