This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front Crankshaft Seal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Wd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:12pm
Don, for sure the picture you posted looks about where my rear gasket is. The front one is definitely not straight all the way around the bearing cap though.
WD45
IH Cub Cadet 149,1650,1250
#2 Cart, IH#2 Tiller
Sponsored Links

Allis Wd45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Wd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:48am
Well Chris, the dreaded answer to your question. Yes it is leaking oil from the front bearing gasket. Is there any chance that when I run the tractor and it gets up to temperature it’ll stop or is it just going to keep leaking. Besides that everything else seems to be holding oil. But I haven’t ran it yet.
WD45
#2 Cart, IH#2 Tiller
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:02pm
Dang I was afraid of that too. Looked like a better than 50% chance it would hold to me. Guess I was wrong. I doubt your going to see any improvement to a no leak condition after running. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Wd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:34pm
Chris, I guess I better just take it back apart again and retry since the radiator is still out.
WD45
#2 Cart, IH#2 Tiller
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:17pm
I had some small leaks on mine too! I really think this is why Don and others suggest having the engine out and on a stand, upside down. Its just so much easier then fighting mean old MR gravity!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Wd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
Chris, I agree. I loosened the front of the pan and dropped it down enough to get at the gasket. I didnt want to break the bond of the permatex on the edges because I was afraid of ripping the side gaskets. Anyway I pushed on the side that was sticking out and got it lined up with the other side except for the top where its tacked to the block. I know all this is a guessing game but do you think I should remove the pan and realign the gasket or would I need to get another gasket set? It looks like the side gaskets have already been compressed.
WD45
#2 Cart, IH#2 Tiller
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
I'm sorry it is still leaking after all the hard work you put into stopping the oil leaks, so you might be better off to just go ahead and pull the engine put her on a stand turn her pan side up and remove the new but now old pan gasket set and go ahead with replacement of the front crankshaft seal at the same time. You are not that far from pulling the engine (less that one hour from it) If you don't have a stand or engine host most parts stores will rent them.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:20am
Aaron,
I will defer to Don's recommendations on this oil leak issue. He hasn't steered me wrong.
Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic