This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 655 Shuttle Clutch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 10:55pm
if you checked pressure at the filter and only got 60 then it appears like problem is back toward the pump. I an wondering if the back end of the pump which is for the convertor side is driven by a keyed shaft and the key could be sheared ? I will look it up on my parts book and see . this is stumping me also.
Sponsored Links

Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:36pm
when the problem first happened after operating 30 minutes , did the hydraulics for the loader bucket loose its power ?
Big Jim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:15am
the picture in the parts manual shows where it is.
Mikeys250 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeys250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:50am
No the loader hydraulics stay strong at all times.
I really think I’m gonna find this sump screen clogged and starving the pump for fluid. Since I had 150psi and I drained the fluid and I dropped to 50psi I think more settled on the screen when the fluid was drained.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:41pm
My parts manual for the HD4 shows the screen assembly to be in line just short of the bend in metal line where it turns down to the sump. My HD 4 dozer does not have a screen in the line . I think many screens were eliminated by the owners . Might be some type of screen in the tube attached to the sump pan.
Mikeys250 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeys250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:05pm
The way I’m looking at mine it looks like it’s either bolted to the bottom of the rear compartment or inside the compartment.
Big Jim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:06pm
If you go down the line to the rubber hose. The hose goes on the cover asy.
The cover is held on with 8- 5/6 bolts.                                          the screen is inside.
Mikeys250 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeys250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm
So I’m gonna loose all the fluid when I do that correct?
Big Jim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:33pm
I hate to tell you, yes.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 9:27pm
should be a drain plug on bottom of torque tube . use a plastic drain pan to save the fluid .
Mikeys250 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeys250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:30am
Ok folks. I haven't made it the sump yet but I have another question yall might can help me with.

Does anybody know of a boneyard or anything that might have used loader buckets that will fit this tractor? Once I get it all running right I would like to put a 4 in 1 on it since its already plumbed for it.
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:30am
HD3
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 9:17pm
Blount used parts, Hoboken, GA. HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Mikeys250 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeys250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:33pm
Well I got the pressure up to about 230psi finally. Found the sump clogged and the line comes from the pump to the winch control valve and I was loosing pressure somewhere in the winch or valve so I bypassed they winch valve completely. Now I have full power in reverse all the time and only full power forward until the fluid gets up to temp. Stumped again. I’m chasing my tail it feels like
Mikeys250 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeys250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:34pm
Correction. I had the pressure up. I took the gauge off and started working it. Strong when cold but I put the gauge back on and I’ve lost pressure again. Also have a whining sound coming from valve once hot. Maybe the relief is sticking?
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:47pm
May need to take the shuttle shift valve apart to find problem . could be broken springs or gunked up.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:54pm
or could be yet a problem in sump , lines , or even the filter . At least you know you can get pressure and clutches are ok.  Hang in there . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic