This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to attach rear glass to hinge on allis 7000?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to attach rear glass to hinge on allis 7000?
    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:57pm
How to you attach the rear glass to the hinge on a allis 7000 the side glass looks to be some kind of rivett , I asked my dealer and he said use bolts and nuts ?
Sponsored Links

Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:51pm
You Can Get Rivets Bushings And Washers From Agco
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Alvin M Alvin M wrote:

You Can Get Rivets Bushings And Washers From Agco
Thanks, I looked them up on agco parts book but how do they install I guess just like side windows are made I can look at that
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:55pm
Yes Same As Side Windows
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:37pm
Wink Not knowlegable on a tractor so may be all wrong. But on a MH Gleaner I have done the side window you open to check the return elevator. Plane old aluminum pop rivits worked for me. I believe I have done it twice by now. 
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
Have saw them explode using pop rivets.      MACK
REEDE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 6:54am
We use # 10-32 machine screws  and nuts , can not remember the length of the screw. 
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:44pm
If they are like the 8000 series back window then you need wide flange aluminum rivets w/aluminum pins(not steel) and they have plastic bushings that fit inside the holes on the glass to add a little support.  Nobody locally had that length aluminum rivet w/wide flange so we ordered a box of them from McMaster Carr.
Manchester Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manchester Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:17pm
I had to replace the hinge on my 7040 back window 2 years ago.  Got the hinge and rivets from a local A/C guy.  He said to use a hand operated riveter and get the rivets tight but do not pull them tell they pop.  Seems to be holding fine.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 6:52pm
Do you know if you buy 8000 window or hinge from agco, does it come with rivets an hardware stuff.
How's the hinge attached to tractor

Edited by Mikez - 03 Oct 2019 at 9:51pm
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:50pm
I'm not sure what comes with a factory window.  I priced one for our 8000 series and then bought a new back window from All States Ag Parts, it cost $215 for the glass only(shipping would have been cost another $100+ so I picked mine up at their warehouse).  I bought rivets from McMaster Carr.  I ground off the old rivets to reuse the hinge and saved the plastic bushings that fit inside the rivet holes.  I set the hinge on the window making sure I had it the right way, inserted all the rivets and plastic bushings, and then fit the steel washer on the rivet and riveted every other one, and then came back and did the rest.  The hinge has narrow slits on the side away from the rivets and those slits fit onto a u-shaped bracket at the top of the window opening.  It takes two people standing on sturdy step ladders to safely tilt the window out to almost level in order to line up the slits with the bracket.  
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:40pm
Thanks Pete, we ordered one from agco and we pecked into the box an hinge and handle is on it
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:47am
I ordered and used the rivets and bushings from agco , I was nervous about breaking the glass but all went well, Thanks all for the help!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic