This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drinkin Cowboy Coffee this mornin,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drinkin Cowboy Coffee this mornin,,,,,,
    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:54am
  Wishin I was up at the place in the mountains drinkin Cowboy Coffee ala My Good Buddy,,,,,,ole Shameless,,,,,Clap
 But ,,,NO,,,,My dang 2 month old "Super Duper fancy automatic brew by itself Mr. Coffee coffee maker has thrown a shoe and gone south,,,chit fire,,,I just gotta have my Cinniman coffee in the mornin,,,so I grab a pot and make me a pot of " Cowboy Coffee" and,,,,and,,,it sure tastin great,,,only'ist thing I ain't got any of thet neat Pine smell around to make a complete  Good Mornin,,,,Clapand,,,,and,,,I ain't heard any Elks buglin either,,,,,WinkWink
 I've fired off a watered down Email to customer Service at Mr. Coffee to see what they gonna do bout this pos that won't make any coffee,,,they give me any CHIT,,and I'm gonna really SCARE em by referrin  em to ole Shameless,,,cause ,,,,cause,,,they know better,,,,
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:05am
I wish I would a known sooner. I’d a called up and done a little Buffalo River Elk Bugling.
When we lose electric I boil water in a pot and pour through the filter basket into the pot. It makes much better coffee than the auto drip. It’s like cowboy coffee without the grit in the ole tooth.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:15am
we was at the gas station one day, the power company came in and said they was shutting down the power for about 2 hours, they was stringing a new line somewhere close by...well the coffee was low/nil. we had just came back from camping and I had the coleman grill in my truck, took and put sum water on to heat, then puts sum coffee beans ina pastic bag, tooks a hammer outta my tool box and smashed them up. made cowboy coffee right on the flatbed of my truck! owner of the gas station came in and said he thought that was just neater than chit! he gave us all a company logo insulated mug on him!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:36am
 Hey Thad,,,,ya'll gots Elks over  there,,??  I just LOVE to hear them big ole animals when they is bugling,,,Ya ever hear one durin the rut and up close,,,,like bout 30 yards away,,,????   CHIT  it'll make you have to change drawers,,cuause you be sittin behind a falldown and them things weighing bout 950 - 1200 lbs come crashing thru the trees and jusrt screamin Bloody Murder thinkin you done stole his favorite cows,,,,and,,,,and, he's wantin em back,,!!!!!  whew,,,I'm ready for October again,,,,,

Chit Shameless,,,I AM gonna have to go visit,,you make that good a coffee,,you are sorta resourceful,,,ain't you,,?? Clap
  You know I been tellin bout addin a half a stick of cinnamin to the coffee but with the drip machine it don't work near as good as makin Cowboy Coffee,,!!!  Dang,,,you get all the goody when you boil it with the grounds,,I'm lovin it,,,, Fact is,,I'm considerin lookin at Ebay see if I can find one to have here at the house,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:50am
Yes we have a nice heard down in the Boxley canyon and Buffalo river area. I’ve had a few out fighting not many yards from me. I used to go near Steamboat Springs CO Elk hunting every year but I quit when the out of state tags went through the roof. All I ever got was one cow and a couple nice Mulies.
Wanting to get an antelope someday.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:05am

Hey thas great Thad,,,I think them are the most  magnificent animals,,,and,,,and,when they is chasin the cows,,,they don't pay no mind to humans,,,,30 yards was way too close for me,,I like to chit when thet Bull was standin there screamin his lungs out turnin this way and that lookin for his missing cows,,
  My Son Jon, was 15 yards away from a big ole Bull this year and,,,,and,,he told me he was so scairt the friggin bull was gonna see him and charge him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,took aim,,,,and the arrow went right over the Bull,,,,,,,Jon said he didn't mind  he was shakin so bad,,,,man,,thas CLOSE,,!!! That boy gonna have to shake that "Buck Fever" else he ani't ever get no meat,,,,,LOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
Thanks to fish and wildlife spreading the wealth the last few years elk where there have not been any in 150 or 200 years or never. So I see the big bulls when on the way to town,Wink but not wanting to see them a night coming through my windshield. But since the shy girls stay over on the milatary base, the bold bulls that travel miles off base they don't bugle much when out from base. But I am looking forward to hear them sounding off some day.

I have never like any of my wonderfully's flavored  coffee she likes,but your cinnamon no sugar added sound good. As cinnamon is good stuff on some things.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey thas great Thad,,,I think them are the most  magnificent animals,,,and,,,and,when they is chasin the cows,,,they don't pay no mind to humans,,,,30 yards was way too close for me,,I like to chit when thet Bull was standin there screamin his lungs out turnin this way and that lookin for his missing cows,,
  My Son Jon, was 15 yards away from a big ole Bull this year and,,,,and,,he told me he was so scairt the friggin bull was gonna see him and charge him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,took aim,,,,and the arrow went right over the Bull,,,,,,,Jon said he didn't mind  he was shakin so bad,,,,man,,thas CLOSE,,!!! That boy gonna have to shake that "Buck Fever" else he ani't ever get no meat,,,,,LOL

Big critter big gun for me.
Remind me in a bit to share my scary story. It’s will make you laugh.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:05pm
I still have TWO aluminum stove top percolators as well my Grandmothers old Pyrex Glass Stove Top Coffee Maker, I will have Coffee or somebody's gonna take a whoopin'!!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:25pm
Ray, are you talking about Camp Roberts?  BTW have you gotten a lot of rain in your area lately?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:39pm

Remind me in a bit to share my scary story. It’s will make you laugh

OK,,I've waited long enough    I'm wantin to hear the storyClapClap.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 5:51am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

<span style=": rgb254, 252, 212; color: rgb0, 0, 36;">Remind me in a bit to share my scary story. It’s will make you laugh</span>
<span style=": rgb254, 252, 212; color: rgb0, 0, 36;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb254, 252, 212; color: rgb0, 0, 36;">    OK,,I've waited long enough    I'm wantin to hear the storyClapClap.</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

We’ve been working long hrs and I’m a little slow but I replied to Teddies post about this. Now y’all can get lots of good fun pokin in.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Ray, are you talking about Camp Roberts?  BTW have you gotten a lot of rain in your area lately?

Yes John that is the one. Most places are about 150% of normal and they talking more the 20th to end of the month. With a little trying could probably bog something big time right in the parade ground. But it is the National Guard the last 30 years so not busy all the time. 

They put elk on Fort Hunter Liggett first. About 20 years ago put like 40 on Camp Roberts they have done well. Boys being boys most bulls wonder off base. A 7000 acre ranch on the SW corner of base had the right connections and a special management of wildlife with the state before this happened. So for 6 years they get permits for 2 or 3 bulls. Several good guides and the last 4 years the place to hunt if you have money and want a record book set of antlers. The local thinking is fish & wildlife boys got a little Roosevelt blood mixed in the Tule elk. The Liggett herd has not produced anything special.   
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 3:31pm
Bought one of them drip coffee makers at Menards - lasted 3 weeks , took it back and got another - coffee was about 90 Deg - first cup was hot and when the second cup came from pot it was cold already, refund and - cheap one from Wally World now - they last about a year but the $12 on sale - or the return of the defective (might be in new box) or warranty -  Use to buy the 12 cup Proctor Sylex units at Fleet Farm on sale and had a couple of them - somehow they all seem to have went missing from when I was working in shop to getting lost here when someone bought one of them K cup coffee makers 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:15pm
The frugal Mr. Coffee one lasts me about a year at 4-6 pots a day. Roughly a buck and a half a month, or a penny a pot just for the maker. I turn it off right after brewing cause the hot plate is just to hot and burns the brew. I can reheat in the micro when needed to my preferred temp for frugaler. (is that a word?)
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:14pm
the old lady...oooops….I mean the loving wife buys them cheap 10 cup drippers from wally world, they too only last about a year at one pot a day. and Joe...I was out with a friend hunting elk one day and thought I heard a big one behind sum bushes, turned out to be my friend taking a dump behind them bushes!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:16pm
oh...and Miller...when you boil them grounds in yer pots, make sure the guts of the pots are out of them, and before pouring a cup, pour sum cold water in the top and a little down the spout, that makes the grounds sink to the bottom of the pot and won't come out in your cup.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:31am
Oh and don't forgets your chunk of cinnamon and egg shells, aronia berries, bacon, cowboy boots etc. Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:28pm
LMAO! that's good!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

the old lady...oooops….I mean the loving wife buys them cheap 10 cup drippers from wally world, they too only last about a year at one pot a day. and Joe...I was out with a friend hunting elk one day and thought I heard a big one behind sum bushes, turned out to be my friend taking a dump behind them bushes!

Well,,,Shameless,,,your buddy sure gots some funny soundin UMmm,,,err,,,,fact is,,,I ain't ever heard a Bull Elk soundin like sombody takin a chit,,,unless,,,,,unless,,he was havin to squeeze really hard to get it to blow out,,,,,LOLLOL THEN,,,it prolly did sound like an Elk,,,,LOLLOL UGHhhhhhh
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:25am
my buddy was glad I didn't shoot!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:47am
And I bet U is too.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

my buddy was glad I didn't shoot!

Ya but he would no longer need to sound like a bugling elk to get the job done.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic