This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Road Grader Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Road Grader Help
    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 10:46am
HI all.
Does anyone have any idea of model year of this grader?
Im guessing late 40's early 50's.  I purchased it and it's scheduled 
to be here tmrw.  I'm trying to find svc manual on it.  I found one 
for Allis-Chalmers 45 road grader but its not year specific.  It looks like a 45
when i googled it.
It has a new motor and everything is mechanical but the power steering.  
Round frame.  I can locate alot of the grease fitting but I'm sure there's stuff i.ll miss.

Thanks for any help
Thomas
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 10:47am
looks like an AD4 or AD40 with  the 4-71 GM engine.  these would be the predecessors to the 45 which had the AC buda engine.  very similar models with changes to main frame, blade control box and other small items

Edited by CAL(KS) - 25 Jun 2019 at 10:50am
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:55pm
You may get more responses if you post this on the construction section as well. Just a suggestion.
Jack of all trades, master of none
Brinkley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:43pm
Thanks I will.
AD3grader View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AD3grader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 8:57pm
AD4
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:55pm
AD4...need a 6-71 for pushing V plow in big drifts
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 4:36am
Look for the Data plate, on bottom rail of the cab, where you step up into operators position.  Right side, IIRR...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:16am
AD40 had 2 year levers up through floor.Pwr steering wasn't around when that was made. Should have electric brakes. A 40 was an improvement over 4. Moved gear boxes for better visibility.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 2:22pm
Not a fourty five, I had one of them, also had 2 of the BD-3's, they had 3-71 detroits in them.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic