This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work
    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 6:10am
Screw it. I ain't going in today.
Wife's got the crud and need to keep an eye on her anyway.
Horrible cough.
May have to go to the ER if it gets any worse.
She says it will pass.....just have to ride it out.
Sounds like me now.
Sponsored Links

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 6:28am
If you think you are going to end up there anyway you need to go ahead and go. And don’t take a chance in it will pass. It may not. Chances are she is dehydrated anyway and will need fluids.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 7:22am
People are dying from the flu this year. ( like all years but a little worse). Not sure how old you guys are, but don’t wait too long.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:54am

NO KIDDING, Fixer,,,it she is bad enough for you to skip work to look after her,,,you oughta go ahead and take her to ER,,,,best be careful with thet Flu stuff this year,,,GO,!!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:27am
Not the flu, not pneumonia. Viral something.
Prescription expectorant.
Doing better this morning, kind of achy but better.
Follow up if it gets worse again.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 8:40am
Health NOT wealth !
If work calls, unless they deem you 'key man' and appropriate pay , tend to the missus.

Life's too short to work it away.....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 8:45am
Viral is leave it run its course and go to Theraflu type stuff for symptoms control. Not much else can do.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:34am
Hope she's better by the end of the day!!  Now just take care of yourself too.  We need ya around
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 11:26am
I'd gladly use the wife as an excuse not to go to work, if I had a wife and a job. Wink Hope she's feeling better and you don't repeat it.

Edited by chaskaduo - 27 Dec 2019 at 11:27am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:03pm
[QUOTE=jaybmiller]
Health NOT wealth !
If work calls, unless they deem you 'key man' and appropriate pay , tend to the missus.

Life's too short to work it away.....
Jay

Family comes first no matter what and always has!!
They should know that by now and if they weren't paying attention all
these years 'tough tittie dumass' you should know better.

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:34am
BUT,,,,,,,Dad used to say, "Who's gonna milk them cows?  Git yer azz out of that bed and git to work!"

All depends on your point of view.....Me, I'd take the cows over the wife...  SSSHHHHs, I hope to anything that she don't read this!!  I'll be one of them guys that they talk about......I'll be up and walking in a couple of weeks.  The doctor said so...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic