This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Annual Boring post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Annual Boring post
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:58am
Would you believe it is time AGAIN for me to make my annual boring post This Thursday will be my 86th Birthday. I find it very hard to believe I have lasted that long. I thank the Heavens for giving me a healthy life.
Again I wish to thank Darin for making this site available to us for our discussions and exchange of ideas and information on our common interest - Allis Chalmers farm and industrial equipment. Also, I want to thank the forum members for being so accepting of my input to this board - since 1994. I cannot tell you how much pleasure I have derived from being a member. I have developed a network of friends throughout the world who enjoy talking Allis-Chalmers. Using this site we have been abe to start the Mid Atlantic Allis Chalmers Club - which will host an upcoming Gathering of the Orange.
Let me take his opportunity to again thank my forum members. It has indeed and will continue to be a pleasure to be a part of this forum.
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to all.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Sponsored Links

allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:05am
I wish you a very happy birthday,Christmas and a prosperous new year and many thanks to YOU for being the gentleman you are. You are a blessing and a breath of fresh air to us. My AC hats off to you!
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:08am
Thanks for posting Bill, your posts are always interesting to read and I enjoy them very much. Your recollections of the past are great - I don't have your favorite, a B, but I do have a C that I bought 10 years or so ago from a fellow forum member and its been such a good tractor that I have to say it is my favorite of my small fleet of 3 Allis'. Unfortunately last year I taught my wife how to mow the pastures with it and now I get a lot less seat time. Bad move.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

cheers,

Creek
Have spacesuit, will travel
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:16am
Happy birthday Bill!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:16am
Happy BIrthday Bill....... always enjoy your posts... Hope to see another "annual" next year !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:25am
Happy "almost" Birthday Mr Bill!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:24am
Happy Birthday, Bill.  Always enjoy your posts as it's always interesting to hear from some one who was directly involved with our favorite orange equipment.  I've got quite a fleet of orange (and early Allis green!) on my small farm, including three of your favorite 'B'.  All still earn their keep.  Some more than others.
And I'll add a Merry Christmas here also!!Big smile
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:07am
Happy Birthday Bill. We are here every day just to see if one of your boring posts make the scene. Keep up the good life and keep informing us. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
GregStremel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregStremel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:13am
Happy birthday!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
Happy birthday to the most honorable statesman of the Allis world that I can think of.  I too, make it a point to read each of your posts, as I know there will always be something valuable to learn from you.
I hope that you have a great birthday, and years ahead.  
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
Happy Birthday to you, Mr. Long!

We enjoy your posts and I always enjoy what you have to share.
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:56am
Happy birthday  to you  Bill  Also  known as  Mr. Long ..  And  may you  have  many  more  .  Tony  &  Nonnie      in  Oregon .. 
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:55pm
Bill, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas a little early. It has been an honor meeting you and communicating with you. As we both age, opportunities to meet again in person may be few or none. But we will have the memories of meeting in Wisconsin many years ago. Bob@allisdowneast.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:56pm
Bill,
 Always good to hear from you! Especially as your birthday is near! Have a good one and many more to come.
Merry Christmas to you and to you and your family! 
May the Allis B's, your favorites, keep chugging along like you!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
Bill, wishing you a Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, I hope many to follow! God Bless, Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:35pm
The Allis B came out in 1937, and Bill Long arrived in 1933, so........ That means that the Allis B is the best thing to come along since Mr. Bill Long!!!!!   
They are both wonderful additions to our world.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 3:32pm
Happy Birthday Bill !  You are a real gentleman !!  your forum friend Mark
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:07pm
I've been reading your annual boring posts for most of 20 years now.  Always happy to see the next one. May your days be blessed!
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:10pm
Happy birthday Bill. I always enjoy your kind words and extensive knowledge of our favorite tractors.......especially those little B's.๐Ÿ˜Š
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:28pm
Happy Birthday, Bill.  Looking forward to more of your posts.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.  Dan Hauter.
JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:38pm
Happy birthday Bill!!!! Merry Christmas & God Bless!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm
Happy birthday. Enjoy YOUR day.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
Bill, itโ€™s been said above how we all feel about you and your thoughts and inputs. You are certainly a main artery in the heart of this incredible Allis Chalmers site. Happy birthday my friend and please keep your input flowing our way! Captain Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:05pm
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas Bill- looking forward to next year's installment
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:16pm
Happy birthday! As an owner of a couple of Bs I have always appreciated your advice, input, and memories about them.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:20pm
Early Happy Birthday Bill!  And while I'm at it Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  I have a couple B's one nice and shiny, the other not so much.  The first tractor I ever rode was a late 30's B, still have a picture of me on it at 4  or 5 years old.
Thank you for all your input over the years and I hope you will continue to grace us with your presence for many years to come!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:32pm
Happy Birthday Bill !!! We wait all year to read your Boring post . I have always loved the stories of unloading the railcars . What a sight it must have been . Keep the stories coming.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
I would like to wish Bill a very Happy birthday and Merry Christmas .
A happy New Year filled with fun , joy and good health.

Edited by WD45 - 10 Dec 2019 at 7:46pm
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
Happy Birthday Bill,  I think about you when I get down your way but I seam to always be on a mission and time is not on my side.  I will stop in to see you one day though, I added a D10 and a CA this year to my herd. Hope I can have all of them presentable for the GOTO. I look forward to seeing you.  Merry Christmas and good luck
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
ErikR View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:47pm
Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and have a great New Year..

Erik
Cable, WI
1950 B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic