This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found some old Pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found some old Pictures!
    Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:01pm
Just thought I would share!

Enjoy!

Grandpa and "New" D-19 on the farm

Dad and Me Plowing with the "C"

1943 Picture, My great grandpa and his nephew I think, with military uniform

Pickin Corn

Enough for now, More later maybe!!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:05pm
I love seeing the old photos !! Thanks for posting.
1852 Moore Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1852 Moore Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:10pm
Thanks for posting the pics! Love seeing any 19 in action.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:33pm
I remember when you first posted these pics Don, I copied a couple of them for my screen saver.  BEAUTIFUL!!  Too bad they have that dang garbage on em from PB now.  Still a very nice pic.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm
Neat photos, thanks for posting them. What do you do with the ear corn?
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:18pm
Grandpa used to put it up as Crib corn...If I have a good pic I might share that tomorrow. It's fun to look back at the past 20 ish years!

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 5:51am
What I do with ear corn.
I pick just over 1000 bu this month.
I will run it through a grinder, mix in some SBM and TMS and feed it to my sheep.
With ear corn it is easy to get the right mix of energy, protein and fiber that livestock need.
Right now I am mixing/feeding 12% protein. As they get closer to lambing, I will go to 13%. Then after lambing and for lamb feed, I will go to 14%.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:57am

Me and grandpa

1951 WD

Plantin with the D-19 Diesel

Grandpa wrenching on a C

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 11:00am
My Lil buddy on the WC

Neighbors beautiful CA

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 4:27pm
Some great pictures.
  I always get a kick out of your tag line Pig in a pen Big smile
[TUBE]MlVzA8XK3Xc[/TUBE]
Ifin ya see any smoke, it ain't comin from an AllisShocked

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 20 Dec 2018 at 4:30pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 4:44pm
Man, I hope my CA ends up looking that good.

Great pics. nice to see them all working.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 9:00pm
Thanks Tucker this thread got a WHOLE lot better now! My favorite version is Ricky with the boston pops orchestra....it's like 2xs faster! Haha

Maybe more orange pics tomorrow!

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 9:45pm
Holy smokes....that paint job on that CA is like glass.! Wow
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 11:25am
Allis Plow

'59 D-14 and Grandpa

'51 G plowing

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
I especially like that one pulling the kids around!  It's perfect for this time of year.
They got hot chocolate and you got yours with rum.  Memories Grampa!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 11:13am
Thanks Ted! Yes that is funnnn for the kids! I think the driver loved it too!

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 1:32pm
That was a fun view.  Some of the units I love - the "Flat Top" WC, the G, the C, the CA, and WD-45, and the blue and white decals.  For me, doesn't get much better.
Thanks for taking the time to post.
Good Luck!
Bill Long 
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 2:24pm
Thanks Bill! Glad you liked the pictures and I will put more on Later. How old were you in 1943? That's the year of the black and white picture above with the C.

Were you woking for your dad at the dealership in '43?

PS..   Merry Christmas Bill!

Edited by Don(MI) - 22 Dec 2018 at 3:49pm

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 7:35pm
Don,  I was 9 years old in 1943.  Yes, I was working at my father's dealership.  WWII was going on and all the healthy young men were gone.  I was putting cleats on steel wheels, running parts, installing spark plugs, and whatever other job a kid could do.  Remember we were "fitin" the war.  We all did our part.
Ever so often as a treat I would get to drive a B or C.  Nothing bigger - not strong or long enough to push the WC clutch.  When I was on the forum several years ago I saw a young man from South Dakota driving a CA.  The look on his face was mine when I drove a tractor.
Merry Christmas!!!  Happy New Year!!!
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:52pm
Thanks for sharing Bill....Love those stories and so cool to think about. I have 2 sets of WC rear steel, I can picture a young Bill bolting those lugs on B's and C's!!

This is our Flat Top WC with Allis Hay rake

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:54pm

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 8:14pm
Don,  That is one nice clean "flat top" WC.  As you know the rake came out, I think in 1948.  We sold a bunch.  Worked well but had trouble with transmissions.
As you know the "flat top" WC is special to me.  It is the first tractor my father sold.
Again,  Merry Christmas!! Happy New Year!
Good Luck!
Bill Long

ps:  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  Brings back tons of memories.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:42am
Glad to share and bring back memories Bill! Ever since I could drive a C or B, I have been interested and enjoy Allis tractors with my Dad and Grandfather. It's great to read your stories.

Did you visit the farms that used equipment bought at your dealership? Do you remember tractor deliveries and also maybe field repairs?

My grandpa and WD trying out the All crop drill

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:44am

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:46am

Trying out the C sickle bar mower

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 9:52pm
Don,  Until I went to college and later the Army (it was mandatory at the time) I spent every summer working in the dealership.  Did just about everything. 
Loved to deliver new equipment.  Made many calls to repair tractors and other equipment.  Enjoyed it all. 
We closed the business in 1962.  Planted much too much concrete in our area.  When another local dealership became available I was away in the Army and could not get it.  Spent 35 years in Branch Banking.  Had a good career there but always loved the Orange.
Happy New Year!
Good Luck!
Bill Long
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:13am
nice photos
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:26am
Gramps and me cultivating corn with twin C's

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:30am
A little story- My grandfather said when he was a kid he used to ride on the back cultivator rear gang like we are in the first picture. His dad (guy in the black and white photo with the C) would cultivate and gramps wanted to ride back on the gang. Said it was rough sometimes, haha. He remembers that rear taillight too in the dark.

Rltool View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rltool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:54am
Really nice pictures Don.
Thanks for sharing.
Ray W.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic