This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F2 Cylinder Speed ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F2 Cylinder Speed ??
    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 4:42pm
What is the lowest rpm's that is acceptable to run the cylinder in corn? I was able to finish dads 32 'ish acres a week ago tomorrow with an speed of 455 rpm's to get a pleasant bin sample. Too late now to worry as the corn is dried in the bin and no damage to the old gal, but have been wondering if there is a "minimum" ?? Thanks
Sponsored Links

MattLF9 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattLF9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:22pm
You could probably run 350 rpm but I know with the big pulley it still won't run that slow.
I run my F as slow as I can in corn and I wish it could go about 100 rpm slower.
On my N5 I have run the rotor speed at 200-250 rpm in very dry corn.
Really is no minimum rpm, its just what it takes to do the job with the moisture factored in.
A little CQB never hurt anybody.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:59pm
With a chain drive on cylinder, you can get down around 200-250.     MACK
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:28pm
What is a pheasant bin sample?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

I have no clue, perhaps you need better spectacales Wink ??
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

so true... Hahaha. Okay then, what is a “pleasant grain sample?” Some split kernels, cob pieces, stems, ...?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 8:36am
To me, a sample is good when you look at your ticket and have no dockages that are within your control.  Getting "better" than that can fluff your ego, but not really purposeful.  JMO
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 10:52am
As always, some real good advice provided.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:02pm
Not ac, but I always ran my IH 101 at 488 rpm with cylinder concave as open as possible to shell without grinding up the kernels. --- When you see whole cobs on the ground behind you and not many kernels left on them, then you have it right!
Not sure what my N-5 is set at, but a guy down the road used it and said it did great job for him,--I have never used this machine myself, so have no idea about them.
I wouldnt go too slow, puts more strain on chains/sprockets etc.! -- Concave settings are quite critical. --- more so than cylinder speed.   Just my 0002!

Edited by ac fleet - 19 Dec 2019 at 1:04pm
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 5:40pm

so true... Hahaha. Okay then, what is a “pleasant grain sample?” Some split kernels, cob pieces, stems, ...?

NO cobs of any kind,minimal splits (heard this was an issue for most this season) and nary a stem piece until got into the "laying flat" corn that threw 4 rows of stalk and all into the throat, flipped the door open once Confused, couldn't press the clutch in fast enough(gear drive).
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:26pm
the k's and f's had a 20 inch pullley for hightr moisture corn that should get you down below 300 rpm the are not that common what size do you have 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

To me, a sample is good when you look at your ticket and have no dockages that are within your control.  Getting "better" than that can fluff your ego, but not really purposeful.  JMO

Has been our experience that the elevator/ethanol plant can come up with "some" kind of dock Ouch .
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by wheatbreeder wheatbreeder wrote:

the k's and f's had a 20 inch pullley for hightr moisture corn that should get you down below 300 rpm the are not that common what size do you have 

We run a 20" for corn and beans. I guess my original question is/was what is the slowest rpm's that a cylinder can run and still keep material away from the feeder beater and not plug the cylinder/concaves ? 
Thanks for all of the replies Big smile
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:52pm
you will plug the feeder beater first that is the bottle neck not the cylinder 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:22am

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Has been our experience that the elevator/ethanol plant can come up with "some" kind of dock Ouch .
Well, we all have our crosses to bear.  That's why I said "in your control".  When it comes to setting a combine, you can't control what your moisture is, what your test weight is......also can't control some elevators do.  But control what you can.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 1:47pm

NO cobs of any kind,minimal splits (heard this was an issue for most this season) and nary a stem piece until got into the "laying flat" corn that threw 4 rows of stalk and all into the throat, flipped the door open once Confused, couldn't press the clutch in fast enough(gear drive).
Uniquely uncommon corn season then? Sounds like your gleaner was set as good as might be expected. In most cases, a 20” or even a 16” cylinder drive belt pulley can produce low enough corn cylinder speeds. Like others said already, it’s good to have cylinder speed inertia available at all times. You probably already know, but concave/cylinder SPACE seems to be equally if not more important for best closed throat gleaners & their threshing results. That includes WIDE SPACED RIB rasp bars, CORRECT concave numbers/arrangements, LEVEL cylinder HEIGHT, & CONSTANT crop feeding, are all very helpful.

Edited by AC7060IL - 20 Dec 2019 at 1:51pm
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:46pm
You aren't the only one. Here is the biggest Deere built, an S790, and it could only go about 1 mph at certain spots of down corn because it was slugging up the corn head auger.
[TUBE]sh4FDtv-Rko[/TUBE]

-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:14pm

Uniquely uncommon corn season then? Sounds like your gleaner was set as good as might be expected. In most cases, a 20” or even a 16” cylinder drive belt pulley can produce low enough corn cylinder speeds. Like others said already, it’s good to have cylinder speed inertia available at all times. You probably already know, but concave/cylinder SPACE seems to be equally if not more important for best closed throat gleaners & their threshing results. That includes WIDE SPACED RIB rasp bars, CORRECT concave numbers/arrangements, LEVEL cylinder HEIGHT, & CONSTANT crop feeding, are all very helpful.

You DO live in the USA ,don't you Ermm ? Did you not have a HORRIBLE planting season for I would guess 90% of the corn belt ?? What is your problem with my post dude ???? Please tell me what a wide spaced "rib" bar is Confused . We run wide spaced CYLINDER bars an 2 CONCAVE bars in corn FYI Wink
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:22pm

You DO live in the USA ,don't you Ermm ? Did you not have a HORRIBLE planting season for I would guess 90% of the corn belt ?? What is your problem with my post dude ???? Please tell me what a wide spaced "rib" bar is Confused . We run wide spaced CYLINDER bars an 2 CONCAVE bars in corn FYI Wink
I honestly wasn’t trying to aggravate you by my postings. I was just trying to share. So, I whole heartily apologize if I said anything offensive. Yes, my 2019 season was a challenge too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic