This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facebook Marketplace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facebook Marketplace
    Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 12:59am
Any of you looked there?  A coworker turned me on to it...wow! The amount of local/regional AC stuff!  Beats the snot out of craigslist..

Check this out...most of this stuff less than an hour from me..

If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 6:03am
Only place to look anymore.  Craigslist is so full of junk and spammers.
AaronSEIA
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 6:29am
I guess I am a little late to the game!  Oh well not the first time..
If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
ac160 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 6:44am
Originally posted by TomYaz TomYaz wrote:

I guess I am a little late to the game!  Oh well not the first time..

Your not late to the game.  I don't even have a facebook account.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:03am

Just go to   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace   on the internet. you can choose your area etc.  That is what I do.

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:45am
Yep face book is beating craigs list thumbs down.

can't get a hit on the cargo cover for a venza though.  Confused

Edited by Dave H - 14 Sep 2019 at 7:47am
randy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:55am
My son listed a couple of things for me for sale, a 60 sheets of old roofing tin and a 75 gallon transfer fuel i had been trying to sell for quite a while and sold the tin in 45 minutes and 2 days for the fuel tank. Both were good buyers to deal with.
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:48am
Not TOO late, Tom - getting there is getting there lol. I just "discovered" it back when I put out a "Wanted" on Craigslist, the eventual seller contacted me and told me to go to Fakebook Marketplace, I've had an account for years but rarely use it and had no idea about marketplace. So I bought that All-Crop 13-7 grain drill from him. NOT a lot of Allis stuff there, but it's better than anywhere else including CL. At least locally.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 10:09am
Do you have to join facebook to look at or use the marketplace?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 12:11pm
Just go to   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace   on the internet. you can choose your area etc.  That is what I do.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 12:27pm
I look on both, but I just sold a car on CL 2 days after listing, first caller.  I gotta question some of the stuff on FB MP the prices seem very low for what the item is.  Stolen?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 1:13pm
john(MI),  as always,  buyer beware. Thumbs Up
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:11pm
The search on facebook will turn up a lot of unrelated crap.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:26pm
Yeah that's that hash tag game everybody thinks will draw more lookers to their posting. I think it is abused myself.
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:27pm
Sold some IH pistons , worked out great. But, tried to sell a cast iron Crawler, got 3 bidders but none of them would follow threw and pay, all of them made excuses to get out of it.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 9:56pm
I ain't a Facebook member. I can only see the listings. When I click on them, they will not load.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 5:35am
me neither.....I don't need everyone in the World having easy access to my personal info...
I am surprised the wife's not on it 24/7 though....
hmmm..
maybe that's a good thing !

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 8:42am
You can put as much,or as little personal information on facebook as you prefer.
One advantage over CL,is that you can view the persons profile to see what kind of person you are dealing with,as opposed to flying blind on CL.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 10:24pm
In my area I find a lot more Allis stuff on Facebook than I do on CL.
I just bough a TL12 a couple weeks ago through Facebook.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Ed&Sherry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed&Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:50am
can you look in other areas beside just the 100 mi from your sign in area?
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:00am
Yes, some are in MD, VA, WV, ME - you're a little over 100 miles from me, so... I say yes.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:16am
I'm on FB, ---Bout to quit again--- the whole fb is the biggest scam out there. CL is a much better place.---Ya scammers on there too, just gotta watch yourself.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:41pm
Gotta weed through and sniff out the bad deals,, very easy to see the bad stuff
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:18am
I've heard so many horror stories over the years about that facebook, that the wife and I don't even get involved with anything like that. These scammers, all they do is work at getting into peoples accounts all day. They need to get a real job and stay outta' peoples business. The next thing ya know, they have your SS number and that's all she wrote!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

I've heard so many horror stories over the years about that facebook, that the wife and I don't even get involved with anything like that. These scammers, all they do is work at getting into peoples accounts all day. They need to get a real job and stay outta' peoples business. The next thing ya know, they have your SS number and that's all she wrote!
Steve@B&B

People don't need to work very hard at getting your personal information. It was just revealed to the public, that the State of Illinois DNR released( actually just made public, if you looked) the names, address and social security numbers of anybody that has a registered boat in the State.
 They claim they have fixed the problem, Pfffttt!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:42am
I have stayed away from it also in spite of the prodding that I needed to get up to speed.  After seeing Tom's posting, I decided to take a peek and liked what I saw on the Market Place.  So....... I weakened and signed up.  Apparantly they have a "probation" period and now I can't access.  I can not even follow up on a couple of "messages" I initiated execpt those that had progressed off the site.  Thought I would just use "chaskaduo" suggestion again and now blocked there also. Easy fix, just delete the membership and found that is not as easy as the couple of "clicks" it took to sign up...By the way, "chaskaduo," is that like Chaska MN/Twincities/Mpls/St Paul?  Dale
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:03pm
I bought a 2002 Ford F150 as well as the Allis 5020 thru the facebook market place. Dixie sold several household items also. I look at it most days. Most items are to far away for me now.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:04pm
Yep Dale, that's Elliott Chaska Jr. They hung my Great Great Grandpappy at Fort Snelling. No just kidding. I'm not sure if I have much Indian in me. I hear tell that the Indians would name their son after the first meaning full thing they encountered in the morning of the birth, and that my ancestors were traders along the river and so the son was named Chaska, who later became a Chief of the tribe. This may not be true, I don't know for sure, but it sounds just as good as they hung my Great Great Grandpappy at Fort Snelling of which I understand there was a hanging of such but it was all a mistaken identity thing. OK more than you wanted to know. I think I'm just a regular Ol Heinz 57 myself.

Edited by chaskaduo - 19 Sep 2019 at 3:05pm
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:42am
Example of the marketplace.

Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:10am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Yep Dale, that's Elliott Chaska Jr. They hung my Great Great Grandpappy at Fort Snelling. No just kidding. I'm not sure if I have much Indian in me. I hear tell that the Indians would name their son after the first meaning full thing they encountered in the morning of the birth, and that my ancestors were traders along the river and so the son was named Chaska, who later became a Chief of the tribe. This may not be true, I don't know for sure, but it sounds just as good as they hung my Great Great Grandpappy at Fort Snelling of which I understand there was a hanging of such but it was all a mistaken identity thing. OK more than you wanted to know. I think I'm just a regular Ol Heinz 57 myself.
My Great Great Grandpa was a Union soldier at the time and was called upon for that duty of the hangings or more so he was present as one soldier of the 6 companies of soldiers present from the Tenth Minnesota Voluntary Infantry Regiment. He was pretty fresh from Norway just a few years earlier, coming to America at the age of 16.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic