This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,I got lucky,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,I got lucky,,,,,
    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 4:24am
 Well,,the annual Big Elk Hunt has come and done gone by and now the work starts,,UMmmm,,continues,,,,Clap
  Jon and his GF and I went up to the mountains this past Sat mornin lookin to bag a bull Elk for some fresh meat. I had not drawn a Bull Elk Tag in several years so was really lookin forward to spendin some quality time just bein in the mountains. 
 I was really worried bout leavin the wife alone for the whole day but she told me to go ahead as she had her phone so,,I went,,!!
 We went straight to this canyon trail that is bout halfway up the mountain, where we had harvested 2 Bulls and 1 cow before, but didn't get a shot all the way in or all the way out. Stopped to get a drink and decided to take a two track down towards the creek and spotted a small 3X3 bull comin up the hill and at bout 75 yards,,,the trusty 50 caliber muzzleloader did it's job with one shot.
 Only after it went down,,did I realize the grade on the mountain is bout a 45° steep and he's on the downhill side of us,,,,,,Holie molie,,We went ahead and boned it out in place and I am SO PROUD of Jon's GF as she was loadin the meat in plastic bags and then in her back pack and luggin it straight up the hill to the trk,,!! That girl packed 8 bags of meat prolly weighin 30-40 # each bag,,!! I still cai'nt believe how very strong thet woman is,,,,Clap 
Course it prolly helps to be in your 30's too,,,,,,,I told ole Jon,,,he best be careful and not get her upset,,,she'd kick his azz pretty easy,,,,,Jon is 6'1" 188 and she is 5'6" and 140 soaking wet, but boy,,has she got some gumption,,,!!!  
Fixin to start cuttin meat up and maybe make some jerky Sat or Sun,,,,,,Clap

Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:25am
Jon better toe the line or he'll get his Censored whopped! Glad you got some fresh meat and had somebody to haul it up the hill for you. After you bone one out do you leave the carcass there for the varmints to finish off?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:35am
Nice work Joe!  Sounds all in all a good day.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
 Yeah,,Hubert,,carcass has to stay up there. Years ago,the Game dept found the Chronic Wasting Disease in 2 of the deer down in the far lowest corner of the forest,,so to err on the safe side they declared the whole unit as suspect,  hense the deboning. They haven't found any more since then. I was really skittish as the last time I went deer hunting,,they had to call in a helicopter to haul my azz to the hospital in El Paso, Tx due to a heart attack,,,,!!!!!! This time I was OK but it took me bout 10 rest stops to climb 75 yards up thet steep azzed hill,,,,,,LOL So,,Ya see how glad I was to have Elena there,,,,ClapLOL
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:35am
Good job Joe. Glad you got your elk A strong woman is hard to beat. I tried once but I got my ask kicked.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:10am
Thad, why do you want to beat women?? LOL

DJ, good for you!!  You've got some good meat to take along up to Blair when we have our little get together.....That'll be really fine when Shameless grills it up for us! Big smile
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:47am
I see viglink adds a link for beat women.  Man, that's one I don't want to click on!Thumbs DownShocked
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Thad, why do you want to beat women?? LOL

DJ, good for you!!  You've got some good meat to take along up to Blair when we have our little get together.....That'll be really fine when Shameless grills it up for us! Big smile
Ted, I’d like to say it’s cause I can but that ain’t the case
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:33am
I beat mine! I divorced her, she hooked up with a deadbeat, he burn thru all her inheritance from her mom and then left her. I have a home and property up north. I'm happy and she's not. LOLLOLLOL

Edited by chaskaduo - 18 Oct 2018 at 11:34am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:40am
I luvs mine! she takes GOOD care of me and the puppies! and congrats Joe on the bag! and onlyest one shot????? are you sure?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 2:15pm
Good job DJ, great eating

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:12pm
 Yeah,,Ted,,I plan to take a bunch of Elk steaks and let ole Shameless do his magic on em on his brand new griller,,,,,,LOL I'm bettin he'll outdo hisself,,,,,,,Clap Jon texted me earlier and he says the meat is many wonderfuls,,,,SOOoo tender and great tastin,,,yea,,,,
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:29pm
Congratulations Joe on your Elk and finding out about the Girlfriend!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:30pm
Corn grats on that on that one. Them young ones like young whitetails??? Meat far more tender than old poops like us. I got a grand daughter and grandson that would love to take a shot at one of them. I got to look into them tags.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:31pm
Me thinks she outdid her sef juss to impress the old man cuzz... she gots the HOTS fur the big time Elk hunter with his old musket... her bofriend didn't shoot nuthin... She knows who the hunter.  LOL Congrats on gettin some meat...Thumbs Up

An remember to have a lockin gascap on that vehicle your takin when you go visit you know who...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:11am
    remember to have a lockin gas cap on that vehicle your takin when you go visit you know who...
 Actually,,JC,,,I done put a lockin cap,,,,plus a chain and padlock on the tank AND one on the hood for good measure,,,Ya know,, just in case,,,cause,,,,cause thet guy is full of all kinds of shenanigans,,,,,,,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:57pm
How come HE ain't said squat yet??  He lose his puter?
"Allis-Express"
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm
DJ, did ye put chain hoist chain in? the kind that needs a torch to cut because the bolt cutters break instead of the chain... ??  Wink

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:41pm
the POS Verizon wouldn't let me on for past 2 days
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:55pm
as much as we all likes to eat....you better go shoots another one!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 6:00am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

as much as we all likes to eat....you better go shoots another one!

Well,,Good Buddy,,,as a fact of the matter,,,I AM headed back out to the hills this mornin here in bout an hour,,,,Clap  Ya see,,I did in fact draw out on a Deer tag as well as the Elk tag,,so I'm going out to the foothills and see if I can bag a nice young buck from the road,,,,,, See,,,,I'm a dang meat hunter cause,,,cause,,,years ago,, I used to try steamin, boilin, broilin, bakin, fryin and I never had any luck cookin them horns to where they wound go down and stay down,,,,,,,Wink The five boys are still young enough to think they gots to go bag the biggest horns they can,,not knowin the meat of a young buck is lots better eatin than them horns,,,,,,LOL
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:45am
Saw a lot if those dang horns last night going home and again this AM. They are so thick around home, the DNR gave me 30 deer liscense this year. My neighbor makes hunting movies and I gave 25 of them to him. I'm sure he'll make good use of them.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:28am
Tom...you could blend sum honey in the meat....no wait...they'd prolly call it horse meat then...nevermind!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:50am
You did good Joe!!
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
You guys all know that hunters make the bestest lovers
1 They always go deep in the bush.
2 They always shoot more than once  (except DJ)
3  They always eat what they shoot.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:50am
Now Wayne,,,,,,,,,

BUT, I'm a hunter and I do all of them things!!

Edited by Ted J - 22 Oct 2018 at 11:01am
"Allis-Express"
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:06pm
 UMMmmmm,,,Ted,,I cannot tell if she is sayin "No" to #1 or #2 or #3,,,,,surely she ain't turnin all them wonderful proposals down,,,,is she,,????? WinkWink
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:13pm
If that thing had done that finger wag and eye roll and that smug lower lip thing at me, she would be lookin for some one else to wag that finger at...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
 Dang,,,,when thwet woman on Ted's post gets a few more years on her,,,she's gonna have em down to her,,,,,UMMmmm,,,,ERrrrrrrrr,,,,,UMMmmmm,,,never mind,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:20pm
 Oh,,and by the way,,,the big Deer hunt come to a close a few minutes ago,,,and,,,,and,,,we ain't got no venison in the freezer this year either.,,,,I was gonna go with Jon but he called Friday nite that he had sprained his .lower back ,,,,so I called my Brother and he jumped at the chance to go ride in the hills and drink a little beer,,,,,We went to the foothills and drove the little Nissan till we dang near run out of gas,,so we come home. Couldn't go Sunday but Monday mornin we went to different part of foothills and didn't see any bucks,,,, nuttin but nellies all day long.
 Jon called me last night that he was stuck up in the hills with a flat tire on his new F250 and could not get the spare tire lock off to get the spare,,,," Dad,,Can you come help me?"
 What;s a Father to do,,??? So,,,I load up generator, 4 1/2"grinder,  spare discs,,, tools,,, floor jack,,,more tools,,,,I might need a bigger trk,,,,!!
 Left the house at 6 AM and drove and drove and finnally find him walkin out of hills at 10 AM,,,!!! We drive back into the mountains bout 5 miles and finnally come on to his trk. After 2 hours,,Finally grind the friggin lock of spare tire lock,,,pack all the tools in trks,,,AND,,,and,,,the friggin Nissan will not start for CHIT,,,, GULP,somebody,LEFT THE FRIGGIN HEADLIGHTS ON ALL THET TIME AND RUN BATTERY DOWN TO NUTTIN,,,, ( Same person FORGOT TO LOAD JUMPER CABLES) Finally decide to pull the Nissan out on a chain with his F250,,,5 Miles,,5 friggin,,,, bumpy,,,,, jerking jumpin,,,miles,,,,more Chit thet was a BFD,,,finally get to main road and rig up some jumper cables out of my ONLY good extension cord but trk starts right up after a 5 minute boost,,,,,,,
 I'm tired and wore out from all this huntin BS,,,,,,,kinda glad it is over for this year,,,,,Wink 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic