This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next project: 7060

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 6:23pm
Agco is actually cheaper on the cab air filter.

Nice looking 7060!
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
Sponsored Links

1852 Moore Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1852 Moore Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:17am
Sometimes...you eat the bear. Congrats!
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:35pm
 I'm glad it all worked out for you, that's a very nice looking tractor. .    Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
Orange Glow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:47pm

It is at its new home now!!! I drove it about five miles, then around the yard a few times. It runs perfectly, shifts smoothly, and is just a great tractor!!
I just can’t hardly hold all the excitement!!!
skateboarder68 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skateboarder68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 7:16pm
Good job! That had to be a pretty great sound hearing it run!
Orange & Silver still earnin their keep on the farm: R62, Series IV D17 nf, 185, 6080, 6080 fwa, 220, 1968 D21, 7045, DT240.
Sagefarmer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 7:01pm
Congratulations.  Keep pictures coming
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:57pm
Today it runs!!! It took a few tries of getting the air bubbles worked out, then it started and ran smoothly!! It revs good, and purrs like a kitten.
I did replace the air filters, so that should be good.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 5:21am
Check it’s engine air filter & external inlet pipe for bird nests. They love to build nest inside the pipe right above the filter canister.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm
We got the injectors in, now all that’s left is getting the lines hooked up, putting the hand primer on, putting the alternator back on, then it should be ready to crank.
We usually don’t run the bio diesel, but I think it only has problems when it sits around. This tractor won’t sit around anymore now!! It pays to keep them moving.
Hopefully tomorrow it’ll be warmer, and we can start it then. We would have almost got it today, but it was cold at 20 degrees this morning, and by late afternoon the windchill was -5!

Edited by Orange Glow - 28 Dec 2018 at 8:59pm
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 1:16pm
If you can get your hands on non-bio diesel all the more better
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 1:10pm
They did have to replace the cam ring, and they had three pages of other stuff, coming to $1,200 parts, and around $900 labor.
I got the pump and lines mounted, now for the injectors, then I’m going to replace the fan, alternator, and A/C belts. As long as I don’t freeze into place, that is!!
Hopefully it runs good now, it better!!!
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm
good luck! Keep us posted!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:28am
WOW! $2200? Ouch! They only get that high in my shop when major components are needed, like a head & rotor, cam ring, or housing. Hope it runs good now!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:28am
Seems all filters are pricey today. We need em so just pay up and move on....
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 10:18pm
Well, I have the pump and injectors back from rebuild, and $2,200 less in my pocket!!
They said everything was gummed up good, and the shut off cam and metering arm were broke off and laying in the pump. So, that left plenty of room for improvement, which means it has a good chance at running now!!
I’ll try and get it put together tomorrow, and maybe try to start it again.
The alternator checked out good, luckily.
As soon as it’s running good, I’ll change the oil and bring it the five miles home, then work on the manifold and maybe the turbo as well.
I have been trying to pick up all the filters for it, and Napa’s cab air filter was $93!! The outer engine air filter was $40, and I haven’t got the prices on the rest yet.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Lynn Marshall Lynn Marshall wrote:

If that tractor still has a Niehoff alternator,and if it's bad, I wouldn't waste the time or money on it. Just get a Delco with a tach correcting pulley and be done with it.

Yes...there is some gold in them Niehoff alternator somewhere..I just haven't found it,,, still got the one I took off...
Look in the Shoup catalog for the Delco replacement,,it comes with the correct pully and wiring...$175'ish iirc
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:15pm
If that tractor still has a Niehoff alternator,and if it's bad, I wouldn't waste the time or money on it. Just get a Delco with a tach correcting pulley and be done with it.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 6:34pm

Here is my problem with the tires. I’m not even sure that I’ll make it home before the duals fly apart, let alone in the field.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by injpumpEd injpumpEd wrote:

take the top cover off pump first to look inside and see how it looks. If clean, you can always try running a hose from a clean fuel can right to the inlet of the injection pump, center rear. If it's working right, it should suck fuel out and start squirting out the loosened lines in short time. 

Just from looking in the timing plate, it was brown and gummy looking. I got the timing mark found, got the pump off and took everything into town for rebuild and cleaning, including all the lines except the large one from the tank, and also took the injectors in.
It really ought to run after this, as that had to be the problem. It should be all done by Wednesday.

While I have the alternator off, it’s going to another town to be checked out, and (hopefully not) rebuilt.
The next job to do on it is to get the manifold off, and replace it. While it’s that far apart, I’m thinking the turbo ought to get checked out, and it’ll probably need $500-600 of work.
I’m fairly confident that it will run well after all this, hopefully by next weekend.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Orange Glow Orange Glow wrote:

I’ll check into that for tires! Thanks!! It would be really nice to find a good used set of radial either 18.4-or 20.8x38 tires for a good price.
I don’t know what it takes to ship a great big thing like a set of tires, but I see they’re in the MS, Alabama region, and I’m in Iowa. I’ll see what they usually do in a case like that.

On another note, I’m ready to remove the injection pump this afternoon, and get it and probably the injectors cleaned and the pump rebuilt.

Please get this thing RUNNING before you even THINK about rubber !!

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:20pm
take the top cover off pump first to look inside and see how it looks. If clean, you can always try running a hose from a clean fuel can right to the inlet of the injection pump, center rear. If it's working right, it should suck fuel out and start squirting out the loosened lines in short time. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:53pm
I’ll check into that for tires! Thanks!! It would be really nice to find a good used set of radial either 18.4-or 20.8x38 tires for a good price.
I don’t know what it takes to ship a great big thing like a set of tires, but I see they’re in the MS, Alabama region, and I’m in Iowa. I’ll see what they usually do in a case like that.

On another note, I’m ready to remove the injection pump this afternoon, and get it and probably the injectors cleaned and the pump rebuilt.
ozarkfarmer01 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkfarmer01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 9:17pm
You might try Bobby Henard Tire Service for used rears.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:25pm
Well, the only conclusion I’ve come to today is that it’s not getting fuel to pump through the line to the injection pump. When hooked up correctly, it will not prime fuel through the filter. With the filter bypassed, it still will not pump fuel into the injection pump. We replaced one of the check valves (that was all the place had), without much change.
If the metering valve is stuck (or the plungers) on the injection pump is stuck, will that cause it not to be able to prime?
My last idea before removing the pump (or having the local diesel place come out) is to put a brand new entire hand primer on.
From what I’m seeing, it looks like the problem is like Ed said, in the injection pump.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 8:55am
Odds are the metering valve at least is stuck and very likely the plungers are stuck too. The Roosa pumps don't like sitting in old fuel, especially modern fuel lol! I feel if it was going to work, it would have started squirting fuel by now. When they are stuck, I generally have to tap plungers out with a hammer and punch after teardown. I'd take the top cover off and see what it looks like inside. That will definitely give an idea on which direction to go. If it's nasty inside, do not force it to run like that, it may end up seizing the head. Then it gets a lot more pricey to fix. Good luck!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 8:49am
That’s what I did, run the block heater on a generator for almost all morning and most of the afternoon. I actually was running two block heaters, the factory one, and a magnetic one.
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 8:20am
Originally posted by allisrutledge allisrutledge wrote:

This may be a silly question but is it warm in your shop when your trying to start it?

This is a very good question, if it isn't in a heated shop, plug in the block heater for a couple of hours before you start trying to start it.  If the block is cold, it will make priming a whole lot harder, and it may never start even when you get the air out.
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:40am
I might as well ask for the pump- pulling procedure now! I’m hoping it will prime up good, but if it doesn’t, I’ll probably try and get the pump into town for a rebuild.
Thanks!!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 9:57pm
If you don't already know...ask for procedure before just pulling pump off.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 9:44pm
Multiple things can be sticking in the injection pump and cause a fuel issue. Metering valve, delivery valve,or even a transfer pump problem could all cause problems in getting the engine to fire. Follow those priming directions, but if that doesn't work, you may have to pull the pump. The metering valve is fairly easy to get to,but it's not exactly for a beginner either. Hope you get her going.🚜
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic