This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tractor Moving Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 7:43am
IMO, you'd best tow equipment to site, then go back and get the trailer and tractor. 
 You would be better off to use a dolly if you want to tow something behind the tractor.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Sponsored Links

gerkendave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 7:35am
My tuck is plenty big and thats why I'm thinking if the axles were nearly at the far end of the trailer the entire front end of the tractor would be supported with the pickup.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 7:15am

Pulling anything any where any  distance  with out good hitch weight or big enough truck is asking for a accident .

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 6:58am
Make sure at least one axle on the trailer has brakes!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:18pm
I thought about the car dolly just didn't know if it would be heavy enough for say the 190. And unfortunately Mack I don't have a good big trailer of my own to haul the tractors yet. I have to borrow the farms or my father in laws, and I was trying to get as compact as possible as done of these are small fields without much parking area
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:02pm
Why not just put a hitch on the back of trailer?       MACK
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:23pm
Why not get a car dolly or whatever they are called. Drive your WFE oni it , tie down and take off. We use to pull a WD 45 between farms with a home made tow bar hitch. I'd guess at 30 mph. Te furthest were 19 miles apart. Never added balers, etc. to the back too. Just had more equipment at those farms or planned ahead and used the pickup ahead of need.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:35pm
Thank you! May I ask if you did any kind of suspension or just solid? I'm guessing at that speed solid would be fine and would keep the trailer lower to the ground.
bakwoodsfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:23pm
I made hay for 15 years like that, made my own trailer. I think it was about 15' long and 7 1/2' wide with tandem mobile home axles at the rear of the trailer. Just chained the front of tractor and went down the road pulling the baler or rake. Only problem was not enough weight on the truck, could get stuck pretty easy on gravel. Like having a trailer for a sprayer, once you use it you'll never not have one.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerkendave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:44pm
Hey everyone just been pondering an idea here and curious if anyone has anything like it. I've been doing more and more hay that is farther from home and the old allis tractors just aren't the quickest machines around. I was thinking if I had a trailer with tandem axles that would be just long enough for the tractor to be fully on the trailer but leave the back of the tractor right towards the end so the baler or rake could be left on the ground to trail behind it could be towed down the road with a pickup around 30mph. Which is double what any of my tractors will do (d14, d17 and 190xt.). I used to have a wc narrow front that was perfect for raking with because I had a little two wheel cart that would carry the front of the tractor and everything else just trailed behind. I really liked having the pickup at each field so if something broke I could just take the truck and go home for parts and tools. If anyone has something they use I'd love to see it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic