This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Invention idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invention idea
    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 10:52pm
I was hauling corn for a neighbor today SO while I was waiting for a load I went to ride along in the combine, climbing up the ladder I lost my cell phone. Realized it was missing as we head down the field, its late afternoon and its dark already. Good thing I had a good idea where we were when I got in the combine went back and called it from his phone and found it laying on the ground, never would have seen it though in the dark, black phone case. I think they should have phone cases with some reflective material on both the front and back. 
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 11:11pm
iPhones have a handy feature that allows you to track them via gps using your specific phone password and someone else’s iPhone. Used the feature to help several people locate their lost phones.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 3:17am

Yeah, Creston,,,my IPhone 8 has that feature and I hope I never have to use it,,,,,,!!
 Now,,if they would invent a tiny GPS that can go on a keychain for when you lose your keys,,,that'd be many wonderfuls,,,,!!!Clap I spend too much time lookin for them friggin keys than anything else,,,,,Wink
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 7:04am
Joe,
 That would be awesome to have a smart key chain. I am sure there working on it! Then just use your cell phone to find your keys!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 7:14am
DJ, they have those already, $10 , that are really BLE ( Bluetooth ) units , so 100' range. Wife grabbed one of mine, put on her keys. Phone can 'buzz' keys, keys can 'buzz' phone. yeah, she's already needed to use it !!

True GPS  units no better than BLE for location if within 100'. I got mine as sample to track the cat...

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:23am
Lucky the phone didn't get flattened by the combine.. My phone fell off my side and went under a bushhog.. Didnt notice it was gone for a while. Searched the area and found several pieces of the case. (That's not good) Then I found the phone laying a little farther away intact. Couldn't believe it. All was ok with it. Had a tiny crack on the screen.
As Jay stated, there is a device called a tile that you can attach to keys or put in a wallet etc that will help you locate the lost item.
The phone gps tracking devices work well.
Our youngest daughter had her phone stolen and she tracked it to the house where the thief was located 30 miles away. Didn't go good for him once the cops showed up. Said he accidentally picked it up but he had tampered with it trying to hide the camera lens. Another good tool is the apps that help locate a lost device. You can send a keyword to your phone via text or email and it will ring at full volume with camera flashing for an extended period or until you shut it off. Even if it was on silent. The app will have the phone send out a gps flare when the battery level is low. You can get the coordinates via email.
One word of advise. Don't take it hunting with you. I made that mistake. Had it on silent, wifey started texting me and it was vibrating in my pocket. A very nice buck had just stepped out in front of me. I sent her a text saying quit...Hoping that she would realize I was hunting. Well it P*#@ed her off...So what does she do?? Yep she sent the keyword to my phone. Deer turns around and walks back where he come from. I can say that it won't happen again LoL!!

Edited by irlbeck A-C'S - 23 Dec 2019 at 8:37am
B,C,CA,(2)WC's,(4)WD's,(2) WD45'S, 45Diesel, (2)D12'S Series 2, D12 Hiclear,(2)D12 Series 3, HD3, D17NF (3)D17 Series 4 Diesels, M-100 Grader,8550,A few Lawn tractors lots of other AC stuff    
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:25am
May be a cell phone case that lights up in the dark so you can see when you call it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:30am

dang, ALL the good ideas are marketed....
cept..
my backup/work lights on 4 pin trailers..NO extra wiring 'black box'.

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 9:47am
I just want to patient the invention that you press the button and your phone, keys, wallet, glasses etc just simply retrieve themselves to your hand.
... now wheres that dam button to press...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:05am
Hay JC
Isn't that called 'the wife' ??

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by DanWi DanWi wrote:

May be a cell phone case that lights up in the dark so you can see when you call it.

There is a setting you can turn on for iPhones that will make the flashlight on the back flash whenever it rings
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 12:22am
I need a couple dozen of those GPS things for all my hand tools!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:26pm
Dewalt now has bluetooth and gps if sombody picks up your tools and leaves it tracks the tool and disables it also pings your phone if you leave it somewhere
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:12pm
I've often thought I'd like to see them sewn to the persons head.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:17pm
At the dealership I worked for, we bought a bunch of cars from a rental company. We found GPS units hidden in several of them. I did call the company.   They told me they usually removed them before they were sold. Someone goofed up and did not get the units removed before we picked them up.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 4:49am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 7:26pm
Hey irlbeck AC  I did the same thing with a flail mower.  Was on the 45 and lost my phone and did not know it.  Then one bolt holding the draw bar fell out (did not have the nuts tight) so stopped and looked for the bolt.  Found the nut and washer, then my cellphone.  The phone was not hurt at all, I was not mad at the bolt falling out anymore.  If I would have continued mowing I would not had any idea where to look for that phone.  Only a 1 acre field but.  I never found the bolt, but very lucky I found the phone in one piece.  New rule, the phone stays in the garage.

The two bolts now have holes in them and cotter pins.  I am 75 but never too old to learn something I guess.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:11am
I've been saying for years,,,,,,,you should be able to push a button on the TV and the remote would go 'Ding, DIng, DING, until you shut it off.....
There's lots of apps out there to help you find stuff, but ONLY if someone walks within 30' of it.  What good is that?  Had a buddy lost his car,,,,no keys, but one of them things you gotta have in your pocket,,,,,, he lost it on the golf course.  We never did find it and it had one of them gps things on it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 2:16pm
Maybe he was in the water after a lost ball when he lost his keys and that's why the GpS thing wasn't working
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic