This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange noise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange noise
    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:32pm
Dave, I showed this to my wife (grade school/jr high band teacher, and occasional church pianist), she got a giggle out of it.

Last night, my band was playing a gig at a local Knights of Columbus hall.  Our sound engineer was having a heckuva time trying to find a really weird howl...  well, there's spot in the room over on my side, that rings really well at 41hz... that happens to be a TINY SMIDGEN higher than open E on my bass.  After banging his head on the console for a while, he finally came over to my side of the stage tryin' to figure it out.  Well, between the big windows, hardwood floor, and low ceiling, the ringing of my bass (through our subwoofers) was shaking the floor enough to vibrate my microphone stand, and the bass drum mic, and our keyboardist's DI box, and they were all an excellent source of feedback... a much lower, yet much larger vestage of the tuner problem you noticed. Wink
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 2:01pm
Ted J my hearing aid do that only it comes and then goes away and I can't get the hearing aid woman to do anything about it.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:23am
Dave63...    LOLLOLLOLLOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:22am
Dave,,,,,,,,,,,I've had that (almost) same thing happen,,,,,,,,then I turned my hearing aids off.....Problem solved.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:50pm
They say- a BOB -battery operated boyfriend - can make a buzzing noise in a suitcase , travel bag etc,, good thing it was. The app

Edited by DougG - 26 Dec 2019 at 9:00pm
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 7:34pm
My wife played 2 duets on her Sax at our Christmas eve service.  Kept hearing this humming noise.  Sounded like a stalled electric motor.  After the service I walked around trying to pinpoint the noise for awhile. It seamed to come and go.  I could hear it outside when we went out to go home got to thinking it was something wrong with the carlon speaker. We got home and I could still here it.  At this point I started to get a little concerned.  We went inside the house and the sound was even louder there.  I turned the HVAC off to rule that out, still there.   Found it coming from my wife's purse.   Turns out she has a tuning App in her phone she forgot to turn off.   Glad I'm not going nuts.  
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic