This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ugh!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ugh!
    Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 7:08am
Snow flying out side. Supposed to get six inches of it. Darrel
Sponsored Links

ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 7:34am
     Not good when you have to go out and work in that. Seems early for that much snow? What are your temps?
     Central Ohio had freezing rain yesterday morning, which is mostly still on everything. Highs the last few days in the 30's and same for today. About an inch of snow over night last night too.
     Hope we all get some better weather. The weather guy from Columbus, Ohio said yesterday that normal highs for us for now are in the 50's. I don't think we've had Indian Summer yet either.
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 1:16pm
Supposed to get 2 to 3 here. Don’t even got the soybeans finished yet!
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 1:38pm
We just 4" of snow yesterday and suppose to possibly get more sat and sun. The 4" we just got is the 2nd round of snow
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Kurt WI Kurt WI wrote:

Supposed to get 2 to 3 here. Don’t even got the soybeans finished yet!
Same exact boat here. 
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 4:51pm
I plead the fifth.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
Ours is already melting but not before we received 9" of the stuff. Storm backed up against a cold front from the SE, then settled into IL and rotated CCW pushing MORE moisture into the sweep and MORE snow on us. School called yesterday and today, first Nov Snow Days anyone could remember for our district.
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 5:31pm

NASA warns long cold winter could hit space in months bringing record low temperatures

Edited by Gordy - 16 Nov 2018 at 5:32pm
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:43am
Gordy.....How can that be...? Haven't you gotten the memo that we are in global warming....? Darrel
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 11:56am
Only in Algoreland. Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 4:53pm
Remember this? Smile

https://youtu.be/UBLxfvACQhE

Sleigh bells ring and I'm listening, But I'm turning and twisting. 'Cause I'm itching up here, And I'm scratching down there, I'm walking in my winter underwear.

Now, the front is all battered, And the back is is all tattered, But, when I'm cold to the core, I walk through the "trap door", And up into my winter underwear.

Vell, I don't care if it rains or snows or freezes. I yam so warm I yust don't give a hoot. I put on all the stockings I can locate, And I wear two pair of trousers with my suit. But then I start to perspire And then it sets me on fire. 'Cause I'm itching up here, And I'm scratching down there, I'm walking in my winter underwear.

Vinter snow is white and glistening, But I'm turning and twisting. I gotta scratch a little here, I gotta scratch a little there. I'm walking in my winter underwear.

I put my bathing suit away in moth balls, And now I've got to adapt to snow balls. Then I can't scratch my back; I throw myself all aback. I'm walking in my winter underwear.

Through rain and snow and ice I do not worry. The winter come, I yust don't give a hoot. My coat and hat and earmuffs keep my cozy And I wear two pair of trousers with my suit.

But then to cope to other clothing, Vell, the thing that I am loading, Is when my face turn blue, And contortions I go through, Walking in my winter underwear.

They're from Sears-Rooobuuuck.... Walking in my winter underwear!

Removed for Ray54

Edited by chaskaduo - 17 Nov 2018 at 10:24pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 7:51pm
chaskaduo  you come up with a good one Confused but then you go shameless and want us to see you in your unmentionables. 

You and and Shameless just keep that stuff behind closed doors, that's one picture you don't have to share.LOL
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 8:43pm
Thats back in the 60's ... Casey Jones and Roundhouse
[TUBE]UBLxfvACQhE[/TUBE]

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:45am
And then, there's the algore theme song:

[TUBE]CgBvyH5ZTRE[/TUBE]
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:35am
I think Indian Summer is out of the question this year ac hunter.  Our HIGHS don't get above our NORMAL LOWS.....Only got about 2" around here.  But having our temps get to their NORMAL would really be nice!!  BBbbbrrrrrrrr baby it's cold outside!!!!!  Sheesh!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
Down stream from Oakridge Tennessee
[TUBE]DtrJwLfNQPs[/TUBE]
Ray Stevens
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:27am
Dad once said that there is an indian summer every year and it suppose to be after a hard freeze... and Indian summer may only last for a very brief time, but it will happen... even if it is just for a few minutes... I never did see any hint of the hazy warm day with cobwebs floating in the air and cobwebs on the ground everywhere....not in septemburr, Octoburr, nor in novemburr. and don't think it was in august or july... But maybe back in the first part of june.   I do remember thinkin that it sure was the wrong time of the year for that to be happening.... and we had Lilacs starting to bloom on October 6th... at least three others commented on that...  So it appears that nature is out of whack with nature.... Ermm  
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:20am
ya'll can thank me later!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:22am
the big green farmers don't have our beans out either
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:13am
Reminds me of a news cast from MANY years ago,,,,,,,,,,was a gal on the (I THINK) Mabel, MN news at noon.  She gives the stories for the day and then announces that Chet (Name changed to protect the innocent) is standing by with the weather.  He says; "More snow in the forecast",,,  She jumps in and asks him first thing,,,,,,,"Where's that six inches you promised me last night?"   (laughter in the background and then,,,,,,,cut away to commercial)...
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:05am
Darrel...you gots yer corn out yet? I mean out of the fields?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 6:51am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Darrel...you gots yer corn out yet? I mean out of the fields?

No, I am slower than the big green farmers. Wyatt is actually the man in charge of the harvest. He got one semi load done, and the moisture was 18.2. Took it straight to the ethanol plant. 18 is kind of there cutoff point, but they did take that load. Might have helped that Wyatt knows the guy in the scale house quite well. It hasn't done anything but rain and snow since, so I don't think the moisture has dropped. Kind of have a precarious situation, too, with the two fields he started on. Every bushel off of these two fields (100 acres) has to be ferried out in the grain cart through a creek crossing that we can't take the semi through. Anyhow, thanks to some pretty white stuff, it's been a struggle with even the tractor and grain cart. Only 400 bushel cart with the 8070 FWA on it, and it spins out coming up out of this creek crossing. He ended up only putting one dump at a time on the cart to even make it work. But now with 6 inches of new snow, it'll open up a whole new can of worms. He had hauled a couple loads of scoria (the red rock around here that we surface county roads with) onto it, and that helped, but now that is all covered up again too. And the "up and out" side of the creek crossing is on the south side, thus a north facing slope, so it doesn't get a direct hit of sunlight to thaw it out. We are thinking about putting the 8550 onto the cart, but I don't think that'll be any better. Maybe a little less snow would be the answer. Darrel
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Sounds like good times Darrel.  Unhappy  Much the same story here.  Struggling to get my beans done.  I actually took my corn off first, even though the moisture was over 20.  That's what my dryer is for! Hahaha....Beans behaved strangely this year in maturity, hung onto leaves late, stayed green, so I took the corn off. Glad I did, but still struggling in the snow to finish beans.  Getting close....
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 3:39pm
We got 18 inches of snow back on the 10 of October. It took three weeks of our Indian summer to dry out enough to to start harvesting again. Most guys got beans and corn off but still many beans and almost all the sunflowers left.sunflowers can be harvested after solid freeze up you just can't till after.we still have pintos and soys in the field. They're goners and will make spring tilling tougher.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:20pm
True store about an old boy in Jackson Hole Wy, old batchlor had a cabin, got snowed in all winter. Snow melted in the spring. Now this old boy had all the modern convinces. When they brought in electricity, he had them set his pole down by the crick. He bought himself a Matag wringer washer and set it by the pole. Didn't need electricity in the cabin. Now remember this old boy had been snow'd in all winter. He took off his winter long johns, took a much needed bath, tossed the long johns in the washer. Then he decided he was thirsty and lonly, headed to town for a cool 1. 1 lead to a few dozen or more over a three day period. When he did remember to go home, there was that Matage wringer washer churning away. When he walked down there to get his winter long johns, all he had was a big ol handful of strings. I hope you guys get doug out and not find yourself in this old boys circumstance.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:47am
Got up to the low 60's again today, been in the 50's & 60's the last few days but the snow we got on Saturday night isn't melting as fast as I had hoped.  May be able to cut the last field of grass hay tomorrow.  Another couple storms on their way for the weekend but only 30% chance of snow and 40's for Sat and Sun then warmer next week, might just get er done before December!
A lot of the corn is still standing around here, just too wet and we don't have driers like you guys in the mid west.

Edited by JohnCO - 22 Nov 2018 at 1:48am
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:01pm
This is one of those years that is going to go down in history for the farmer.......
TOO wet in the spring.  It wouldn't quit raining.
When it did, it didn't last for long, it started in with a vengeance. 
ALL spring and summer it rained...When fall was supposed to get here, according to the calendar, we went into the deep freeze and we haven't come out of it yet.
Now winter is knockin on the door and it's cold as I've ever seen this early in the year.  Normally Dec or January for this cold.

Couldn't get into the fields to plant, couldn't cut hay and now you can't get what crops you have in.....BAD year for farmers,,,,,,again.
"Allis-Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic