This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remote or spin on filter adaptor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote or spin on filter adaptor
    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:10am
Has any here ever seen a spin on conversion for the 344/7000 series engines? or a remote head adaptor? The brute on the 7G is such a witch to get in and out of the hardnose or to drain off to get it out, always a royal mess.
Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:49am
I have seen the 11000 engines, and the bigger 21000s with spin on filters, but I don't know what conversion they were using.  I'm sure the Detroit spin on adapters would work on some of the filter heads, as they do use the same filter.  Just google Detroit 471 spin on conversion and you'll see them.  The later 685 and 6138 engines did have spin on filters.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 12:36pm
Just need to see how much information is on the filter makers web site about what volume of flow and how fine a micron filter you want. Or if you had a master cataloge from a filter company. Find the filter first then look for a base that will fit it.My cousin showed me all this in old days when he worked for the fuel distbuter and sold Baldwin filters.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 12:42pm
Had seen that as the same cartridge, just wondering of the cannister types if those were an interchange?

OB1303 conversion kits are still available. Less than $100.

https://dieselpro.com/detroit-diesel-25010854-oil-filter-adapter.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic