This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got the d15 hone and this happened?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the d15 hone and this happened?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:47am
To full?
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 5:42am
YUCK... that'll take a few minutes to clean up.... yuck.......
 I don't know how much should be in there but yes, maybe you had too much. Need room for expansion when oil gets hot. Maybe 3" below filler is 'full'.
Others with same loader will chime in....
I use sawdust to soak up , then us it as fire starter....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 7:03am
Is the oil milky colored or frothy? Can't really tell from the photo, it is likely over full but could have some water leading to over full, or an air leak causing foaming. Does the reservoir use both towers? If so how does the oil cross over and could the crossover be restricted, Water froze in it? I believe your temps have dropped the last couple days like ours have.

TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:37am
Hoses around the pump are likely hard from being old or hard because of cold, or both.
Especially that suction hose (larger) as it is somewhat soft and pliable to begin with.
Might want to check and replace on a warm day, the same warm day you can refill with the same 821 fluid in the trans/hydraulics of the tractor as the hose connections can suck air, moisture in that air. Originally called for SAE 10, non-foaming and I have had no issues with the 821 and we get into the teens at times down here.
Good idea to drop the screen element for cleaning, the one in the tower and hope it is still in place as some just pulled them out and did not reinstall vs. cleaning.
Get her hot with some use and change the fluid again so as to get as much moisture out as possible.
From top: washer, screen, spring and bottom plug. Washer is mandatory . . . .
May want to soak the breather cap in gas overnight as well, to remove oil/hydrates from pushing fluid out the cap as that old oil will collect dust.
PM me if you want OEM pages from the 400 Series manual scanned, or I can photocopy the book and send to you.
Tim
mike 44 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:17am
Yes oil was milky when I bought tractor.. drained the tower and started it up and the oil poured out, also loader goes up kinda choppy not smooth
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:00am
I know a guy that had moister in his tractor hydraulic system.
He put BBQ briquettes in grill with legs removed, let the flame extinguish, slid under tractor, put some windbreak around it and kept adding briquettes and changed out the oil.

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:51pm

I'd go with the 'moisture' in the oil. Frozen in the New York cold spell.

Gary
mike 44 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:23am
best way to get out the water?
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:22pm
Got to get it to a place where it is well above freezing an let it set long enough to be sure any ice has melted then drain it. Drain every low point you can and leave the drains open for a while. Close it up and fill with fresh oil to the proper level. You might add a couple cans of Seafoam Trans Tune, some have reported good results using it to get moisture out. Unless you go to the extent of disconnecting and draining every hose as well as disconnecting cylinders and stroking them by hand to get the oil out, you might have to change it a couple times to get all the moisture out. The other part, after it is refilled, is it needs to be worked enough to get and keep, it up to temperature for a time so as evaporate any remaining moisture off. Just my thoughts, others may differ.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic