This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7G, hoping for the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:41am
JohnCo, did anything ever happen with that 7G up at Grand Lake? Somebody finally drag it off to the scrapper?
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:00pm
I don't know.  Orange blood went up and looked at it but I think he thought it was not worth the work involved in getting it out of the site.  More then likely it is still there unless a local guy with the right machinery got it. Seem to remember it was missing some parts.
BTW, I just looked up Orange Blood, he hasn't been on since Oct 31, hope is is OK.

Edited by JohnCO - 14 Dec 2019 at 6:05pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:55pm
Well success. Short test run, has all ranges F & R, no leaks noted but not run all that long, Lunch Date with Wife!!

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:46pm
Merry Christmas from you to you
HD3
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:58pm
Thanks, Needed this!!
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 2:33am
When does the post mortem start on the other transmission?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 9:26am
After I complete the work already started. Rails, Exhaust, Cage, Radiator. By the Brass/Bronze in drain oil was a Clutch pack or a Bushing/Thrust washer.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Dec 2019 at 9:27am
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 11:05am
Good to see you got her going Dave. And hopefully she works ok for you now. Interesting that it has the shifter just like a HD11EP. Totally different to a HD6EP which is same transmission as yours. On a 6EP shifter works in a straight line  2F  1F  N  1R  2R
Anyhow is time for some family time now.
Quite enjoy reading your posts; Safe and merry christmas to you and yours.
Cheers from the bottom of the world
Merv
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 1:20pm
Ian and Merv, I feel HONORED, you guys just don't pop in as used to.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
DMiller

Has something to do with droughts

Merry Xmas to all

And check the photo

“Same guy must have fabricated the impeachment charges? ”

In comments at

https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/126475-awesome-fabricator/?tab=comments#comment-1367019

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 10:18am
Have seen as bad, are some do not deserve the tools!! Any hope on exit from your weather Ian? Prayers for all concerned.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 12:00pm
Hi Dave; yeah summertime down bottom of world so weve all been working trying to make a $$ to carry us through the winter !
Same with MacTractor; we are in same town. Hes been driving tractors for a ag contracting mate. Ive been driving a digger and bulldozer for a quarrying mate.
Also i spend abit of time on facebook. Is ALOT of machinery sites on there, and alot of people like us there.  Favorite one. . . Allis Chalmers crawler tractors.  Look it up, lots of storys and pics there.  Same with IH crawlers.
Cheers to all.  Merv

tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 2:09pm
Merry Christmas to All of you as well. Will have to look up the Faceplant sites!!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 12:27am
Merv, whats a digger?  A wheel loader or excavator (track hoe)?
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:42am
Diggers is the southern hemisphere terminology for tracked excavators.; or your tracked hoes.  Hoes is a word 'never' used here; as its a word usually refered to males who have 'gone to the dark side of the force' ! ! 
Diggers are super super popular down here as they are the most common earthmoving machine by far. Everything from 1.7 tons to 40 tonners  [metric tons 1000kg not your short tons]
 are very common. Is bigger ones around 40 to 100 tons but they usually peramently live in mines or quarrys.   Was even a Hitachi Ex3500 in nz 350 tons.
I have never gone down the digger road; as all my other earthmoving mates own them. I just stuck to bulldozers and towed scoops. As i prefered to work with them not against them. They compliment each other diggers and dozers. Digger can reach up high and pull dirt down. Bulldozer can push it away to fills, and compact it while doing it.
All my terrain is all very hilly and steep.
Have spent 30 odd years around diggers so can operate them fairly well.  So get alot of work from mates driving theirs; when my bulldozing work is quiet.
Cheers boys. Christmas day here today; we are a day ahead of you guys in the northern hemisphere; so best i go to start cookn my ham !

tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
Just to add to the confusion John, down here, war veterans involved in trench warfare were also known as 'diggers'. Also with that title were people who earned a living digging up bits of solidified gum from swampland from a species of pine around a hundred years ago. Merry Christmas to all.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 5:22pm
Merry Christmas to All!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:15pm
Thanks for the info!  In this part of the world,Hoe's, spelled Ho's are women who make their living at the worlds first profession (not farming) LOL
Merry Christmas a few hours late!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 5:25pm
Went to barn while sunny and warm, dragged out, rolled and hauled the rails to the Shop. Donor is starting to get Skimpy as to snatch-ables. Rail stone guards will come off tomorrow.

My pickup was NOT a happy camper, nor the 180 for loading them. Best can tell and remeasured today is shoes are Crap but will do, rails measure New, look almost new. Lower rollers on trucks may be one or two can raid for spares.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 5:30pm
S/N of running machine 24475, verified with Mirror over the rear counterweight. S/N of donor 100 lower, 24375

Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 2:23am
Thanks for the progress reports Dave. Good suspension in your F250. Don't look sagged with them track rail and shoe assemblies aboard! Impressive.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 8:51am
Put new springs under a few years ago as had a few busted leaves(NOT that I would EVER Overload it!!), seems it stands as a 350 height wise, just no cab marker lights to show that consideration. It is 20 now, and getting tired also Salt Cancer has arrived en'mas, will not be long before has to Go Away.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
Holidays getting away so spent a little more time on the Donor, snagged the rail guards off yesterday, have the brackets to add them onto the runner, need to see if can get the bolt holes cleared on the runner roller retainer blocks to add the mid rail guards. Went out this morning block the lift arms, rolled the hard nose pulled the generator and good timing as bearings shot, modified bracket and alternator should work fine, just have to Coil the mount holes in the block, lower 1/3 of radiator is darn near solid and good timing to drag it out as well. Drain and pull it next to hack away the loose eroded nose pivot bolts.

What is it with the old guys, the hard nose bolts are supposed to have a tapered washer inside the frame, must have been too much to ask to put them back in when had hard nose off long ago, both the donor and the runner they were missing.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm
WAY Worse looking once out, currently fan hub and idler are off to locate excessive end play(over 1/8" on fan hub. Close to three gallon bucket of garbage from behind chin region, needed that out to hack on the nose pivot bolts.

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 1:35pm
Congratulations on the great project. I am in awe of the talent involved in a project in this much detail. thank you for sharing the timeline of the project. My repairs on my HD16DC have not been just cosmetic but nothing internal on tranny or engine.

Tracks, final drives, track adjusters, electrical, seats, linkages and gauges along with a 100 small leaks sealed or in process of sealing. Love every minute of working on my girl.

Keep up the great work. Wishing everyone a Safe, Healthy and Happy New Years.

Work safe as no one wants to hear of anyone getting hurt.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 6:36pm
Going to add some drain holes in that chin region, no reason cannot have them even as is welded support structure, trying to minimize the level of buildup crap in there.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 12:26pm
Very productive morning. Managed to remove the fan hub end cap(Like a frost plug) and not destroy it, got the hub disassembled and awaiting bearings, had to mine for gold there too to find the lock bail of the rear retainer, The Cork seal may become a issue to locate something compatible to exchange with.
Got all aligned yesterday with a exchange O2 tank to hack the hard nose pivot bolts, five or six years back tried to loosen or tighten these and would NOT move, today while rotating the bolts to clean off oily dirt the Right nut moved, came away easily, performed same on Left, magically they both came out, hardnose on the floor. Have parts coming from Minnpar so all ahead stop until those arrive and then will take down some more. Located two small fuel leaks, on the return jumper Inj pump to Filter head, should have grommets somewhere in my tool box for that style.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 6:48pm
More progress!

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:46am
Also found part of the cause for oily buildup, fuel return line end grommets done, leaking ever so slightly but in multiple points so leaving a drizzle to adhere dirt. Parts coming for those too.

Managed to offload all the tinwork sitting on my trailer, old hardnose outside, replacement off donor in shop awaiting some heli-coils and cleanup.

Edited by DMiller - 06 Jan 2020 at 11:47am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 5:31pm
Run around day, chase this, look for that, get home to neighbor needing a rusted out gate patched(Tube type), used some leftover gauge steel off the grain body rebuild and had him gone in a hour. Then found this. was on the phone and on the PMs to see what can get to replace.

Dr Allis was informative as was All States Ag Parts tech Travis. NOT a direct match but a defined better way to go that I am currently at.

Saw it as was sizing up replacing the exhaust elbow that someone in the past fabricobbled from a piece of square and a piece of round pipe.

Old one is a T0448, HORRIBLY out dated and obsolete by Garrett, replacement is actually for a 3500 series engine and a T04B80. Turbo coming from All States Ag parts, elbow repair pieces from my steel supplier.

Edited by DMiller - 06 Jan 2020 at 5:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic